• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Fabulous~ (The Dent/Cilan Fanclub)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    AHHH my god so much! Okay.
    Really? Most people tell me NOT to watch the Advance Saga. A lot of people dislike Max, and May is loved by creepy fanboys. So I've heard. I've watched maybe two episodes and couldn't be bothered. So yeah... maybe I should give it a real chance. It's daunting, since there are soooo many episodes. It's like somebody just becoming a fan of One Piece, and realising how many chapters there are!
    They're good characters in their own right. People don't give them credit enough because they can't see past Max's know-it-all attitude and May's tits.
    Don't feel like you have to watch them all, either. You can get by skipping half of them or so.

I don't really know how proper fan clubs operate, but can't you make a poll of sorts? In my completely unbiased vote, I will go for fan fiction. Haha...
    Idek, I don't want to make one for fear I can't get rid of it. I don't really know all the things that could be don anyway, so... I'll just keep an eye on responses?

I was just quoting the total, but I agree, the abundance of WishfulShipping isn't a good thing. I read one or two. I just don't like the aesthetics of it. I'm very shallow when it comes to pairings- appearance all the way! Then try to keep their canon characteristics and try to make it work.
    I'm kinda opposite- characteristics over appearance. But really, I don't see Wishful either way. ^^;

I've taken a shining to Elesa x Chili/Cilan/Cress. I hope I won't get slaughtered for this. I was very surprised about the lack of Cilan fics especially, seeing as he has so many fangirls (Well, maybe depending on your outlook, this is a good thing). Has anybody tried DeviantArt? I figured it would be the same kind of thing, seeing as a lot of FF.net writers have DA accounts.
    I can see Elesa x Cress more than anything. Maybe it's because I ship Ash x Dent and Chili x Juniper. :3
    DeviantArt doesn't actually have too much. The few fics I see are Wishful, as is much of the art.

Also, I was wondering what you guys thought of the character differences between in-game Cilan and anime-Cilan? Which is better, do you think? I had the fortune of battling Cilan when I got the game (and knew zilch about it). He was shy and not very confident. Chili seems to be constant.
    Omg, anime!Dent all the way. His in-game character is super hesitant and withdrawn, so unlike the fabulousness of his anime aspect! :(

Okay, I'm pulling new topics:

In the event that we have an event, what type of event would you like said event to be?

Game Dent vs Anime Dent!

Years
    In the event that we have an event, what type of event would you like said event to be?
    Any sort of event involving graphics would be fine to me. :p

Game Dent vs Anime Dent!
    Since in the Anime, Electric type moves can damage Ground type Pokemon (Aim for the horn!), the Anime Dento might pull off something totally illogical in the games. Obviously, Anime Dent shall win.

Wait, we were talking about a battle, right?

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years

AMV making would be nice or a Graphic event. Which ever one seems to be good for me.

Game Dent vs Anime Dent!

Personality wise, the Game Dent is different compared to the Anime Dent. He didn't really do much of his "Tasting time" in the game and he seemed to be a little shy which got me shocked when I read his dialog. The Anime Dent seems to be better do to his fabulous personality. We don't know much for his personality in the game since we didn't see much of him in it.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I usually watch the show even without the subtitles and sometimes get's what's going on. It's fun to do that sometimes. The episode with Dento and fishing didn't come on April 7th. I wonder if they'll show it.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    I can see Elesa x Cress more than anything. Maybe it's because I ship Ash x Dent and Chili x Juniper. :3
    Heh, heh, sorry for the long post before. I'll try to condense from now. I'm still in essay-writing mode! Hahaha, a little bit of bias doesn't hurt anyone! =P Have you written any Chili x Juniper fics? I haven't read one before!

Was that your personal challenge to see how many "events" you could fit in? =) Definitely a fan-fic contest/gallery for me. Dento needs good fics about him that aren't all about poorly-written shipping.

Game Dent vs Anime Dent!

They're so different that it's difficult to see them as the same person. It's similar to how somebody could make a canon character so OOC you can't recognise them anymore. I like them both... but when it comes down to it, I prefer the anime Dento, just because I know him better. The game Dento has only a few lines- not a lot of room to grow attached to. To be honest, I can't think of a good reason why they changed his character so much. At first I thought it was to appeal to girls more, but cutsey, shy-guys aren't exactly unpopular...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Heh, like AshPikastar said; Dent's scream and how he ran off was sooo funny in the litwick episode. xD

I wouldn't mind doing an AMV, I just got my old computer back up and running with all my files still intact including episodes and sony vegas, so i'm hypin' over AMV's....

