• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Fabulous~ (The Dent/Cilan Fanclub)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
  • THIS IS NEEDED

Just the reaction I was waiting for! ;)

It would be sooo much more better than the Pokemon Trainer though wouldn't it?

It would. Though I have no problems with the Pokemon Trainer. I just wished you could use Blastoise. I can imagine his cannons being both offensive and supportive.

Maybe we would actually get to use them though, not just their pokémon - you could see Dent shout "It's Brawling time" and he could um, idk - put his opponent in a sandwich or something?

Sandwich shuriken, perhaps? Bishie sparkle attack?

I don't see them as much of fighters themselves, but I love it~ If Bishie Sparkles became a legitimate attack, Marth, Ike, Link and Pit would own everyone. His recovery move should be an upwards, twirly, Sommelier dance. His taunt would be a shortened taste test.

I think he should use cutlery and crockery in his attacks, too. "Cutlery Storm!" Haw Haw.

Years
  • hi everyone, haven't been on the forum in awhile =P
    if Dent was in SSBB then Kirby and Pikachu aren't my favorite anymore hahhaa
    though if they were the ones fighting instead of their pokemon Dent would probably run away screaming like he did in the hitomoshi/litwick episode xD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Oh, I dunno. He's likely a pretty capable fighter. The way I see it, he's super-afraid of the supernatural. That's why he tries to explain everything away with science.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Did anyone notice how sad Cilan was when Bianca took his spoon? It was so adorable! Next episode in English is when Cilan got taken over by that mask. I'm really excited about that. Makes me think he has powers now -shot-

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My theory is that Dent's now more afraid of ghosts than he was [if he was] because of being possessed. I mean, thinking about Desumasu- it has retained all its human memories, and thinks constantly about its death and what it has become- and when it possessed Dent he could see its memories and the horror of the whole thing...

Scary. So scary...

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I can see why I mean the way he acted during that haunted house episode really showed him being scared of Ghost although he doesn't really believe in it but that one episode must have gotten to him. He still probably doesn't believe in ghost but it still haunts him.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • The way I see it, he's super-afraid of the supernatural. That's why he tries to explain everything away with science.

Given his reactions and ways of talking about the supernatural, it is my opinion that he has transcended the realm of "afraid" and entered the world of "phobic." He has Phasmophobia, through and through.

My theory is that Dent's now more afraid of ghosts than he was [if he was] because of being possessed. I mean, thinking about Desumasu- it has retained all its human memories, and thinks constantly about its death and what it has become- and when it possessed Dent he could see its memories and the horror of the whole thing...

Scary. So scary...

Very. In the cases we have seen Dent embroiled in, ghosts actually do exist. While his fear is not entirely irrational, it's misappropriated. Despite knowing ghosts exist, he continues to rely on science and rationale to explain supernatural phenomenom- which ironically, is irrational (because ghosts do exist). This may not be his actual beliefs, but a coping mechanism to "calm him down."

Then again, his personality is close to the type of person that has skeptical views- it would be interesting to know if a) he was always like this, and b) if he was always afraid of ghosts. Given his personality type, I don't think he was afraid of ghosts prior to Yamask's possession.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • OK. I'm finally joining. XD
    Username: solarowl
    Your Favorite of Dent/Cilan's Pokemon: Pansage, but Dwebble's growing on me a bit. ;D
    Answer to Topic at Hand: The topic is Game Vs. Anime Dent, right?
    If so, the Game Dent was lame. He was stuttering a lot, and the other Gym Leaders kept finishing his lines, when they could have made him sound more confident. You also have a very short time with him. You only find him outside the gym once, then inside when you battle him. Other Gym Leaders had waayy more time with you, or at least an event outside of the gym.
    The Anime Dent is what I love. He's so cuute, and way better than Brock. He's so much better than Ash! Who's with me on Dent should've been the star of this Season instead of Ash?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Given his reactions and ways of talking about the supernatural, it is my opinion that he has transcended the realm of "afraid" and entered the world of "phobic." He has Phasmophobia, through and through.

Very. In the cases we have seen Dent embroiled in, ghosts actually do exist. While his fear is not entirely irrational, it's misappropriated. Despite knowing ghosts exist, he continues to rely on science and rationale to explain supernatural phenomenom- which ironically, is irrational (because ghosts do exist). This may not be his actual beliefs, but a coping mechanism to "calm him down."

