• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
  • Injuries in sports, eh? I've never been seriously injured, even though I played soccer for four years. Good lord I hated that game...so much ego and fail and so little cooperation and winning. I think the time I spent playing that has irreparably damaged my view of sports in general.

Except for airsoft. That's just awesome.

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • I got laughed at during a spelling bee in sixth grade. ;-; Emotional scars ... You can never get rid of them, tsk.

...Spelling bee is a sport, right? It's on ESPN3432moarnumbers right?

If not, some brat threw a rock at my head during track and it knocked me out. ._. I r pushover for real.

Manaphyman

Sevii Trainer
    Years
  • Have you ever been injured in a sport?
    I was playing tennis with my girlfriend, and since I was horrible and she was on the tennis team, she decided to be funny and slam the ball right at me, hitting me square in the head. Haha...I made her feel soo guilty...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years

I've never broken a bone, or been knocked out (to the best of my knowledge).

There was this one time in Middle school where I got smacked in the face TWICE in the face with a Basket Ball with in 10 minutes. It was at recces, I got smacked in the face, so I steeped to the edge of the court and stood there for a couple of minutes, went back in and sure enough not five minutes later SMACK.

I really haven't played basket ball since.

I also took the blade of a hockey stick to the stomach in 3rd grade. I don't remember much of it other than the fact that it hurt like hell.

I also got in a fight in elementary school over a basketball game, that count's as being injured, right? (Neither one of us where actually injured, stupid teachers.)

I just realized that Basket Ball is more violent than American Football.

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years

I've had every type of sports ball you can imagine hitting my head, sprained my pinky finger in football, re-sprained an already sprained ancle on a skateboard, hit in the gut by a golf club and a baseball bat, and I have rammed into a big cement block on my bike, because I was watching someone else on a skateboard, and I forgot my bike was moving. That last one made me feel dumb. I've also been hooked while fishing, and once went overboard while fishing, hit a pike, and got bit in my arm by said pike. That one hurt.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I haven't been hurt too much over the many years... I've done sport of various kinds... for starters, I actually do karate, and have so for years, and haven't had much in the way of injuries there surprisingly, I guess. Just the tired muscles and what-not, the odd sore leg, etc, etc.

Had a few accidents when learning to ride my bike though... I sure was a terror on the streets then. I also remember a lot of grazed knees at that age too. In bastketball during PE I always seemed to stub my finger on it during mad scrambles to get the ball. Maybe that's why I don't like it. >_<

Play football (soccer) a heck of a lot as well at school... besides maybe the odd collision, nothing much to report from that either. A friend once broke his leg though. >_< Not by a tackle, but by falling over awkwardly in a rocky part when retrieving the ball, from memory.

Worst injury has to be either having a bloody sore hand during a bike ride when young - a tree branch fell in front of me suddenly, and in trying to avoid it fell. >_< So had a sore hand whcih I couldn't move too much for a month. Also once, during a PE hockey match with my class (who unfortunately seemed to mostly contain... well, idiots, really), got a nice wack to the eye by the stick. Wasn't pleasant. Nor was the knowledge that less then a minute before the PE teacher had said not to raise the stick above hip height... ah well.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • This is awesome. Astinus comes back, and SNAP! It's like there bever was a dead phase in the first place. Man, I love you, Astinus. I really do.
    And this is going to be one damn long post because you guys have flooded for two pages again...

Have you been bitten by anything before? If so, what?

My guinea pig once bit me, but it was an accident. You see, she was one feroucious beast when it came to tomatoes. She loved them so insanely much that whenever she got one, she grabbed it with her teeth like some mini-sized cobra and even shook it from side to side like carnivores do when they try to get meat separated from bones. I don't know if that poor creature never knew she was a tiny, cutesy, stupid-looking guine pig... She bit me when I gave her just a small piece of tomato. She jumped for it, and got my finger as well. Man, it hurt! Those creatures are like alligators when it comes to biting. My other guinea pig never bit me, though, so I don't know if they're all like that.

Also, my kitten likes to chew my hand sometimes, but that's not real bitting, is it?

Oh, and when I was small, my little brother bit me real hard. He even ripped a small piece of my skin off. We used to fight a lot... I once hit him in the back with a chair, thus making our mom kind of furious.

Have you ever been injured in a sport?

Have I? When it comes to this, I'm the most unlucky person I know.

If girl scouts doesn't count, I've only ever had one sport as my hobby.
    That was soccer.
    I only played it for half a year. Why, you ask? Well, here's why.