Years
    i <3 cilan soooooo much <3
    can I join???
    BTW, where can I find and listen to Cilan's scream? It's been bugging me for soooo long now

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

Nah. Who has the time for that? I read the summaries though.
    ME. Usually. I watch the episodes at least 3 times- raw, subbed, and in English.

I usually watch the show even without the subtitles and sometimes get's what's going on. It's fun to do that sometimes. The episode with Dento and fishing didn't come on April 7th. I wonder if they'll show it.
    Me too. I'm pretty capable of getting most of it, if it's a normal amount of talking.

I bet they'll show it after the TR vs TP eps.

Heh, heh, sorry for the long post before. I'll try to condense from now. I'm still in essay-writing mode! Hahaha, a little bit of bias doesn't hurt anyone! =P Have you written any Chili x Juniper fics? I haven't read one before!
    No worries. It's fun to see quality AND quantity~
    I hinted at it in my New Year's fic, and ended up being a fan of it. xD

Was that your personal challenge to see how many "events" you could fit in? =) Definitely a fan-fic contest/gallery for me. Dento needs good fics about him that aren't all about poorly-written shipping.
    You caught me. ^^;
    First one for fanfic~
    He does need some good fics. He's an amazingly workable character, I don't know how people have been doing so badly with him.

Game Dent vs Anime Dent!

They're so different that it's difficult to see them as the same person. It's similar to how somebody could make a canon character so OOC you can't recognise them anymore. I like them both... but when it comes down to it, I prefer the anime Dento, just because I know him better. The game Dento has only a few lines- not a lot of room to grow attached to. To be honest, I can't think of a good reason why they changed his character so much. At first I thought it was to appeal to girls more, but cutsey, shy-guys aren't exactly unpopular...
    *coughMyImmortalcoughOOCcough*
    I would say shy guys appeal to me less than outspoken, slightly eccentric guys, but that may be just me~

Heh, like AshPikastar said; Dent's scream and how he ran off was sooo funny in the litwick episode. xD

I wouldn't mind doing an AMV, I just got my old computer back up and running with all my files still intact including episodes and sony vegas, so i'm hypin' over AMV's....
    Is that... two graphics, two AMVs, and a fanfic now?

i <3 cilan soooooo much <3
    can I join???
    BTW, where can I find and listen to Cilan's scream? It's been bugging me for soooo long now
    Sure~ And you can hear it in what they mark as Episode 26.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    By the way, is there a reason why Ash x Cilan is called "Cafe Mocha?" I'm deaf, I forgot or it's a fandom-specific name I didn't catch on.

ME. Usually. I watch the episodes at least 3 times- raw, subbed, and in English.

THAT is dedication. I just watch it whenever I have time for it. As a result, I'm still lagging behind. I'm just not really into anime anymore. I don't bother watching dubs because thankfully, I understand almost everything that is said in the raws...

Me too. I'm pretty capable of getting most of it, if it's a normal amount of talking.

Do you know Japanese as well, or you can just work it out for yourself? Pokemon is geared for all ages, so it's a lot more simple than regular anime.

He does need some good fics. He's an amazingly workable character, I don't know how people have been doing so badly with him.

I completely agree- and ESPECIALLY since they can pick between TWO personas... =S There's a lot of creative freedom. They should be in dream land! It's not too hard to keep him character, but I shall see for myself.

*coughMyImmortalcoughOOCcough*
    I would say shy guys appeal to me less than outspoken, slightly eccentric guys, but that may be just me~

Ooooh, ho, ho, ho. My Immortal, My Immortal. Someone told me it was about Harry Potter beforehand, so that's the only reason why I knew it was a Harry Potter "fic." X) I don't think shyness is a complete turn-off, but because I'm loud and boisterous, I think I put off shy guys... and shy people in general. I really like eccentric people/characters- especially the completely-bonkers-genius variety!

Just because I felt like it; here you go guys, a small gif I made of Dento screaming. Sorry for no audio and for the quality.

Episode #26?! Crikey, I got miles to go... I seriously can't wait for the holidays!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Ahh cute gif~ :D

By the way, is there a reason why Ash x Cilan is called "Cafe Mocha?" I'm deaf, I forgot or it's a fandom-specific name I didn't catch on.
    Chocolate and Coffee is what a Cafe Mocha is made of. You could take all sorts of reasoning- Dent worked in a Cafe, Ash's eyes are brown, Ash likes chocolate, etc etc. But really- it just is.

