• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite City

Sean

Years
  • Fortree

Badass design and badass gym leader of the area. Can't wait for the redesign in the remakes.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Snowpoint City. The music's just...beautiful. It fits the city really well. Not to mention that not only was it among the first snow cities in Pokemon (not sure about spin-offs), it even looks like a snowflake if you look closely. I also like snow, so of course a snow city would be lovely to me.

Years
  • It's a three-way tie between Ecruteak City, Nimbasa City, and Snowbelle City:

Ecruteak is the first city I really liked in the main Pokemon games; after all, it's home to my favorite Gym Leader (Morty <3), the legendary cats/beasts, Ho-oh and the Tin/Bell Tower, which was fun climbing through! I also really love the Dance Theater's music, and I like the Kimono Girls, especially considering that they each use one of the pre-Gen. IV/VI Eeveelutions. I was really glad when HGSS made Ecruteak's music unique from Cianwood's, and that it turned out very beautiful.

Nimbasa I love for its festive music and things to do. Love going to the stadiums and on the Ferris wheel, and Elesa's gym in BW is one of my all-time fave gyms due to the roller coasters and Trainer classes found there. (Rich Boys/Ladies + Amulet Coin = lots of money, whoooo!)

Snowbelle I mostly love for its architecture, geographic location, and music; the third is my fave of all the cities'. I also love the types of clothing sold there, though it isn't my fave place to get clothing. I really wish they added more to it so I could've stayed longer, though I do often go there when Wonder Trading, Super Training, or playing with my Pokemon on Amie!

Years
  • My favorite is Lumiose City. Living in NYC, I felt like I was back in the city. Many shops and places, getting lost, taxis, etc. It made me feel like home! :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd definitely have to go with Fortree. I love how people live in tree-houses here, and its atmosphere is very nice and smoothing overall. If I were ever offered a chance to live in some place like this in real life, I'd definitely consider accepting it; it'd be pretty sweet, if you ask me! Well, I probably won't be living forever, because that would eventually turn it boring; maybe I could make it one of my primary vacation spots. One of my other favorites would be Castelia, as it's a big, big city, and has many places to visit, ranging from shopping malls, gym, restaurants, and so much more. As for third favorite, that has to be Goldenrod, most likely.

Years
  • My all-time favorite Pokemon city is kind of an odd choice, as it's not from the main series: Gateon Port. It's just extremely relaxing and I never feel that I've explored all of it.

Other faves: The Under, Goldenrod, Lumiose, Fuchsia, Four Island, Saffron, Veilstone, Eterna, Slateport, Olivine (the music is EXTREMELY nostalgic for me), and Azalea.

I guess Hoenn's cities don't stand out much to me; it's the routes and mountains that I think really shine.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • My favourite city is Lentimas. I like the rugged terrain, it is remote, it has presumably warm weather, and if it does not, there's a lava cave nearby (or water cavern :P).

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    My favorite city changes a lot, but for now I'm going to have to say Cianwood. I'm a fan of the more urban cities such as Goldenrod, Castelia and Saffron, but Cianwood has a certain charm to it. It's relaxing and the music of HG/SS just makes it better! I just really love Cianwood, it's the kind of place you'd want to spend a vacation. :)

Marsyas

Master of Shuppets
    Years
  • I think I'd have to go with Aspertia. I really like Celadon and Ecruteak but Aspertia's lookout and the close-knit, community feel they gave it really stood out to me. I also like that it's somewhat populated unlike in most of the starter towns that only has another house or two beside your own.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Definitely Lumiose.
    Beautiful design in that 3D, the city is just plain awesome, and plus, that ghost kid? Totally worth it! You get your Kanto starter there, you meet Diantha and Lysandre there for the first time, Clemont is a cool gym leader and the based part:
    It's based on MOTHER. ♥♥♥♥ING. PARIS.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • I have to say Snowpoint City because it's just...relaxing. The sound of crunching snow under your feet, the pretty snow, the music, and of course the glittery snow that falls on that certain day...

Years
  • Fortree might take my top spot once I see it in 3D in OR/AS. We'll see.

But right now I love Dendemille. It's so diverse and the music is absolutely beautiful. I couldn't think of a better place to settle down in.

Years
  • Aside from what's already been mentioned, Driftveil City. The music is pretty boss, it had a nice market and the buildings had cool structures to them, especially in BW2 when they were all made out of emeralds. It also has my favorite Unova Gym Leader, Clay, whose Gym i've always enjoyed (how about that music in BW2?). Not to mention it houses the PWT, and Clay Tunnel (which I actually like). So yeah, that's one area i've always enjoyed.

Years
  • My favourite has always been Cherrygrove City. My first game was Silver, so when I first stepped into this city I really felt like my adventure was starting. The name's just really pretty and seeing it with all the pink roofs in SoulSilver was amazing and brought everything back :)

I also like Floaroma Town (soo pretty and access to the Meadow behind!), Solaceon Town and Canalave City (for the library and the canal) in Sinnoh :)

Years
  • Fortree City. The concept is wonderful, and the execution graphics-wise in RSE was perfect, and ORAS, even more so. Living in a treehouse out in the middle of the jungle in Hoenn, probably with an Absol as my companion since they can be caught right outside, would be an ideal living condition as a Pokemon trainer. Plus, Winona is one of my favorite gym leaders of all-time, so being in the same city as her would be awesome B) Second place is Snowbelle - I've always loved the winter-themed towns of Pokemon, but this one really struck home, with the beautiful architecture and peaceful feel.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • It's Aspertia City for me. Aspertia City looks beautiful for a city. Mountain and the lookout are one of the most standing out, this is a balance of developments and nature. Also because it's the first starting city in any main Pokémon game, ever.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ohhh this is a good question!

I don't know if I'll be able to pin point a favorite, but up there on the list is Vermillion City. I've always loved the idea of these oceanic port cities, and Vermillion was the first to host it. The music in this city was so iconic and I just remember the atmosphere being so happy. The name is just beautiful too.

Another favorite is Floaroma Town, just because it's so calming and gorgeous. I always felt like I could legitimately smell the flowers in the air while I was there. Definitely a place I'd want to visit in real life, should a town like that ever exist. <3

Back