• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fav and least fav Alolan forms.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Seeing how we probably have the entire list of Alolan forms revealed, what's your favourite and least favourite of them all? For me, I actually like almost all the Alolan forms, except...

Least fav: Marowak and Persian, but if I had too choose one I like less than the other, I'd say Persian, but both of them look terrible. Alolan Marowak looks so bad I want to punch it. Dull colour scheme, and what is up with those flames? I think it's trying too hard to be awesome. Regular Marowak looks a thousand times more appealing and I like it a gazillion times more. The new Persian looks rediculous in my opinion. The new Meowth wasn't that great (to me) either, but now THIS!? I love the concept of Alolan forms and I like literally every other Alolan form. But these 2 are the only exceptions, and the only ones who I'm considering making part of my top 10 least favourite mons in general.

Fav: Like I said, I like every other Alolan form. If I had to choose a favourite, I'd say Ninetales. Unlike the above two, it doesn't try too hard to be badass, and in return we get something that still looks cool, still has some relation to the original, and looks like something you'd expect from an Ice mon. I like pretty much everyone else, and that even includes Exeggutor's. Fight me.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Mostly the earlier ones are my favourites, Exeggutor, Ninetales and Meowth come to mind.

I don't really like a lot of the more recent ones including Persian, Dugtrio and the remaining datamine ones.

Overall I don't really feel like the idea turned out that well. Not only are most of the designs iffy but it also only included 18 Kanto mons, so the execution was pretty boring as well.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • My favourites would have to be Alolan Raichu, Ninetales and Sandslash. My least favourite were Dugtrio and Persian, but they've both been growing on me too, I like how Persian looks like a fat cat, the only reason I didn't like it before was the ripped model from the datamine looked awkward and I'm so used to the badass design of normal Persian, and I didn't understand the Dugtrio line, but I learned it might be based of Pele's hair, which is quite interesting and I wonder if it'll turn into Fire/Ground typing.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    My favourite are either Exeggutor or Raticate. Exeggutor was appealing to me from the start, but it wasn't until I read Alolan Raticate's description that I fell in love with it. They're literally the rats from Ratatouille!

Least favourite is hard. I like all of them! I even love Alolan Persian, because it's much more consistent with Meowth's design than the original was. I'd say Alolan Raichu is my least favourite. I don't like the rounder, cuter design compared to the original, and an additional Psychic typing is boring.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • Ninetales definitely takes the cake! Its redesign is simplistic and adaptation story makes sense! And the typing makes it even more lovable. It doesn't make sense TO ME why regular Ninetales was not given secondary Fairy or Ghost type, because its dex entry makes it seem like either of the two!
    Least favorite would be Geodude line. Damn they grew some hair.

Years
  • Least fave is easily Alolan Persian. It doesn't have anything going for it other than the ugly enlargened face. Fur Coat is a good ability (and was once Furfrou exclusive) but that doesn't save the ugly design.

My fave is probably a cross between the icy Vulpix and Sandshrew lines. However I think I give Alolan Ninetales the nod ahead of Alolan Sandslash due to the latter's two 4x weaknesses to common types. I also love Ninetales gaining Fairy-type as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016
    My favourites are ninetales and raichu by far:3. The fox is just majestic and beautifull. Raichu is a bit special, I don't really like the normal alola one, but I adore the shiny version. It looks like it's made of chocolate and caramel. There's also this nice detail that it has blue eyes, just like the surfing pikachu in the anime.

My least favourites are the rattata, geodude and diglett lines:/ they simply don't appeal to me at all. At first I wasn't a huge fan of persian either, but it looks better in motion. And once I started thinking about it being a pedigree cat...many of those aren't pretty either:D.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My favourite Alola forms are those of Raichu, Sandslash, Ninetales, Exeggutor, and Marowak. Alola Raichu is simply adorable, Alola Exeggutor is pretty funky, and the others look really cool to me.

Least favourite Alola form would be Persian. For some reason, Alola Persian looks less vicious than regular Persian.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • My favourites would have to be Alolan Raichu, Ninetales and Sandslash. My least favourite were Dugtrio and Persian, but they've both been growing on me too, I like how Persian looks like a fat cat, the only reason I didn't like it before was the ripped model from the datamine looked awkward and I'm so used to the badass design of normal Persian, and I didn't understand the Dugtrio line, but I learned it might be based of Pele's hair, which is quite interesting and I wonder if it'll turn into Fire/Ground typing.