1) When I first started, I only used to fall because of tangled feet or hurt my toes because of a mis-aimed kick, either by me or someone else. So, nothing serious, but still injuries, kind of.

2) Then, after about two and a half months, I got hit on my face by the ball so hard I fell on my back. The field was covered in a 2-inch thick layer of mud, so it wasn't very much fun. My glasses got bent, my face was all muddy and I got a concussion. The doctors were afraid I had gotten my skull injured, but luckily that was not the case.

3) However, it didn't take me even three months to get myself into first aid again. That time, it was my ankle that was injured. My Achilles tendon snapped - but only partially. Someone would say that was lucky, because it didn't have to be operated and I only had a two-month sports ban. I really, really hope my tendon would have snapped completely. Now that it's only partially rippen, it sometimes rips more if I make any sudden moves. It hurts like hell. Seriously. Also, the doctors apparently can't do anything about it, because I've went to all sorts of examinations and such, but with no results. Every time they just say it's only partially rippen and that it shouldn't hurt. Well, it does. So, it looks like I'm permanently injured. Yay!

By the way, I also have PC in one of my open tabs all the time. I use Opera, so I always have about 20-30 tabs open already when I open the browser, most of which I check regularly. Some are just for fun. Like engrish.com and one really funny Finnish page. And several online shops, also. I don't know about other people, but I like online window shopping a lot more than the real thing. You know, it's a lot less tiring to your feet, you can compile a wish list and search for specific stuff. Maybe I'm weird...

All right, I am weird...

Bay

Years
  • Dang, there is always a party whenever I'm away! =O Dang midterms, papers, and homework assignments. Hadn't gotten too much sleep. -_-;

Have you been bitten by anything before? If so, what?
    My two rabbits. I would let them out of their cages a few times and once or twice they bit my toe. XD

Have you ever been injured in a sport?
    When I was on my high school tennis team, in one of the home games I accidently tripped and scraped my knee. O_o In another game when playing doubles, my doubles partner served the ball and then it hit my head. XD;

And Post Office Buddy, can't wait to see that parody! Should be fun. =D

Oh boy, I suddenly kind of got an idea of what I want to write for my musical short...the only problem is if I'll have time for it. >.>

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Hey, out of curiosity, besides FFNet and PC, can anyone recommend good fanfiction archives? I was thinking of pimping out AEM, Midsummer Knights, and my best one-shots for awesome feedback, but I haven't been in too many communities lately.

Note: This is not a question of where you post. It's a question of what places other than PC and FFNet you feel most at home on (and get the best feedback).

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Oh yeah, the parody, I completely frogot to comment on that one.

First, just to get this out of my way:
    Omgomgomg i want u 2 wirte me in parody!!!1111 make me real cute plz

I'm really looking forward to that parody already. I know POB can write parodies, all right, and with a subject like that, it should be pure awesomeness. I just hope you don't make the characters too obvious in any way, but I guess you can handle that, too. I'd have problems with names: I'm often so used to using a specific name I can't come up with an unrecogniseable alternative. You know, I would probably make Astinus either something that sounds like "Pegasus" or then something that starts with an "a". And Xanthine would definitely have to have some odd letter in her name. I'm bone-headed like that, you know. Maybe I'm slightly to the Asperger syndrome side.

I'm sure everyone here would like to see how you make us out to be in your parody, but I think having all of us might be quite a challenge. The point in saying this is here: I'm sure that if you leave someone out, they'll be disapointed, but as writers we can understand. It's hard to have kazillion characters, expecially if it's not the longest fic ever written.
    If you leave me out, though, my army will get you. I am serious. And just so you know, I have hired a patallion of Weedles with baseball bats. You better watch your back, Post Office Buddy... You better watch your back. (How the heck would Weedle use baseball bats? They don't have any hands or legs! Now that I think of it, they don't even have a mouth to keep the bat in. I think I have to seriously rethink my army...)

Of course, I'm joking :laugh: Do as you will, we're all behind you on this! Right?

/Edit: Wh--what? I got double ninja'd! TWO WHOLE MESSAGES appeared while I was writing? How is this possible? This must be the Astinus-power...

Xanthine: I don't know any, because I only fel at home here. I haven't even checked any other part of the universe of Pokémon fandom. I have been searching around for good fics, though, so I've come across quite a few different boards or archives with Pokémon fics, but they're either super dead or just filled with super stupid people. But if you help us with our awesome archive, we'll let you be the first author added... ;) ;) No, seriously, I don't know any good fanfiction archives/beards besides the ones you mentioned, and I've seen quite a many by now. Oh, and there's the livejournal one you showed me that's quite good, but I guess you already know about that one, since you write there :laugh:

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Have you ever been injured in a sport? Have you been bitten by anything before? If so, what?