THAT is dedication. I just watch it whenever I have time for it. As a result, I'm still lagging behind. I'm just not really into anime anymore. I don't bother watching dubs because thankfully, I understand almost everything that is said in the raws...
    I watch the dubs to review and such, mainly. Subs so I can understand, and raws so I can keep up.

Do you know Japanese as well, or you can just work it out for yourself? Pokemon is geared for all ages, so it's a lot more simple than regular anime.
    Really I just work it out, and in that way I've learned a fair amount of Japanese phrases and words.

I completely agree- and ESPECIALLY since they can pick between TWO personas... =S There's a lot of creative freedom. They should be in dream land! It's not too hard to keep him character, but I shall see for myself.
    It's easier than anyone else I've written for, lol. You should have absolutely no trouble.

Ooooh, ho, ho, ho. My Immortal, My Immortal. Someone told me it was about Harry Potter beforehand, so that's the only reason why I knew it was a Harry Potter "fic." X) I don't think shyness is a complete turn-off, but because I'm loud and boisterous, I think I put off shy guys... and shy people in general. I really like eccentric people/characters- especially the completely-bonkers-genius variety!
    It's actually an epic fic. I enjoy dramatic readings of it mainly. :D
    Hehe, so do I~

Starlite

extraterrestrial
    Years
    Cilan~ Must. Join. CLUB.

I love Cilan to death! He is my reason for loving Best Wishes right now. He's just that fabulous! My current favorite BW ship is CafeMochashipping, mainly because it's awesomesauce and just plain adorable. <3

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Oh hey, is that Black and friends art in your signature? xD;
    You should also try to fit Pod in there...

I've yet to watch Cilan in the english fandub. Is he really that bad? o-o;

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    It's actually an epic fic. I enjoy dramatic readings of it mainly. :D

It sure is. I've read ED's article on it, and it's surprisingly concise. They have a list of dramatic readings... my favourite one is definitely the reading where the creator used Microsoft's dictator programme.

I love Cilan to death! He is my reason for loving Best Wishes right now. He's just that fabulous!

I agree completely. I haven't watched the anime properly since effin' JOHTO. He definitely makes it interesting. Brock was cool, but not enough to keep me glued.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Cilan~ Must. Join. CLUB.

I love Cilan to death! He is my reason for loving Best Wishes right now. He's just that fabulous! My current favorite BW ship is CafeMochashipping, mainly because it's awesomesauce and just plain adorable. <3
    CafeMocha! We have a club for that here too. <3 Welcome~

Oh hey, is that Black and friends art in your signature? xD;
    You should also try to fit Pod in there...

I've yet to watch Cilan in the english fandub. Is he really that bad? o-o;
    Yes it is~ And unfortunately, yes he is. :<

It sure is. I've read ED's article on it, and it's surprisingly concise. They have a list of dramatic readings... my favourite one is definitely the reading where the creator used Microsoft's dictator programme.
    Haha I should check that one out.

I agree completely. I haven't watched the anime properly since effin' JOHTO. He definitely makes it interesting. Brock was cool, but not enough to keep me glued.
    Watch Hoenn sometime, it was good~ (Have I said this already?)

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Watch Hoenn sometime, it was good~ (Have I said this already?)

You did, dude~ I definitely will have to give it a try. It doesn't have Dawn or Iris (of course) in it, so it should be fine.

@TheSmartOne: They also have a diagram of how the "characters" of MI are related to each other. It's as confusing as the fic itself!

It's pretty quiet in here. You know, when I first stumbled across this, I was expecting rabid, off-the-walls, batshit insanity, but this is very tame. I'm pleased. =) I guess I'm too used to the dramas of the Naruto forums. I'm not progressing very fast in Best Wishes!... very devved. Damn uni, damn you!

Either that or my n00biness to this forum is making me oblivious.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

You did, dude~ I definitely will have to give it a try. It doesn't have Dawn or Iris (of course) in it, so it should be fine.

@TheSmartOne: They also have a diagram of how the "characters" of MI are related to each other. It's as confusing as the fic itself!

It's pretty quiet in here. You know, when I first stumbled across this, I was expecting rabid, off-the-walls, batshit insanity, but this is very tame. I'm pleased. =) I guess I'm too used to the dramas of the Naruto forums. I'm not progressing very fast in Best Wishes!... very devved. Damn uni, damn you!

Either that or my n00biness to this forum is making me oblivious.

I forget who I say things to half the time. ^^;

Oh I need to see that. :D

Nah, PC is one of the friendliest, tamest, most respectful forums you will ever find. It's pretty amazing, really. :D

BEST WISHESSSSSS

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back