Pelé? The former Brazilian footballer? I don't know of any other Pele.

As for my favourite Alolan form, probably Sandslash or Ninetales. Maybe Muk. I like how colourful it is.

Least favourite, any of Raticate, Persian and Dugtrio.

Those choices are basically the same as everyone else that's replied to this thread, but that's probably because there are so few Alolan forms to choose from and the Sandshrew and Vulpix lines are the only cool ones. I hope there are more Alolan forms that we don't know about yet.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Favourite is Alolan Marowak. The design is top notch and I just love the combination of Fire/Ghost!

Least favourite is Alolan Dugtrio. It is truly atrocious.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Alolan Raichu and Exeggutor are my favourites. Although the backstory for why Raichu developed an Alola form is really weak, I love its design and think it's a nice homage to Surfing Pikachu. As for Exeggutor, at first I was like wtf but its quirkiness has really grown on me.

My least favourite is Alolan Persian, just really not a fan of that design :s

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Favorite: Exeggutor who can't love a palm tree pokemon,
    less favorite: Dugtrio all they changed was add some Donald trump hair.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Most favourite is Meowth and Muk. Persian too probably, since its actually kind of cute despite its massive head.

Least Favourite is Dugtrio and Raticate. Raticate to me personally is much uglier than Persian and Dugtrio is just...no.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    1. Ninetales/Vulpix - Gorgeous and simple. Perfect retyping! 10/10
    2. Raichu - Cute and nostalgic surfing design. 9.75/10
    3. Marowak - Clever and badass redesign, references ghostiness from lavander town. 9.5/10
    4. Sandshrew/Sandslash - Like the igloo/icicle retyping. 8.75/10
    5. Exeggutor - I like this goofily exaggerated yet accurate design. 8.5/10
    6. Grimer Muk - It's colorful at least? The rainbow oilslick is kinda cool. 8/10
    7. Ratata/Raticate - It's a glutton, it's actually pretty nice design, a bit blah. 7.5/10
    8. Dugtrio - It's definitely goofy. I like the idea of sirens on the rocks as a trio, just the execution is weird. 7/10
    9. Persian/Meowth - Meowth is blah, but not terrible. Persian is just terrible. I don't need to be told the face is fat from inbreeding, it still hardly justifies the failure to make this supposedly "fancy" cat, more ugly than anything. Where's the luxury???? I mean, the original persian design has a red gym crested on its forehead. At least embelish it to have a tiara and chocker....something!!! Maybe a little more plush and fluffy than round? I don't really know...2/10.

PingPongCirculate

Mix these mixed nuts!
    Years
  • Im pretty fond of most of the alolan forms, but I just gotta talk about Persian. Good lord what did Alola do to you. Ive read somewhere that this form of Persian is considered very beautiful in the region, but Im over here thinking, "Uh huh. Coulda fooled me." I keep looking at it, and I wonder how in the world its neck isnt snapping. I don't think Giovanni would want that persian around.

Exeggutor looks more ridiculous every time I look at it. I mean, I get the reasoning behind the transformation, though I still think the dragon typing is random. I probably won't be playing around with it.

As for my favorites, Vulpix/Ninetales, Raichu and Dugtrio which grew on me.

I love Vulpix/Ninetales typing. And the design? Gorgeous. It is definitely going to have a place in my team. No doubt about it. I also have a shiny Vulpix hanging around that Ive been saving, so I can't wait to bring her over to Moon.

First seeing Alolan Dugtrio, I was immediately reminded of that boy band group from the 90s, Hansen. I might call it that. I thought it was silly at first, but it grew on me. Plus, I always thought diglitt and Dugtrio were adorable. I hope I'll be able to brush its hair. xD

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Alola Raichu is by far my favourite, since I was a kid I've always loved Pichu, but I was never too fond of Pikachu and Raichu, but I absolutely LOVE Alolan Raichu and I'm really excited to finally have a reason to evolve my Pichu for the first time in like 15 years! It's just so adorable!

My Least favourite is probably the Geodude line because they are just ugly, most disappointing is definitely Persinan's though, I never liked the Geodude line to begin with so I don't really care, but I was actually looking forwards to Alolan Persian, I wasn't expecting it to get a kinda disturbing inflated head...

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Really diggin' Vulpix & Ninetails, though Sandshrew & Sandslash are a close second.

Alolan Persian should be illegal.

Back