• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Game?

What's your favorite gen 3 game?

• Fire Red

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Leaf Green

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Ruby

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Sapphire

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    What's your favorite Gen 3 Game? (including FR and LG)

Mine is Emerald because it was the first Pokemon game I owned, and the battle frontier. What's yours?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    I got a stolen Ruby (first) with a stolen GBA SP (first handheld)
    It was my life
    The battery died at a solid 516 hrs so I gave up on it. Emerald was a bit longer, so I vote that. Honestly, Hoenn could have been built better (and better looking)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's gotta be Pokémon Emerald for me; it had a lot of features that the others didn't have, such as animated sprites, Battle Frontier, etc. It's also the only game I had ever tried completing my Pokédex in, haha. Was pretty close, but couldn't get it finished successfully, though, unfortunately. I was lacking Feebas and Bagon, and regardless of how much effort I put in, I just couldn't get a hold of them. :( Besides Emerald, I also really like FireRed/LeafGreen.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Bagon isn't that hard to find, but it took my brother a few days to get Feebas...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    for me will always be FR as its the remake of the classics.

Emerald was good don't get me wrong, great in some parts. Just every time I played it i always dreaded the forever surfing after Lilycove city, constantly battling tentacools and swimmers. So for the fact ther is a part in a game I dread, and its at the end, it loses out to something that is always fun :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Emerald, because the region was more beautiful and appealing to the eyes, the storyline was better imo and the exotic Pokemon was nice ♥

Not saying Kanto is bad, but I prefer the 3rd Gen games overall :P

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    FireRed and LeafGreen are probably my favorite Pokemon games. Mostly FireRed though, since that one has exclusives that I like more. Like Electabuzz!

I like the Hoenn games, but no other Pokemon game is as fun for me to play every time as FireRed/LeafGreen are. I like the graphics, the storyline, the mechanics, and the pure joy that comes from playing the game.

Years
    Sapphire and Emerald. n~n; Sapphire for nostalgia reasons and since I loved the thunderstorm scene, gave me goosebumps. Emerald because it added new features and was bunches of fun to play/move Pokemon over from LeafGreen. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    My favorite game was Pokemon Leaf Green its were I found my shiny Aritcuno by soft-reseting for it. On top of it all it just brought back so many memories.

Kotetsu

バンパイア
    Years
    Ruby was the first Gen III game I owned, but I enjoyed Emerald the most. Just liked the new features and that you could get both Groudon and Kyogre. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    I prefer Emerald because of all of the content that was added. Although, I didn't play Emerald until years after playing Sapphire.

Years
    Emerald not only added on to the storyline of Ruby/Sapphire, but made one of my favorite additions to the series in the Battle Frontier. That in itself wasted more of my time than I'd like to admit, but that's why I loved it so much- no other post-game to that point gave us very much to do without it getting old quickly.

I loved both Sapphire and FireRed too, but Emerald is easily my favorite game of the 3rd generation, and possibly my favorite of the series to date.

Back