• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    The first season is a different case altogether. It's elevated to the highest level purely on the virtue of it being classic. I didn't like the animation style then, though. Too sharp. (have you seen Ash's nose back then?!) And I don't like it now. AG's was a good balance.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    The first season is a different case altogether. It's elevated to the highest level purely on the virtue of it being classic. I didn't like the animation style then, though. Too sharp. (have you seen Ash's nose back then?!) And I don't like it now. AG's was a good balance.
    True, I guess I'm a stickler for the classics as some might say. And yeah, the nose seems different now that I look at it. Meh, it's a personal preference. XD

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    This is fan-fiction, not anime.

I'm not getting a mod, I love this thread. (Also, 1st season is the best, actually.)

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    It's kinda hard to describe anime hair as it goes all over the place. XD
    Some don't even have to follow the laws of Physics.
    And even fewer follow the laws of psychics.

Yes.

There might even be a million descriptions of her hair in the various shipping fics (among other things) XD

Though I'd err to caution as some may be less innocent than others.

Oh, pokémon. So unintentionally suggestive. Although with all of these conspiracy theories, one can't help but wonder...

Why do you write fan-fiction?

I'm going to try to answer this question differently than the way I did the last time it was asked. :P

I write: 1) because I'm a poor college student and it's free, 2) as a way to express my suppressed creativity (engineering may not have been my best career choice, lulz), 3) to interact with like-minded people, 4) to spin a good yarn, 5) to work on my English skills (because school teaches you nothing apparently), 6) because I love pokémon and want to possibly give back in some small way by expanding the universe, and 7) to brainwash you all into becoming my slaves! *laughs at people who tl;dr'd*

What sets you in the mood to write?

Listening to music helps a lot, as does being sleep deprived. I also write a lot better when I'm trying to avoid schoolwork, like now.

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Oh, pokémon. So unintentionally suggestive. Although with all of these conspiracy theories, one can't help but wonder...
    Pokesho doesn't seem to be helping matters either. XD
    Yes, you heard me right, Pokesho.

5) to work on my English skills (because school teaches you nothing apparently)
    Amen to that. XD I can only say that school has only sought to repress my English skills rather than bring them out. It's a government conspiracy! XD

6) because I love pokémon and want to possibly give back in some small way by expanding the universe, and 7) to brainwash you all into becoming my slaves! *laughs at people who tl;dr'd*
    Gah, dang shoulda tl;dr'd. :P

Listening to music helps a lot, as does being sleep deprived. I also write a lot better when I'm trying to avoid schoolwork, like now.
    Jazz ftw!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    This is fan-fiction, not anime.

I'm not getting a mod, I love this thread. (Also, 1st season is the best, actually.)
    Fanfiction Lounge

Really all I have to say.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years

Music. What type of music, it depends. I know this is going to sound really weird, but it changes with my character. O_o More agressive characters (i.e Rex) I have to listen to Rock, if it is calmer character (i.e Romy and Josh) is Jazz or R&B. Energetic characters I use Rap and Pop. X_x I'm a crazy person, I know. I've been told.

Bay

Years
    As for the anime dicussion here, eh we had worse off topic dicussions then this. :P Wanna say real quick though the Orange Islands season and Advanced Battles are my favorite seasons. Haven't watched too many Advanced Generation ones saved for some at YouTube long ago. XD

If you could pick any character from any of your current or soon to be fics as a recurring character in one-shots or the like, who would they be?
    Jenny from NE. I love the personality I gave her (for a Officer Jennny, Ithink I did good XD )so I would love to feature her in other pieces of fiction. Actually, I have a one shot coming up that explains her backstory (and her uncle too), but I haven't gotten the time to write it at this moment. Maybe winter break. :x

Why do you write fanfiction?
    There are three reasons: to brush up on my writing skills, to write something I would enjoy as a reader, and as a hobby.

On to brush up on my writing skills, I come from a family that doesn't have English as their first language, so I'm kind at a disadvantage (and hence why I keep having awkward sentences and tense mistakes ._. ). However, when writing fanfiction, I'm learning to proofread and catch as many mistakes I can. Heck, I'm able to proofread my essays for university because of me proofreading my fanfiction.

My second reasons is what one of my friends mention about how if there's nothing that peaks your interest, write one yourself. Hence, whey I wrote about a fisherman and a mystery with a historic twist. :p

As for third reason, it's a hobby that relaxes me a lot so that I don't have to think too much about real life or internet drama.

I don't think writing is my calling. I just don't have many ideas that can be considered original fiction. ^^; That and I'm not that great in writing.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
    Why do you write fanfiction?

