• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite nature

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
What is your favorite nature in pokemon?
Which is the nature you want your pokemon to have in games and why?
It is determined by your own nature, by the nature you like the most or by the advantages and disadvantages it provides to your pokemon?
Do the likes and dislikes on flavor matter to you?

Mine is sassy , because it gives a boost in special defense in which I want my pokemon to be strong, while I don't care much about speed where it gives a weakness. Although, I 'm not looking for the right nature in pokemon. I 'm going with whatever it is. Also I am kinda sassy myself. I don't care about the flavors.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
It depends with the pokemon for me. Since I'm a competitive battler, I want the corresponding nature that's going to squeeze the most power out of a pokemon. However, I find that I'm using the same four natures a lot of the time.
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)
Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)

I got lucky once and got an adamant Gyarados from the guy on the bridge in Pokemon Black.

Years
I'm a competitive battler so it really depends.
It's how I make my team.

Adamant
Modest
Timid
Jolly
Naive

Those five are the natures I use the most.

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Honestly, I've always liked the bulkier natures for my pokemon, so Bold and Calm really appeal to me. So long as they're on pokemon that can make good use of them, of course, like Jellicent and Vaporeon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My favorite would have to be Adamant, which takes away a bit of your Special Attack stat to give boost to your Attack. Along with that, I also like Modest. To be honest, though, I don't dislike any natures. They're all pretty equal to me. xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For mixed attackers, I like Hasty/Naive so that I can attack from both sides of the offensive spectrum safely.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I tend to gravitate towards Modest, which is a good competitive nature. To be honest, I've really only ever bred for Adamant and Modest, so I kinda have a preference for those, even if it's not the most ideal nature competitively for a Pokemon.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Modest and Adamant are great competitively when focusing on one moveset based on Attack or Sp. Attack.

But, I really like Sassy, just for the name. XD

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
For Pokémon in game I prefer Timid. I'm excessively fond of Special Attackers. I also value Speed highly. I always want to outspeed my opponents. So Timid makes the most sense. I have some Jolly in rare cases and more rare Adamant. So far the only Adamant Pokémon I've ever bred are Ralts (Gallade) and Meowth (Persian). Gallade and Persian both use Physical attacks and have much higher Speed than their Attack. Usually this isn't an issue but both of their primary attacks have really low BP.

Gallade I use to catch other Pokémon so it's only attack is False Swipe. Persian I use to farm money and it's main attack is Pay Day although it is boosted by Technician and STAB.

Outside of gameplay I like Naughty the best. I figure those Pokémon would be my real friends. Imagine going around doing mischief with your Pokémon. Who's going to stop you? You have your Pokémon to defend and fly away if necessary. Naughty > Others.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Like Howmander, I love special attackers. Most of the time, my teams will consist of Pokemon of types that used to make up the special category (Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, etc). So Timid and Modest are my favorites, though I'm biased towards Timid because -points to nature in post bit- OOOOH THAT'S ME!

I also like Adamant for when I do have physical attackers, and I like Calm because that makes me feel...calm. Docile and Quirky are cool too. Even though they're neutral, I just like the word "docile" and I love quirky things in general, so I love me some Quirky Pokemon.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
From a competitive battling perspective, I really like Adamant and Modest natures, as they allow me to get the most power out of the Pokemon I'm using, which I sometimes prefer to speed.

Non competitively, the nature I like is Timid, as that's kind of how I am. I also like Calm and Relaxed natures, as they have a laid-back feeling.

Years
I used to really like Jolly for some reason. I'd always try to get Jolly Pokemon. I knew vaguely that they had something to do with stats, but even now I couldn't tell you which stat Jolly favors and which it hinders.

Years
I go for the stats they give and hinder but generally the nature I seem to wind up most often with is jolly, modest, adamant, or timid. So those are my most-used!

I used to love the quiet and brave natures as a kid because they sounded cool. Nowadays I think timid is best because it fits me most. ;P

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I like natures which raise speed, in general. I'm okay with pretty much any nature for story mode purposes, except I feel a bit crestfallen when I see a Lax (+Def, -SpDef) or Gentle (+SpDef, -Def) pokemon. I even prefer neutral natures than these.

Years
The best nature for a particular Pokemon depends on the kind of Pokemon and it's moveset. Adamant/Jolly is best for physical attackers, Modest/Timid for special attackers and so on. I do not bother about natures in the game. I caught an Adamant Starmie (as a Staryu) in Ruby and I used it in my team to beat the Elite 4. I hated fishing in Ruby so I never bothered to catch another one.

Back