• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    I think I'll drop the remaining badges at a cut off point and rewrite the important events that happened in between. It'll be tough.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Just to assert the fact that I'm not dead in the fanfiction department, I've submitted a one-shot called Goldfish Funerals.

Oddly enough, I'm also done with the redux of the current chapters of Midsummer Knights: DREAM, and I hope to post them as soon as I get off my rear and write chapter seven. Curiosity speaking, but if chapters are completely rewritten (as in, seriously, a ton of stuff in some of the chapters are completely changed to the point where the tone and theme of the story aren't the same as the original -- characters are dropped or added, storyline is changed in a chapter, that sort of thing), for this board, how would you recommend handling it? Would it be best to keep the originals in attachments, ditch them entirely, keep them and put the revised version in new posts, or make a separate thread? I know that some boards have different policies or preferences as to how a writer posts a revised version, and some people simply don't care either way. Still, never hurts to ask, particularly since as far as I'm interpreting, the forum rules don't explicitly address this. Might've overlooked something, though.

Bay

Years
    Oddly enough, I'm also done with the redux of the current chapters of Midsummer Knights: DREAM, and I hope to post them as soon as I get off my rear and write chapter seven. Curiosity speaking, but if chapters are completely rewritten (as in, seriously, a ton of stuff in some of the chapters are completely changed to the point where the tone and theme of the story aren't the same as the original -- characters are dropped or added, storyline is changed in a chapter, that sort of thing), for this board, how would you recommend handling it? Would it be best to keep the originals in attachments, ditch them entirely, keep them and put the revised version in new posts, or make a separate thread? I know that some boards have different policies or preferences as to how a writer posts a revised version, and some people simply don't care either way. Still, never hurts to ask, particularly since as far as I'm interpreting, the forum rules don't explicitly address this. Might've overlooked something, though.

I would say do a separate thread. That way, that fic is starting fresh and also that means you are going to commit to the revised version. Many writers at Serebii post a new thread for their rewrites. XD

FireTrainer92, I will get to your fic, but I am busy at the moment. Sorry in advance if I didn't get to your fic sooner. ^^;;

Enperuto

Lurking Connoisseur
    Years
    @FireTrainer92: Glad you like the banner (could you spell my username right though, please?), and I'll probably try to read your fic today, though I'm guessing it'll be over at PE2K, though it might be here...

@Yamato-san: The rewrite sounds good. I myself still believe in the journey fic, but I think that a good non-journey fic is always a good thing. And, I like that it will actually utilize mass transportation.

@Jax Malcolm: I would post it in a new thread, personally, but maybe attach it if people are interested in the changes? I'm not sure what the mods would say, but that's how I would do it.

But here's a plan for my series of novels that I'm currently rewriting (again), Now and Forever. Click on the spoilers to read below:

Spoiler:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Really, any personality you can give a Pinsir would work, but I believe they're typically depicted as the "tough guys," what with their character design looking like a menacing bug and its penchant for gripping things in its horns until the thing it's squeezing breaks.

It would be kinda cool if you fought this stereotype, however, by creating a gentle Pinsir, but it's up to you.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Well, I already have a tough guy...I like the idea of a gentle Pinsir, but I already have gentle pokemon in an attempt to fight a steriotype, while he still keeps some of his original steriotypical traits.

This could be a tough decision.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Well...you could always compromise and make a gentle Pinsir who's trying to be a tough guy but failing at it (Or the other way around: a big bully type who secretly doesn't want to be a tough guy at all but is afraid that the others will pick on him if he doesn't act that way). xD Silly ideas aside, try thinking about it from a plot perspective: what kind of personality best serves the plot needs you added that Pinsir for in the first place and how could it contribute to the development of your characters (or, conversely; how could the other characters contribute to developing your Pinsir's personality)? Anything that makes for good interaction will most likely be loved. :3

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Upon the advice of multiple members (and I thank you all), I've just posted the first installments of A Midsummer Knight's Dream (alias Midsummer Knights: DREAM, v 2.0). There's a few things about it that make me wince, particularly the fact that, now that I think about it, chapter one isn't all that different. On the other hand, other than suggestions Negrek made to the older version, there wasn't too much to do with it.

Now to continue work on the seventh chapter... which I really hope isn't all that fillery. x_x

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    Hmm... Since everybody's offering up advice for everyone else, can somebody clear something up for me? It's just, I'm finally done with a rough draft of Biohazard and now working on a typed version, but a couple details are kind of bugging me...both major and minor ones.

First off (major thing), as some people know, the Mystery Dungeon fic is about this amnesiac buizel and how some of his memories he gets as the story progresses link him to a biological monster that was created some 500 years before when humans still existed in the world of Pokemon. The thing I've been pondering is, should I have this creature from 500 years ago be the cause of the human race's extinction in this fic, or should I kind of make it have been a more isolated incident that took place eons ago on the island the monster was discovered? Either way I could probably get it to work without totally destroying the foundation of the fanfic.