On to brush up on my writing skills, I come from a family that doesn't have English as their first language, so I'm kind at a disadvantage (and hence why I keep having awkward sentences and tense mistakes ._. ). However, when writing fanfiction, I'm learning to proofread and catch as many mistakes I can. Heck, I'm able to proofread my essays for university because of me proofreading my fanfiction.

Me too. :) However I make mistakes in tense and English is my first language so I don't have a very understandable excuse. O_o But it has helped me with my college writing as well.

What language does your family speak if I may ask?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    If you could pick any character from any of your current or soon to be fics as a recurring character in one-shots or the like, who would they be?

[coughs a few words that sound suspiciously like 'Giratina' and 'Zero']

Umm... wow. Past the obvious duo of Giratina and her lackey, that's pretty hard. I would say Mesprit, because she's just so much darn fun to write, but I can't see how I would shoehorn in our little mood swinger anywhere. Magneton Man (actual name not to be mentioned for you poor, lost sould who haven't read past chapter two of Metal Coat) is out of the question for much the same reason - he's very interesting to use, but there's really no way I could include him and not make the story seem kind of pointless in my eyes. A fic all about reflecting on the past just... wouldn't be like him. Therefore, I will give the obvious suggestion and point over there to my incredibly blatant self-insert and her canon immigrant.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Lisa. Stuff like individual missions she embarks on as a secret agent, or stories from college, or that time she walked into the car dealer and they tried to sell her a Ferrari when she wanted an 18-year old Buick station wagon. Just some of Lisa's random adventures, some of which have absolutely nothing to do with Pokemon.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Recurring character question

I actually RP'd once with a character named Kai who was beta'ing a government-issued Porygon. The pokemon talked using wireless speakers in Kai's backpack and could download and use any number of a wide array of gadgets that the kid made, as long as there was a wifi connection. I loved that duo to death: their relationship was so hilarious. Kai was a grumpy, sociophobic geek, while Porygon was painfully outgoing and perpetually happy.

So yeah, I pick them. XD

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    As for the anime dicussion here, eh we had worse off topic dicussions then this. :P
    Refer to the insanity a few months back. XD

My second reasons is what one of my friends mention about how if there's nothing that peaks your interest, write one yourself. Hence, whey I wrote about a fisherman and a mystery with a historic twist. :p
    Which I think is why some people write Fanfiction. To bend canon to your every whim.

On to brush up on my writing skills, I come from a family that doesn't have English as their first language
    Me too. :) However I make mistakes in tense and English is my first language so I don't have a very understandable excuse. O_o But it has helped me with my college writing as well.

O_o Same here. English is not, my first language but I've managed to cope with it.

I guess I should answer my own question.
    For now, I've Rp'd and written a fic with Raphael a.k.a Phaiel.

I'm planning to use him more often in the future for some other writing projects.

Other than that, I have one character that I'm just beginning to develop for oneshots.

Sebastian

I'll use him soon.

Bay

Years
    Which I think is why some people write Fanfiction. To bend canon to your every whim.
    So true. No more Chosen One fics where Mew wants you to save the world from one of the legendary birds and then everyone else is getting you, please. x_x

English is actually my first language too, so you're not alone. :p My family speaks Cambodian and a little bit of French.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Why do you write fan-fiction?

Because I love to write and I love almost every aspect Pokemon. In the future I hope to write original stories, when my time at PC is just a memory. OMG! I'll dedicate my first book to everyone at the FFL. xD Ultimately, I guess fan-fiction is just my way of getting started, before I move onto professional writing. Which is my dream.

The night. I just like sitting in a cool dark room with my laptop and letting everything pour out of my mind, through my fingertips, and onto the page. It's wonderful.

Jak, a character from a new fic I'm working on. I'm thinking of maybe having a side story with him as the main character, to help fill in the missing pieces of the main fic.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    New topic, so we have four now.

Did you steal anything from something OTHER than Pokemon?

In the new re-designed version of Eternal Warrior (starting when Neo's 17, LOL) the main character (Neo again) carries a sword and his hair becomes white due to the ever surrounding darkness that makes sure he gets no sunlight, making his hair pale. FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN reference all the way. And I'll throw some VG Cats references and jokes in there too, with a Sir Hobo!!

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years

I had an idea of a creature between the middle of pokemon and human through the JENOVA from Final Fantasy VI. :D I can't tell you all anymore about that because it might ruin my storyline. ^_^ I find it more of an inspiration thing. X_x

Bay

Years
    The Da Vinci Code. XD In the original version of NE, basically all the events and characters are almost like the ones from the book. The only thing is the characters are trying to find Mew's casket (which I still would like to feature one day). :P The new version of NE though the first part has the gist of the plot the same, but the characters and a couple situations are totally different. Part two then is where everything is different than Da Vinci for the most part. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back