• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I've got no interest in shipping or naming them (unless we're talking about Dragonairshipping) so unfortunately I can't partake in your devious conversation, but I can remind Txt that the Primal Dialga egg is ready to hatch.

Years
  • Quick question... besides the Poetry section, is there a section for writing that isn't Pokemon or fan-fic related? A section for short story writing maybe? And do you ever hold writing contests here? :x

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Quick question... besides the Poetry section, is there a section for writing that isn't Pokemon or fan-fic related? A section for short story writing maybe? And do you ever hold writing contests here? :x

Right now we are working on an awards system for stories that will be awarded at the beginning of the year for fictionals that where written on in the previous year. (wow what a tongue twister)

Short stories go in the main form; Just select the "[Other]" prefix for non-Pokemon related stories when creating the thread.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • *Kicks* *Shakes* *Performs CPR* *Defibrillates* *Flat-line* Flatline... wait! *beep...beep...190BPM*(This is normal for the FFL btw)

Anyway, I don't trust myself to post in the FFOTY thread yet because I'm feeling quite sick actually. I'm not sure what my overheated brain might screw up in a serious discussion thread. Lighthearted threads where I don't actually need to think are fine though. XD... Therefore, expect me to do something about the thread in a few days. JSYK and don't blame me for shirking my responsibilities. :P

It must be from the snow... Rapid temperature change and all that...

Back to business,
    Do you prefer snarky, accurate, borderline-insulting, quality reviews, or do you prefer short(not one-liner or Spam), praising, exxagerative reviews? Assuming you could only choose one of either.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Do you prefer snarky, accurate, borderline-insulting, quality reviews, or do you prefer short(not one-liner or Spam), praising, exxagerative reviews? Assuming you could only choose one of either.

As long as the review is long and substantial, I don't care if they insult me or my works. If you really can find nothing wrong with a work, at least go ahead and say "I can find nothing wrong with this fic" or something so that it doesn't seem like a one-liner!

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Do you prefer snarky, accurate, borderline-insulting, quality reviews, or do you prefer short(not one-liner or Spam), praising, exxagerative reviews?

I'll take whatever I can get. =P

Phantom Kat

A Daydreamer Longing To Write
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    Do you prefer snarky, accurate, borderline-insulting, quality reviews, or do you prefer short(not one-liner or Spam), praising, exxagerative reviews?

Same as Griff; I'll take whatever I can get right now. Just knowing someone out there takes the time to read something I wrote and give a quality review is just awesome, though. I am lot more confident in my writing to take snarky reviews than I was maybe two years ago. As long as I get something from it, I will be thankful I received it.

One liners are just blah. They give you nothing to work on or they don't even say what they liked about your fic.

- Kat

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Guys, I don't think you read the whole question. 'Assuming you could choose one of either' does not leave room for "I want both". They're pretty much asking if you'd rather have lots of honest, but potentially hostile, reviews or lots of short glorifying ones if you could only choose one.

Phantom Kat

A Daydreamer Longing To Write
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    Guys, I don't think you read the whole question. 'Assuming you could choose one of either' does not leave room for "I want both". They're pretty much asking if you'd rather have lots of honest, but potentially hostile, reviews or lots of short glorifying ones if you could only choose one.

I got the question; the "I'll take whatever I can get" was just an out-of-topic tidbit. xD But for reasons explained in the post, yeah, I'll take the hostile, honest review over the one-liner ones anytime.

- Kat

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Do you prefer snarky, accurate, borderline-insulting, quality reviews, or do you prefer short(not one-liner or Spam), praising, exxagerative reviews? Assuming you could only choose one of either.

I like to get what I give, so snarky, accurate and borderline insulting it is. ^_^

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024

irdc

But snarky reviews means that I can (and will if I feel like being an ass [and watch me get reported for ~*~swearing~*~]) give snarky replies back. (Take that capitalization rule and shove it!) Short reviews mean I might actually have to do mod work, or possibly chase down people to go "Hello, what did you like about my fic? Hello? Hello, taste?"

I think my answer is "I'm not going to get either. :("

But really, idc. It's like, quality reviews will tell me what's good and bad about my fic in specifics so I could improve my writing if I so choose. Shorter reviews that just praise and don't mention specifics, and I'm also going to assume are "full of wrong wrong WRONG information" since the quality fics were described as accurate, don't really tell me what worked in my fic so I could use more of it. But they stroke my already large ego, so...

I'd think if I had to choose, I'll take choice C, and flee to never post my fics anywhere.

Give me some examples and I'll decide from there. I'm bitter and cynical (Sorry, Coco) and am probably making this worse than it needs to be.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    *gives Navi to Astinus*

XD

Now that would be funny... hmmm

If you character(s) was in the Winter Olympics, what sport would the participate in and why?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If you character(s) was in the Winter Olympics, what sport would the participate in and why?
    Running a Ponzi scheme to scam all of the participants and spectators out of millions of dollars

Figure skating would be the one sport that's likely to cause the least serious injury which is an important consideration to my character. Not that Lisa would be any good at it, but if she were forced at gunpoint to participate in the Olympics...

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years

• Figure skating would be the one sport that's likely to cause the least serious injury which is an important consideration to my character. Not that Lisa would be any good at it, but if she were forced at gunpoint to participate in the Olympics...
    Least serious injury? Have you never seen Blades of Glory? Do the words 'Iron Lotus' mean anything to you? XDDD

If you character(s) was in the Winter Olympics, what sport would the participate in and why?
    I can see Anti doing . . . well, pretty much anything. She's good like that. And that's because she's a robot, not because she's a Mary Sue.

Which she may well be. I don't know.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • How the hell did I get here?

Well seeing as I am here, I want your opinion!
    I decided to write a (possibly) short story title Harris while The Upside of Love is on hold.

Spoiler:

Am I even allowed to do such a thing?

Honest comments please?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    (If you wanted to, you could have made this a separate post, in this particular forum ;) )

Perhaps a bit short if was supposed to be a one shot (as in one post, or one chapter).

Otherwise, it's a good and consistent recount or retelling of your character.

Small mistakes only, one being:

I turned to my friends Jubes and Sofia and Liz found drugs

You already mentioned Liz was on drugs ;)

However, you can also get away with it (and even informal speech), if your character were writing in a diary.

nokyo-chan

Oatmeal? Are you CRAZY?!
    Years
  • If you character(s) was in the Winter Olympics, what sport would they participate in and why?
    I'm guessing I know the rules to answering questions, please don't hate me!!

Well, Cassandra would probably go for figure skating--pretty, graceful, expressive. Alyssa would go for something fun and challenging, like snowboarding. Belle would probably do something reckless with lots of speed--speed skating, or possibly snowboarding with Alyssa.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • If you character(s) was in the Winter Olympics, what sport would the participate in and why?
    Phaiel: Nothing, since he hates snow and water...
    Kana: Snowboarding most likely. Also, she can't give a damn about figure-skating. :P

We need something new besides bold-topics...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back