I love how these have nothing to do with fanfiction.

I've never been bitten before, but I've had my fair share of injuries playing basketball. The injuries usually occur in the leg area, mainly my ankles. I can't tell you how many times I've landed badly from a jumpshot. Surprisingly, when I was into football, I never got hurt.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, out of curiosity, besides FFNet and PC, can anyone recommend good fanfiction archives? I was thinking of pimping out AEM, Midsummer Knights, and my best one-shots for awesome feedback, but I haven't been in too many communities lately.

Note: This is not a question of where you post. It's a question of what places other than PC and FFNet you feel most at home on (and get the best feedback).
    Serebii.

:) *skips away*

Okay, being completely serious here, I'm like An-chan in that this is really my fanfiction home for Pokemon fics, even though LJ is where I mainly post. (Oops?) Ever since finding PC, I've just kind of stopped looking for fics elsewhere, though I do still lurk on SPPf for the occasional fic.

You could ask Bay about PE2K. And I would assume that BMGf is completely out of the question. 8D

Oh, and An-chan, you're starting to scare me. o.O

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Oh. Why? *a truly blood-thirsty look*

I'm so short I can't scare anyone. Moreover, I should never be taken seriously. Except with those firethrower-Sentret. I really do have an army of those. Seriously.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Actually, An-chan, thank you for posting. Damn forums wouldn't let me edit my post. Bastard. >_> So... *hugs An-chan*

I was going to edit my post to add that SPPf does have the rare reviewer that does give the feedback you're looking for, if you ask nicely, or deserve to be knocked down a peg. So no, I wasn't attempting to start wank by making that crack against SPPf.

Really, each Pokemon fanfiction archive has it's perks and non-perks. (Que?) Depending on what type of feedback you really want would help you decide which archive to post at.

But since I've really only posted stories here and at LJ, those are the only sites I've had first-hand experience with.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • 3) However, it didn't take me even three months to get myself into first aid again. That time, it was my ankle that was injured. My Achilles tendon snapped - but only partially. Someone would say that was lucky, because it didn't have to be operated and I only had a two-month sports ban. I really, really hope my tendon would have snapped completely. Now that it's only partially rippen, it sometimes rips more if I make any sudden moves. It hurts like hell. Seriously. Also, the doctors apparently can't do anything about it, because I've went to all sorts of examinations and such, but with no results. Every time they just say it's only partially rippen and that it shouldn't hurt. Well, it does. So, it looks like I'm permanently injured. Yay!
    Oh my. That's bad luck, doing the Achillies tendon... may..uh... invisible pixes make it better. :/

As for places where I get good feedback? I actually will say Serebii is where I've gotton the best feedback.

No, really. If one looks past the short responses/reviews there, I've been lucky to get quite a number of decent ones as well, and generally it's at least slightly better then other places I've tried, IMO. Might not be the case for everyone (and probably isn't), but... there are good reviewers there.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • You know, I would probably make Astinus either something that sounds like "Pegasus" or then something that starts with an "a".

Or you can be incredibly creative and call her "Asstinus." (Asty probably knows where this reference comes from.)

But if you help us with our awesome archive, we'll let you be the first author added... ;) ;)

Tempting. XD

Also, thanks for the suggestion about SPPf to all those who mentioned it. I've gotten many a mixed review about the place, and there's a few people who, frankly, don't particularly like me there. Still, I'm very tempted to go back there, from what I'm hearing from you guys.

Besides, yes, BMGf is out of the question. XD

Bay

Years
  • I would also say Serebii's a good place to get some feeback. I have some good critcism on my fics there. Another place I recommend is The PokeMaster Forums. The forums has a really great fanfic forum there in which the moderators are really nice everyone gives detailed reviews on the stories. As for Pe2k...to tell you the truth, before there were some good fanfics and reviewers there, but now many of those reviewers and writers gone unactive...^^;

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I completely forgot about TPM forums. x.x; I've heard many many many MANY (okay, you get the point) great things about their Pokemon fanfiction forums.

Now, as I said in one of my posts that I rushed like a mo-fo because I was late to work, SPPf does have it's own good reviewers. It also has it's ff.net type reviewers. But SPPf also has a lot more traffic going to it than here, so of course it has a wider range.

I prefer being called "Ass-ti-nuts". >(

Besides, yes, BMGf is out of the question. XD
    Why? It's not hurricane season. You can easily out-walk one while waiting TWENTY-TWO MINUTES FOR A FREAKING LUGIA!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back