• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Fakemon Design Contest

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Fakemon Design Contest - Prompt #2

Background image done by deviantart user lenaachan

Fakemon Design Contest

We're still waiting a bit for the Prompt 1 results, but we might as well already release the second prompt.

As we all know, today's real world ecology is vastly different from the world of the past and will likely be very different from the one in the future. Climate change, pollution, over hunting, invasive species, hybridization (as well as, or perhaps, despite conservation efforts) among many of other things means that species that thrived in the past are now forced to adapt to new surroundings, and species that had a very niche place now find themselves able to breed and expand and reach new horizons (even if it's to the detriment of every one around them, including themselves).

And we also know these sort of things happen in the Pokemon world as well.

The Past and the Future

You (and your pair, if you have one) should design a Fakemon that is a past or future variant of one of the existing Pokémon released before Generation IX (no spoilers ~ ).

What do we mean by that? Here's a non-exhaustive list of ways to interpret the prompt:
    Spoiler:

Your submission should include the following items
    Spoiler:

Here's an example submission

Name: Tyrantrum
    Species Name: Despot Fakemon
    Typing: Rock / Dragon

Prompt Check: Future form of (the original T-Rex Pokemon)

Pokedex Entry:
    • Complete restoration is impossible, allowing room for theories that its entire body was once covered in a feather-like coat.
    • The king of the ancient world, it can easily crunch a car with the devastating strength of its enormous jaws.

Pair: N/A

General Tips

The prompt should influence both the visual design aspects (how much does the final result looks like they're a future / past version of an existing Pokemon) and textual aspects (how much does stuff like name, species, dex entries, etc. reflect the evolution process).

As such, despite having a "prompt check" session, in a perfect entry, it'd be completely superfluous because the design would tell us the same thing. You might want to use this as a sort of litmus test.

It can be funny, creepy, heartwarming, scientifically impossible, whatever you want! The important part is telling a story with your writing and your art.

Submission

Please send the submission via forum PM to both me (Shooting Star) and the co-host Cubeth.
    If you're working in pairs, only one person needs to do the submission but remember to name your partner.

Happy art and hope y'all have a great week!

Years
    Temporal & Regional Form of a Pokémon were listed together as an example of ways to interpret the prompt, does that mean that a regional form must also be a Temporal/ Origin form to be considered, or can you do either one or the other depending of your preference, or would you submit one of each if you take the second option.

Also what about Primals or Mega evolution? Since it was mentioned that list of possibilities isn't meant to be exhaustive, I was wondering if these mechanics could work as well for this prompt?

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Temporal & Regional Form of a Pokémon were listed together as an example of ways to interpret the prompt, does that mean that a regional form must also be a Temporal/ Origin form to be considered, or can you do either one or the other depending of your preference, or would you submit one of each if you take the second option.

Also what about Primals or Mega evolution? Since it was mentioned that list of possibilities isn't meant to be exhaustive, I was wondering if these mechanics could work as well for this prompt?

The key point for this prompt is Temporal, or I guess you could say it's all about Darwinian Evolution / Devolution.

Whether you're doing a temporal form of a "normal" Pokémon or a "regional" form is up to you, that said, regional variants are seen as regional variants precisely because it's implied (or in some cases like Alolan Meowth, outright stated) that they were brought in from another region and then changed, so it doesn't really make for sound lore to talk about "Past Alolan Meowth" for example, since that's either Kantonian Meowth or just "Past Meowth".

That said, you could make the argument that all regional variants are some kind of "Future Pokemon" since they do exactly what I'm describing here: they changed (from a base form) to adapt to their surroundings.

Primals are absolutely allowed and while Mega Evolutions aren't necessarily ruled out, they don't fit the prompt by themselves. You'd need to do some explaining regarding how that Mega Evolution fits the concept of Past or Future.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Fakemon Design Contest - Prompt #1 Results

Background image done by deviantart user lenaachan

Fakemon Design Contest
    Professor Rowan said:
    [... I]t didn't provide any answers about the mysteries of evolution. I still don't know why some Pokémon evolve and others don't. Ultimately, it only deepened the mystery. But having mysteries to solve... That adds to my enjoyment!

