• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Favorite 1st Gen Pokemon?

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
My first favorite was Rhydo, but it's many years since my favorite is Marowak. Marowak is my favorite-ever Pokemon. Rhydon is still very special for me. Jolteon too.

Years
It really depends on what day you ask me, today I'm going to name Dragonite.

#1 Dragons have always been a subject of interest to me in art, literature and mythology, partially because I was born under the sign of the dragon in the Chinese new year. Dragon type pokemon are no exception. Its a type I associate with dramatic art designs, rounded stats and unique and powerful moves, and in Gen 1 Dragonite and his pre-evolutions were the only ones of their kind.

#2 His design is magic. While he is a traditional medieval dragon and immediately looks formidable, he also has a benevolent aura which I think makes him feel very different from other pokemon with dragon-like characteristics such as Charizard and Gyrados. Dragonite's wide eyes, over-sized tummy and several other features add a human charm to an awe-inspiring creature.

#3 His stats are beautiful across the board, that and his ravenous appetite for Tms made him able to fill just about any role you needed. Hyper beam all the rest.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Most of my favorite Gen I Pokémon are the birds: Pidgeot, Farfetch'd, Fearow, those guys. When it comes to battle, Pidgeot is my favorite Gen I mon, because 1. it's Bird Jesus and 2. it has an awesome Mega Evolution. Design-wise, however, it's a close one, but I'm going with Farfetch'd. It just...looks so amusing. It's a duck with a spring onion. I love it. There are lots of others I find almost as appealing as Farfetch'd, but Farfetch'd takes the cake. I just wish it was more useful.

blue

gucci
Years
Gengar is my favourite from first gen. I didn't really appreciate Gengar until much later but I just love how it looks and the moves it can learn. There aren't many Pokemon I like from the first generation but Gengar easily stands out as the best imo.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I go through spells of having 'favourites'. Arcticuno, Zapdos, Charizard, Nidoking, Venomoth, Electrode have all been my favourite at some time or other, and I guess a case could be made for them still being so.

At the minute, i've got a lot of love for Tauros. It wasn't until recently when I was battling a friend and managed to wipe out most of his team with Tauros that I realised just what a beast this thing was. So power, much attack, wow.

Years
arcanine.png

Arcanine is hands down my favourite Pokémon from the first generation. What's not to like!

Years
Probably Charmander and its evolutions. Charizard might as well be Pokémon's mascot in my eyes.

I also really like Pikachu and Raichu, of course (; And Bulbasaur, Rapidash, Starmie, Flareon, Pidgeot, Dragonair............. Many.

FedericoAzor

Spaniard PokéFan
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
Obviously, the best of all! As in the cinema, second parts were never as good as first ones. You can see it in every single aspect of the videogame and TV series, for instance in Pokémons' names, with plenty of play on words and intrigue everywhere.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
They were all amazing creations as a kid in the 90's I really thought Charizard was cool but mine was always Zapdos :)

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
Years
I never really understood the Charizard hype, but maybe that came from watching the original anime before playing the games. Bulbasaur is my favorite starter. I don't know whether to give the title to him or Vaporeon.

Back