• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Familiar Faces returning.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
  • (pls no Lillie lol) I'd like to see any older characters returning, such as Crasher Wake, Cynthia, Red and Blue, and people most others would expect too. Though I don't really have anyone in mind that I'd particularly like to see return, I feel that introducing these characters randomly and purposelessly just force an appearance would be stupid. Something like Sina and Dexio's appearance would be nice for other characters too. Grimsley's appearance in SM was... well, was really, in my opinion, a wasted oppurtunity. I just want us to find the characters instead of it happening the other way around. It'll be fun to see what happened to older villains like Giovanni and Cyrus, and I wouldn't really mind an appearance from Archie or Maxie either.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I just hope Looker returns since he's probably my favourite character in the series at this point. Wouldn't mind Crasher Wake returning too, even for a cameo, as it's been a while since we last saw him and I think he'd be a good returning character.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I like Looker a lot as well, but I do agree that his ORAS appearance was disappointing. Not that big a fan of him in SM either, for that matter - something just felt off. The food joke was a bit too repetitive, and he didn't quite have the same charm he gave off in Platinum and particularly XY's postgame.

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I want Kahili to return in some capacity, she is way too open ended and mysterious to be simply left alone imo

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I really hope some unpopular characters get to shine. Grimsley and Anabel appeared in Generation VII, and even though they weren't that impactful, at least it's a start.

Whim

king of weirdtropolis
    Years
  • Gen 7 left many weird characters with no development whatsoever like Kahili and Ryuki and some "good enough for Pokémon ones" like Hapu, Gladion and Acerola. Any of them coming back could be a good enough surprise, but I highly doubt it. From the looks from the new gen, it may try to follow the same way Gen 7 went, with many new characters with, at least, a few highlights and fitting some character archetypes that usually the kids fandom usually prefer.

(however I'm still wishing for someone besides Looker coming back this time)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Apart from the usual Looker appearances, I'm highly expecting Lillie to make an appearance by post-game in the latest.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Considering the possibility that Galar is near Kalos, pretty much any character from the Kalos region. Korrina would be a high possibility if the Anime has any influence on the matter since her Gym is big on Mega Evolution. Diantha is another possibility in the hopes of trying to quell a potential threat. Personally though, I wouldn't mind Calem/Serena seeing as its a nearby region for them to explore.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2019
    I want to see Lillie, Serena and misty that would be great I almost forgot about dawn all four of those would be great they are my favorite characters from those regions

Years
  • It would be great if Cynthia returned in Gen 8, since Gen 8 makers will possibly remake their Gen 4 into Switch, hopefully Gen 4 remake for Gen 8 would be awesome!

Years
  • soooooo here's the thing. I want someone returning that hasn't really had much of a spotlight yet. Cynthia is cool and all but she's been around for several generations and I'd preferably want someone lesser known to have the spotlight, y'know? It'd be a nice surprise to see Cheren or Bianca make some sort of cameo, for example, and have them make some sort of remark about how different Galar is from Unova back home, things like that.

Wallace/Steven making a return would also be nice. I don't think we've seen a whole lot of them over the years. Throw in Archie/Maxie for good measure since I don't think they've made any cross-regional appearances, to the best of my recollection.

Would prefer not to see any of the Kalos rivals, though. They don't have any kind of depth to them whatsoever, so seeing them around would just seem a bit odd to me. I think some of the Gym Leaders like Clemont would be nice to see.

002c, I think that'd be about it. Personally, while I have zero issues with old faces returning, I really want my journey to feel new and fresh and I want to get to know new and become more acquainted with new faces than being sold purely on nostalgia alone.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    At this point I think it's kind of a set standard that they have put on us. I'm sure many of us quite enjoy the feature of being able to battle past trainers with the new mechanics that come with the generation. I don't expect any less from these two games either. Although I'd be pretty disappointed if it didn't happen.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I think that there will most likely be old characters appearing. Every new gen game (with the exception of Ruby and Sapphire) has characters returning from previous games.

Back