Then again, his personality is close to the type of person that has skeptical views- it would be interesting to know if a) he was always like this, and b) if he was always afraid of ghosts. Given his personality type, I don't think he was afraid of ghosts prior to Yamask's possession.
    Yeah. I do think he was more skeptical of the paranormal before the possession, but now he's haunted by that experience and tries to deny things like that. He's trying to repress those memories, I think.

OK. I'm finally joining. XD
    Username: solarowl
    Your Favorite of Dent/Cilan's Pokemon: Pansage, but Dwebble's growing on me a bit. ;D
    Answer to Topic at Hand: The topic is Game Vs. Anime Dent, right?
    If so, the Game Dent was lame. He was stuttering a lot, and the other Gym Leaders kept finishing his lines, when they could have made him sound more confident. You also have a very short time with him. You only find him outside the gym once, then inside when you battle him. Other Gym Leaders had waayy more time with you, or at least an event outside of the gym.
    The Anime Dent is what I love. He's so cuute, and way better than Brock. He's so much better than Ash! Who's with me on Dent should've been the star of this Season instead of Ash?
    Hehe, Dent should totally be the star~ Pokemon would be notoriously fabulous~

Technically the topic at hand is Dent's phasmophobia, I guess is where we have gotten to. Don't trust the topic bit on the front page. ^^;

solarowl

Years
  • I kind of hate how he is scared of one of my favorite types. XD
    Yeah, I think Yamask really gave him a big scare. I would to actually.
    Dent is just cool with his science. X3

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • The Anime Dent is what I love. He's so cuute, and way better than Brock. He's so much better than Ash! Who's with me on Dent should've been the star of this Season instead of Ash?

I could say the entirety of the fan club would think so, BUT I DO A LOT. In fact, the only two reasons I'm watching Best Wishes is #1, Dent, and #2, I like the Pokemon in Unova. Iris has made me stop watching a lot of times, but eventually I come back to it once the irritation subsides.

Yes, the anime is all about his we-will-end-it-when-nobody-cares-about-Pokemon journey to become the Pokemon Master, but I'm getting bored. Like we have said a lot of times, there should at least be a spin-off series or spin-off movie(s) that focus on other characters- well, especially Dent.

I like both renditions of Dent. Technically, the true one would be the games, but I can understand why people gravitate towards the anime more- it would have been interesting if they kept his bumbling personality (I think that's cute, haha), but the one thing they did right was change Dent for the betterment of the anime.

Now I think there should be an episode that flashes back to a young Dent and his brothers being in Sinnoh for no good reason, and visiting the Old Chateau- or the writers think of some place in Unova to plonk another scary house. It would chibi-cuteness and funny~

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Pokemon Japan should try take that idea that 4Kids tried to do, Pokemon Chronicles. But yeah, focus it more on the other characters, and not just bundle up a few OVAs and call it a season. Characters such as Dento need alot more backstory. : D
    ...I should actually talk more about Dento in this club. xD;
    It would be surprisingly awesome if Dento got a Litwick or something in his party. Eventually.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I kind of hate how he is scared of one of my favorite types. XD
    Yeah, I think Yamask really gave him a big scare. I would to actually.
    Dent is just cool with his science. X3
    I think it's awesome that he has that kind of legit phobia, though- kinda gives him yet another "face", so to speak. /really having phrasing issues this week

I like both renditions of Dent. Technically, the true one would be the games, but I can understand why people gravitate towards the anime more- it would have been interesting if they kept his bumbling personality (I think that's cute, haha), but the one thing they did right was change Dent for the betterment of the anime.
    I think I like his anime persona much better than his game persona, if only because I like his fabulousness~

Pokemon Japan should try take that idea that 4Kids tried to do, Pokemon Chronicles. But yeah, focus it more on the other characters, and not just bundle up a few OVAs and call it a season. Characters such as Dento need alot more backstory. : D
    ...I should actually talk more about Dento in this club. xD;
    It would be surprisingly awesome if Dento got a Litwick or something in his party. Eventually.
    I still say Cottonbby/Seedbby for Dent. I think he would be terrified of Litwick... though that could make for drama if someone else has it. Cabernet, perhaps? And Dent freezes up out of terror during battle?

solarowl

Years
  • I think it's awesome that he has that kind of legit phobia, though- kinda gives him yet another "face", so to speak. /really having phrasing issues this week

Yeah. I haven't really realized many people with phobias besides Misty and Bugs, so it gives him more personality, I agree.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • They didn't even do much with Misty's bug phobia. It was mentioned in what, maybe 8 out of the 500 or so episodes she was in?