The results

First and foremost, I'd like to thank and congratulate all the people who participated! You all put a lot of work into this and it's teeming with creativity. Some of these were very tough choices for us to rank!

From last (but certainly not least) place all the way to the winner, the entries for the first prompt were:

#10 - Malydict (Gimmepie) with 8.25 / 10
    Spoiler:

#9 - Mansparce (Megan) with 8.5 / 10
    Spoiler:

#7 - Hypnaku (Apro) with 8.7 / 10
    Spoiler:

#7 - Chariogoul (Vision of Milotic) with 8.7 / 10
    Spoiler:

#6 - Webogre (Fairy) with 8.95 / 10
    Spoiler:

#5 - Dhamecho (Panda280) with 9 / 10
    Spoiler:

#4 - Inukshuden (Eleanor) with 9.3 / 10
    Spoiler:

#3 - Vigosterone (5qwerty) with 9.35 / 10
    Spoiler:

#2 - Purrtune (Kitty) with 9.55 / 10
    Spoiler:

#1 - Spiroak (Arcaneum & Kitty) with 9.9 / 10
    Spoiler:

The Prizes

All members of the Top 3 were part of Team Guerreros, so for the team gets 175 points.

Team Guerreros also gets 20 (+5 x 4 points) more points for participating.
    Team Arqueros gains a total of 15 (+5 x 3 points) for participating.

Arcaneum, Kitty and 5qwerty also gain a Smeargle VPP free of charge (although we ask to wait until after the GT to redeem it, since you might upgrade the prize with the next prompt).

The final standing thus are 195 points for Team Guerrero and 15 points for Team Arqueros.

I hope you enjoyed this prompt, and that you're enjoying the event as a whole! Thanks once more for participating.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Are we gonna be able to see everyone's entries? I really would want to see what other people came up with? Or is that reserved for the end of GT?

Panda280

Panda280
    Years
    I'd like to see all the arts too. I can't tell what line Webogre, Chariogoul and Spiroak from. If I have to guess, ??, kommo-o (Probably due to clangorous soul)? and spoink? (Spiroak).

I've seen no.2-4 artwork in the discord chat. There's no way no one can guess Inukshudep's line from the name.

P.S Pokedex entries too please!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I posted comments only earlier to get the results out ASAP since this weekend was a bit rough for me and that's some feedback that could influence this round, but we'll try to edit in / post the whole submissions at some point today.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Congrats everyone! The comments were fascinating and super interesting to read. Very excited to see the full designs!

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Are we gonna be able to see everyone's entries? I really would want to see what other people came up with? Or is that reserved for the end of GT?

Yea fakemon reveal lets goooo

I'd like to see all the arts too. I can't tell what line Webogre, Chariogoul and Spiroak from. If I have to guess, ??, kommo-o (Probably due to clangorous soul)? and spoink? (Spiroak).

I've seen no.2-4 artwork in the discord chat. There's no way no one can guess Inukshudep's line from the name.

P.S Pokedex entries too please!

Congrats everyone! The comments were fascinating and super interesting to read. Very excited to see the full designs!

Hello, hello sorry for the delay (or late response if you already saw), but the post with the results has been updated with the respective entries.

Panda280

Panda280
    Years
    Chariogoul, Hypnaku and weborge is nightmare fueled. Chariogoul's evolution method was pretty interesting. Spioroak and innuksuden too! I'd like to see the mana mechanic in main series game. Well done, everyone!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Oh my god, Perrtune is one of the most adorable Meowth evolutions I've ever seen! Congrats everyone!!

Just a question before I submit my own entry for the second prompt; are we allowed to participate anyway if we didn't submit anything for the first prompt?

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Just a question before I submit my own entry for the second prompt; are we allowed to participate anyway if we didn't submit anything for the first prompt?
    There's no problem with that, go ahead. Just remember you have to send your entry to both Shooting Star and myself.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I sent my mine in, as well. I hope it's at least a little better. This time I actually wasn't doing this under time pressure so it should be a lot more fleshed out overall. ^^"

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I submitted mine a while ago - just wanted to post to say that I did as well!

Back