• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Early Route Flying Types?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • I don't really use the regional birds, tbh...well, I guess, except Pidove, Starly, and Pidgey, I used once? Also, I feel like Wingull should count on this list, since it's a very early route flying type in the first region you find it in.

So, I'm including Wingull.

But, if I had to rank them?

1. Fletchling. Fletchling was a very good idea, if you ask me. An early route bird that becomes a Fire type when it evolves? I really liked that. I would probably use it if the game it came from wasn't one my least favorite Main series game... unless I did use one, and just simply forgot.

2. Wingull. I think Wingull is pretty good because not only can it learn Fly, it can also learn Surf. So, you can use it as both a flying and surfing Pokemon, if you need to, especially once it evolves into a Pelliper. I've used a Pelliper before, pretty fun Pokemon.

3. Starly. It's a pretty cool and strong Pokemon once it fully evolves, and can I be honest? Ash's Staraptor was pretty cool. While I like it, I don't think adult me would really use it...

4. Taillow. Taillow is good, I think I used one when I first started playing Pokemon, but I don't think I really have since? I guess it just doesn't appeal to me as much these days anymore, but I do think it's a pretty cool mon.

5. Pidgey. Pidgey is decent? I've used one before, I'm sure everyone has. Its final evolution, Pidgeot is majestic, though, I feel like this line is just really generic these days, so I don't think I'd care enough to use this line again.

6. Rookidee. Rookidee is really cool, and I like Corviknight, but I've never used one before, so I just don't know where to place it? I don't know, if I ever use a Rookidee, I'll probably have more of an opinion on it. I will say though, it's the best looking regional bird, and I love how it's pure Flying type until it's fully evolved, instead of a Normal/Flying type. I love that.

7. Hoothoot. Hoothoot is decent, but I feel like what holds it back is that it isn't part Psychic type, like it should be. Since it isn't, I'm just overall disappointed by this Pokemon. It's cool that it's nocturnal, though.

8. Pidove. Unfeazent having gender differences was cool and all, but...there really isn't anything else for me to say about Pidove. I used one in my first Unova playthrough, and that was it.

9. Pikipek. ...I never used one, so I don't really have much of an opinion on it. I honestly don't know why I didn't use Pikipek, I guess it just didn't interest me. It still really doesn't? Ah well.

Back