• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Favorite location?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Of all towns, cities, caves, tunnels, and routes in Pokémon X and Y, which is your most favorite and why? What part of this place makes you like it so much? If you were to change anything of this particular location, what would it be?

Years
    It's a tie between Snowbelle City and Laverre City. Both have really beautiful music (I can't help but listen to Snowbelle's every time it comes up on my iPod, and I love doing Super Training/Amie there since I can hear the music when I'm not playing games), are home to my favorite clothing stores, and are aesthetically beautiful. I especially love how good a job GF did making Laverre fairytale-esque; I definitely wouldn't change anything about it! As for Snowbelle, I sort of wish there were something else there that would let me stay longer, but I really can't think of anything in particular that I'd add to it XD

Years
    There's so many viable choices! Right now, I love Ambrette Town's simple feel, view over the ocean, mountainous surroundings, and beautifully designed architecture all around! The inside of the museum is really gorgeous as well, which tops it all off. Second would be Snowbelle City, because of the bridges and slopes that make the town interesting. Not to mention I'm almost always a fan of the snow-capped towns in Pokemon games, just a homey feel to all of them n__n;

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd say its Lumiose City for me. I like how it feels like an actual big city with places to go and things to do, unlike Castelia and Jublife, which were meant to be these big grandiose cities that really failed at that.

Though I have spent more time in Camphrier Town and Kiloude City because of breeding and battling....

Years
    Route 20 (the Winding Woods) for me, it's so peaceful and bright in there and I like that it leads to the Pokémon Village, another area I really like. The fact that it reminds me a little of the Lost Woods from Legend of Zelda doesn't hurt either lol :)

Years
    My fave location is probably Lumiose City, I love how it feels a lot like Paris in real life especially the Prism Tower. And I love all the cafes and other shops dotted around, making it fun to revisit.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    No part of Kalos really stood out to me. There didn't seem like a lot of effort to make any beautiful scenery this time around.

That being said, Anistar City really stood out for me because of the amazing Sundial they have there, along with the Old Man because of how such a small thing in the game was quite emotional.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Oh gods, I really love Shalour City and Coumarine City!

First of all, it's mainly because of their respective music. Shalor City gave off this chinese-japanese lore off their music, as they focused on their mega-evolution ideology! It's also pretty well shaped, in my opinion, because it had it's 'core' as a city with buildings and all, but there's also a cool beach nearby, that's nearby the tower, which was pretty interesting! I dunno, all in all, everything about Shalor City fit very well for me, and it was pretty exciting to explore. <33

Ah, and Coumarine City's music was calm and fit towards their port theme! Like how the citiy was near the ocean, and how they had different boats and all! Plus I do like how it had two 'levels' of the city - I don't think we really had that before, and it was quite interesting to see. :3

Years
    I really like Route 8/ Muraille Coast because of the view from above of the beach just looks so cool! My second favorite place to be would be Laverre City because it is home to the first ever Fairy type gym ( if I remember correctly), and because of the music.

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
    Years
    I love Route 1! I wish there was a bench or something so I can sit there and wonder trade to my heart's content.

But why is it so shorttt

Years
    I wouldn't say I have a favourite, but I do like how Lumiose is broken down into three different parts. It truly is the biggest city we've seen in a pokemon game to date.

Snowbelle is breathtaking. <3 Though I'd have to say Dendemille town is my personal favorite and where I'd live if I were to settle down in Kalos - it gives you the best of both worlds. Snowy area up north and a lovely, autumn-like area to its west. Plus the town description is "A town where fluff dances on the wind".. perfect for me. lol /flaunts sheep wool

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I didn't like any of the locations. They were all just unpleasant. Gen 5 had better places to hang out.

Back