I hope they actually explore this character trait in a few episodes.

Oh, and by episode 33's preview it looks as if Dent's gonna get a decent amount of screentime. Likely doing something epic.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • It would be surprisingly awesome if Dento got a Litwick or something in his party. Eventually.

He should call it "Cress/Corn"! ♥ Been looking at too much fan art

I think it's awesome that he has that kind of legit phobia, though- kinda gives him yet another "face", so to speak. /really having phrasing issues this week

I agree. LOL, I would say "another facet to his character" for extra pretentiousness~ One could actually spark a large debate if Dent's phobia is legitimate or not- phobias are characterised by an irrational fear or a fear misproportional to the perceived threat. He's not delusional, because ghosts exist, and who wouldn't be afraid of an intangible creature trying to harm you? It remains to be seen how he react towards other docile Ghost Pokemon. I'll stop trying to overanalyse Dent

I still say Cottonbby/Seedbby for Dent. I think he would be terrified of Litwick... though that could make for drama if someone else has it. Cabernet, perhaps? And Dent freezes up out of terror during battle?

You have a wealth of ideas, deary. I still vote for Dent having an eventual Lilligant~ such campy goodness~♥ I also LOVE the idea of Cabernet having a Ghost Pokemon. Hahaha!

Yeah. I haven't really realized many people with phobias besides Misty and Bugs, so it gives him more personality, I agree.

On a student perspective, I acknowledge that phobias can be very debilitating, and in need of psychological help. However, the fictional-character lover inside of me thinks it "adds to his charm."

Oh, and by episode 33's preview it looks as if Dent's gonna get a decent amount of screentime. Likely doing something epic.

Hooray~ I'll probably start watching the anime weekly now.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I agree. LOL, I would say "another facet to his character" for extra pretentiousness~
    That's what I was looking for, thank you.

One could actually spark a large debate if Dent's phobia is legitimate or not- phobias are characterised by an irrational fear or a fear misproportional to the perceived threat. He's not delusional, because ghosts exist, and who wouldn't be afraid of an intangible creature trying to harm you? It remains to be seen how he react towards other docile Ghost Pokemon. I'll stop trying to overanalyse Dent
    This is true, this is true. And we shall have to see.
    Overanalysis is fun though~

You have a wealth of ideas, deary. I still vote for Dent having an eventual Lilligant~ such campy goodness~♥ I also LOVE the idea of Cabernet having a Ghost Pokemon. Hahaha!
    I hope she appears with one soon. I don't like her but man is Dent fabulous when he's kicking her ass. :D

On a student perspective, I acknowledge that phobias can be very debilitating, and in need of psychological help. However, the fictional-character lover inside of me thinks it "adds to his charm."
    QFT.

Hooray~ I'll probably start watching the anime in weekly now.
    Do it~

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I hope she appears with one soon. I don't like her but man is Dent fabulous when he's kicking her ass. :D

I KNO RITE?~♥ He's absolutely fabulous when he wins! I wonder what Ghost Pokemon she should have? LOL, probably I only care since I think she's alright, but I vote Cofagrigus, even though Kojiro's Yamask will undoubtedly evolve into one some time... or to go with her pretty purpleness, a Chandelure! I wonder if Dent stands in front of a Sableye that his bishie sparkles would reflect off of Sableye?~ Ends nuttiness

Just imagine Dent seeing a Cofagrigus. I reckon he would turn ANIMU BLU, shiver and faint.

Okay, I'll really try this time! BTW, I love your new sig~ I love ALL of your sigs, heehee.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I KNO RITE?~♥ He's absolutely fabulous when he wins! I wonder what Ghost Pokemon she should have? LOL, probably I only care since I think she's alright, but I vote Cofagrigus, even though Kojiro's Yamask will undoubtedly evolve into one some time... or to go with her pretty purpleness, a Chandelure! I wonder if Dent stands in front of a Sableye that his bishie sparkles would reflect off of Sableye?~ Ends nuttiness
    Shooti's already got a Lampent though... hmm. I could see her with a Golett.

Just imagine Dent seeing a Cofagrigus. I reckon he would turn ANIMU BLU, shiver and faint.
    This needs to become a reality.

Okay, I'll really try this time! BTW, I love your new sig~ I love ALL of your sigs, heehee.
    Thank you. ^_^

Oh and have I shared this before?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back