Secondly (minor thing), I was thinking about how in one episode of the anime (I think one during the hoenn saga, maybe a Slateport episode?) Ash and friends learned about how one type of berry naturally increases the sheen in a Pokemon's pelt, but I can't remember what the berry was. I think the Bluk berry? Anyways, I kind of want to know if anyone else remembers this because one of the fakemon I'm using is supposed to be this arrogant mammal that prides itself on a beautiful coat and I've got a part in the fic where she's supposed to be eating these berries for the reason of making herself prettier (but she really can't stand their taste) as well as drinking a special juice to make her voice sound more heavenly. This is all really because she wants to be like her mom (who's deceased in the fic), which was a siren-like (like the creatures from the Oddessy) creature.

And, that's about it... Hope my explainations were clear enough...

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    On the major thing: Okay, whatever you do don't announce which you decide on in then end here because that would be a spoiler of epic proportions. >.< Personally, I don't have any preferences on the matter. Pinning it on the big bad would of course reduce the number of different things that you need to provide information about (for better or for worse), but this really depends on how your fic is structured. As long as it doesn't overcomplicate or have that 'glued on' feel to it (You know, the feel that you just lobbed it into the big conclusion without utilizing it in any way for the better part of the plot) the by all means: make humanity perish in what ever manner you see fit. As long as it makes sense and I'm not spoilered on it I for one won't mind. :3 But again, I'd like to stress: please for the love of all that is grammatically correct, don't let any word on your final decision out before it has been revealed in the fanfic.

Also, as an idea (and again, I don't want to know whether you decide to use it or not) you could dangle one scenario in front of your readers' noses by having your characters draw a faulty conclusion on the matter, only to later find that it was all evidence of the second scenario, which did play out. x3

On the minor thing: That's really up to you, since - at least in D/P - 'sheen' is obtained whenever a pokémon eats a pokéblock. However, in this case I suppose we're running beauty-enhancing berries, and as far as I know the top of the heap in that category is Pamtre. But as I said: I don't think anyone is going to be that picky, and if you're feeling unsure about the real ones you can always invent a berry of your own.

Aaaanyway, I sort of also have a question to ask. Specifically, it's about the pokémon Nincada. It goes like this: do Nincadas sing? =O No, seriously; this has actual relevance for my fic. According to the pokédex, Nincadas live underground, which would point away from singing, but on the other hand, wouldn't it be plausible that they burrowed their way up to the ground to evolve (and possibly mate) and that they in this instance might sing? You see, Nincada is based on the real-life cicada, which is actually quite notorious for its song, and I'd really like to use it for this one scene I'm writing into my fic. I've considered Kricketune as a replacement, but it doesn't have the collocations I'd like to use and doesn't have that same flair to it. T_T

So yeah, would anyone's pokémon sensibilities be deeply violated by singing Nincadas? xD

Last edited:

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    I've already decided on the major thing, but you've given me a good idea for a plot twist later in the fic. As for the berry, I didn't even think about pamtre. Only real thing that this stuff has any significance for its that the creature's doing a type of evo prep early in the fic (Really, it's an MD modification of another process that would require her to be groomed a lot by a trainer, which would result in her evolution).

As for your problem, I don't have a problem with singing nincada. You said it yourself, they're based on real cicadas, which are known for their high pitched shrieks. So singing for Nincada could be like a possible variation of that.

ze_gobou

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
    Years
    Hello, I was wondering if there were some good song-fics around here (preferably Pokémon-related, thanks), because I'm planning to write some and I never did, so I need examples, and I'd like some tips too. Thank you in advance.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Please, anybody and EVERYBODY, check out my fic: Poke Special Manga: Diamond and Pearl. I want to hear your thoughts about the first Volume: Chapters 1 through 9 are completed. Volume 2 will be coming soon!

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Coming 2008...

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2

The Tale of Team Triostar!

This story will chronicle the adventures of three young Pokemon known as:
    Terrence/Turtwig
    *Chip/Chimchar
    *Pippi/Piplup

*This indicates that these are the nicknames Terrence calls them.

Together, these three young heroes join the Wigglytuff Guild, become a first-class exploration team, and struggle to protect the Mystery Dungeon Realm from ruin by keeping the mysterious Cogs of Time from the enemy Pokemon organization, the Temporal Thieves, led by the evil Weavile!

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Hello, I was wondering if there were some good song-fics around here (preferably Pokémon-related, thanks), because I'm planning to write some and I never did, so I need examples, and I'd like some tips too. Thank you in advance.

There's one in chapter 9 of my fic. Its my second try at one though (first open to the public)

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022

You won't find many songfics around here. I've seen a few on serebii.net, and a lot of fanfiction.net, though.

As for you people begging for people to read your story, there's better ways to do it. Get a creative banner or put something in your sig that will draw people in and it won't make you look desperate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back