• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
  • If you character(s) was in the Winter Olympics, what sport would the participate in and why?
    Phaiel: Nothing, since he hates snow and water...
    Kana: Snowboarding most likely. Also, she can't give a damn about figure-skating. :P

We need something new besides bold-topics...
    New image:
    new-star.gif

Well now that that is done:

How easily are you distracted from your writing?

Very, last night I browsed the internet for 5 hours before I realized I forgot about my writing. >.>

I stopped writing to go look for something up, when suddenly it was 9p.m. TT_TT

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

*points to own fic's last post date* :/

Well if we want to do something new... Hmmm

How about that overly dramatic, disturbing fic idea I suggested a while back?

Where we try to be as obscene as possible (within the rules, however that is possible). XD

Worst case, we can put the adult tags around it and call it art. XD

Or if worst case scenario, just do it away from PC. XD

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    If you character(s) was in the Winter Olympics, what sport would the participate in and why?

Casey would spout up a mess of excuses and try to run away. He's no good about sports, no matter what body he's in... |3

Unless I'm in a really fun or fast-moving scene, rather easily.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Well if we want to do something new... Hmmm

Fic review trading between Lounge regulars?
    *whispers incoherently to self*

Very. Basically the same problem as you Buoysel.

Bay

Years
  • If you character(s) was in the Winter Olympics, what sport would the participate in and why?
    Jenny definitely speed skating as she likes the danger and thrill of it. Jacob maybe cross country skiing because he gets to enjoy the outdoors and maybe would like to get his stamina back. XD Bunny maybe figure skating because of its beauty and grace, but if she's unable to leap then she'll just go cross country skiing with Jacob. :P Damus doesn't like winter because you can't get too much fish during that time, so he'll wait for the Summer Olympics. XD

Yes. I tend to check out all kinds of Bulbapedia articles when I'm supposed to just look at one or two of them for research. xD However, the huge problem for me is setting aside time for it. *shakes fist at school and work*

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • (If you wanted to, you could have made this a separate post, in this particular forum ;) )

Perhaps a bit short if was supposed to be a one shot (as in one post, or one chapter).

Otherwise, it's a good and consistent recount or retelling of your character.

Small mistakes only, one being:

I turned to my friends Jubes and Sofia and Liz found drugs

You already mentioned Liz was on drugs ;)

However, you can also get away with it (and even informal speech), if your character were writing in a diary.

I should of mentioned, that I haven't finished, I still have lots more to write.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    ah, okay then you're on the right track. Just one thing though, don't make him look like a victim 100% of the time, as there would have to be development into his problems somehow or other. That is of course if that is what you are planning to do, in some form or another.

Shiny

Years
  • I was actually trying to make his life seem completely negative, then as the story progresses, he finds the beauty in life.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Haha, sorry yeah (I was being too vague on your potential options).

This very much can work out as to be a good fic, if developed correctly then. :)

Shiny

Years
  • But when I mentioned it to my friends, they already knew the main character was gay, making me feel like I write about LGBT characters abit too much.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • There's nothing wrong with writing about LGBT characters. Like any other kind of character, they can suck if done to death (like a certain Mercedes Lackey book which had about half a dozen gay wizards for a main cast, and I think there was one girl who was into girls, not sure. Got old really fast, though.) They do make interesting characters when done right, however.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    A writer sometimes puts their own traits on to a character, and because said traits are realistic, they can be written well. Plus it is also a way to express yourself.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • A writer sometimes puts their own traits on to a character, and because said traits are realistic, they can be written well. Plus it is also a way to express yourself.
    Haha, yes, I do that fairly often. Gotta be careful not to end up with a Sue, though. That's the main problem with that technique.

SHAMELESS PLUG: Andre's Agency! A scriptfic (shock horror!) with men in dark rooms, creepy twins, Frank Sinatra ringtones and a British plonker with a hairdryer.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • That technique also has the nasty habit of making said writer's ego inflate in some cases. XD

Other than that, if you delve into literature and study every single aspect you'll find that it's as complicated as Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, applied to Schrodinger's cat and Quantum physics...

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Well if we want to do something new... Hmmm

How about that overly dramatic, disturbing fic idea I suggested a while back?

Where we try to be as obscene as possible (within the rules, however that is possible). XD

Worst case, we can put the adult tags around it and call it art. XD

Or if worst case scenario, just do it away from PC. XD

I think that started when I asked where other people posted their "not safe for PC" work. I wasn't really intending to have people start writing obscene stuff just for the sake of it. XD

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • It depends on what kind of obscene we're talking about here. XD
    If it's violence type obscene, I think the Sandbox BBS caters to that. :P

If it's Lemon-scented, I'm not interested. XD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Haha, no yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of violence... XD

Of course for the sake of it would be fun, but I assume we'd still want plot etc. ;)

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Of course, of course. ;D

I can write gore, but I sometimes have trouble fitting it with a plot.

On another, non-related note, how do you guys pronounce Mizan? I'm curious because many people mispronounce my name IRL because I pronounce it Malay-style.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • I can write gore. Rather well. And I can fit it with a plot if I actually feel like it, although for the most extreme gore the plot generally has to go. Just look at Haunting! *Is shot for repeatedly bringing that story up all the time.*

I pronounce it my-zaan. I could see it also being pronounced me-zen though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back