• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Family or friends.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You're facing one of the hardest questions in the world right now. There is no turning back.

People group family and friends for things that they are thankful for all the time. When mentioning one, usually the other one follows soon after, but right now you're facing a difficult choice. What do you consider to be more important to you? Family or friends? Think long and hard, for taking the middle ground will result in losing both of them in this hypothetical world.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Family. Your family took care of you and raised you from when you were born and will always love you unconditionally and support you. You can lose friends for many reasons, even though they are important to.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    Thinking back, my family hasn't always been the most supportive group of people. I mean it might only be one or two people that are the downers, and I can't blame them, but when I look at my group of friends, those people are my friends because they support me and are there for me. It's still a tremendously difficult decision, but I'd pick friends.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Thinking back, my family hasn't always been the most supportive group of people. I mean it might only be one or two people that are the downers, and I can't blame them, but when I look at my group of friends, those people are my friends because they support me and are there for me. It's still a tremendously difficult decision, but I'd pick friends.

Essentially this.

I love only a small portion of my family. The rest can all suck it, my extended family is incredibly, incredibly selfish and ill-spirited.

My friends on the other hand, are really nice and caring.

You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.

Years
  • As things stand for me right now, I would choose my family. I'm generally closer to them and love them to bits. They'd support me through anything. Don't have as many friends and I'm not as close to them as my immediate family. Kind of weird to say this, though, because I hardly talk to any of my family on a regular basis except my sister.

If I had a good circle of friends, this decision would be a bit harder for me. But I don't. :/

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Family. My immediate family anyways. They are there for me no matter what, they want to see me succeed in life. Friends come and go, and although there will be some that will last, my family has been with me since the beginning and I know they love me without end.
    She summed it up perfectly. So, I echo that

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Family, of course. Friends can always leave you or turn their back on you, but you'll find that the real friends -- the ones that won't hurt you -- are family.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    A tough choice, but I'll go with family. :T
    I'm real close to being totally neutral, though. There are some conversations that you can only have with friends.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Family. Always family.
    I have 1 real friend, but we both know family is the most important thing.

-

Call me Dash.
    Years
  • Hm... Family. Unfortunately my, "Friends," have almost always been just nice acquaintances. Atleast that's what I've been to them. To me they were my friends, but usually they didn't give a f*** about me. The ones that did ended up turning on me anyways, so myself and the internet are my best friends. Atleast my family will listen to me :P

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • This is hard for me because I group biological family and friends together under the "family" umbrella, and I've done that for a long time. I really hate the idea of ranking people in your life according to their level of importance to you, so I make a conscious effort never to do that. The reason for this is I don't like the idea of people getting different levels of access to you and who you are based on how important you are to them, and I'd really be cut up if I found out that someone who is important to me would rank me lower than others in their own list.

So long story short, I really hate this thread lol.

Though I guess, GUN TO MY HEAD, if I had to choose or lose them both I would say family. Though you have no idea how close the race is.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Family, but it was a tough choice. I get along much better with my friends and find them much nicer and easier to talk with, but my family, as volatile as they can be sometimes, has always supported and helped me when I've really needed it. So I guess for that reason I'll put up with their moodiness if push came to shove. Plus there's the fact that I've rarely been in contact with my friends since leaving college.

FiyahKitteh

Bubbly Fiyah kitteh
    Years
  • You said family, not blood-relatives. So I will use the loophole here and say that my closest friends ARE family and then just pick that, because it's true.

If said loophole would not exist though and hypothetically I'd have to pick (which I don't have to, thanks to the loose term "family" ^p^), I am not sure what I'd pick.
    I don't have a family per se. I have my dad with his GF and a half-sister in Italy. Mother's side doesn't communicate with me, so they're basically like dead. And unfortunately, even my dad and me don't get to talk a whole lot, as much as I love him.

I talk to my BF all the time though. My best friends and I talk pretty often too. So IDK what I'd have to pick here, if you would indeed have used the word "blood relatives". I guess friends, unless you'd count my BF and me getting married as family as well, which would probably lead me having to pick "Family".

It's all the same for me, really.
    They're my family. And the others are my blood-relatives.

Back