• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Wildcard Poll

Which Pokémon should be included in the finale?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • mscjx1y.png

Welcome to the second annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in the Pokémon Polls board, where our goal is to determine the favorite Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity! This will be a tournament that lasts several months, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types together to determine a winner. After we know the winner of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and be known as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon!

If you haven't had the opportunity, please read the Rules/FAQ to find out more about the tournament:

Spoiler:

NOTE: This is the wildcard event, where all Pokémon included finished either 2nd or 3rd in their respective type polls. The Pokémon that have the two highest vote counts will be included in the finale next week.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls will remain open until November 16th, so get voting!

Favorite Pokémon Tournament finalists:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Huh, a lot of these were ones I voted for in the previous polls, iirc. So Blaziken, Frosslass, Staraptor, Giratina, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Greninja, and Tyrantrum got my votes for this wildcard poll. Kinda wonder how this one'll turn out....

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • My favorite of the entire group is Blaziken because nostalgia and it's part of my favorite starter family, but Aggron and Hydreigon also got a vote because they're powerful and have amazing designs. Steel and Dragon are also two of my favorite types, so that had an influence :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    well, let's go with bulbasaur,pidgey,jolteon and sneasel

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I enjoy many of the pokémon in this poll, but I limited myself to two votes because, hey, it's the wildcard poll, which means this is the last chance for these guys.

I gave my votes to the Cyndaquil and Snivy families, because I absolutely adore those guys. Torchic is one of my all time favorites as well, but Combusken and Blaziken are not. Greninja's pretty cool too, but I preferred the other two families over his.

Years
  • Yay this is up! :) Can't believe we're at this stage already haha it feels like yesterday that the Fire and Steel polls were up lol :)

Anyways, I voted for Typhlosion and Houndoom :)

Years
  • Man, I feel like all of my favs are on this list
    Gotta vote for Espeon though, and I also voted for the Bulbasur line.

Years
  • I voted for this bunch:

Espeon, Glaceon, Jolteon, Sylveon, Deino line, Sandile line, Froakie line, Starly line, Snorunt line and Snivy line. I probably already explained reasons in the type-based polls.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'll have to go with Volcarona on this one. This Pokémon's the first ever bug-fire-type, which I believe to be a pretty interesting combination, and its general design seems to complement it quite well. If it were up to be to create something of this particular typing, I couldn't have done it any better. Initially, I thought Volcarona to be a legendary of sorts due to its appearance and whatnot, and was surprised to see myself corrected, haha.

When it comes to battling, it's simply fantastic. It's got Flame Body ability, which protects it from physical hitters; when struck by any physical-based attack, Flame Body has some chance of burning your opponent, halving their overall power. Its stats is nice all-together, and the Pokémon has access to a variety of moves we could find to be helpful, such as Quiver Dance.

Aside from that, I also like Blaziken, Pidgeot, and Hydregion; they're equally as good.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Hydreigon and Houndoom since they are both on my top 10 favourites; love both of their designs and how they are both based off mythology.

pkmin3033

Only voting for Giratina, because...it's the only one I'd want to see in the finals? Well, of all those listed it's easily my favourite, so. xD

Years
  • Of the ones present, I voted Espeon, Houndoom, Aggron, Hydreigon, Volcarona and Sylveon.

Espeon - I've always liked the Eeveelutions, and this one isn't much different. I don't have much to say about it, other than it being strong despite not having many attacks to use it with.

Houndoom - My third favorite Pokémon ever, I don't think I need to explain it.

Aggron - Still arguably my favorite Hoenn Pokémon, a gigantic metal dinosaur is cool enough but combine it with the fact that it can learn so many different attacks makes it very interesting, despite its glaring weaknesses I still love it.

Hydreigon - One of my favorite designs ever, despite its 4x weakness to Fairy it's still pretty boss, especially before then. Battling Ghetsis' in BW, one of the hardest opponents in the series, also has quite a bit of a take on my liking for this thing.

Volcarona - Pretty cool, a sun based moth with Quiver Dance has a lot of oomph to it and is super fun to use.

Sylveon - This thing doesn't just come off as cute, it comes off as a nightmare in its own right. Also, dat cry. <3

There were more I could vote for but these are the few I wanted to go with.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • Jolteon, Espeon, Sneasel/Weavile, Aggron, Giratina, and Sylveon.

Aggron and Sylveon will forever be my precious bbies.

Years
  • I'm going with Tyrantrum. We could use more rompin', stompin', Big Jaw chompin' Pokemon. But we really only need the one, the only, the King.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Had to go with Pidgeot and Snorunt/Froslass. Snorunt's one of the cutest Pokemon in my opinion and I used to use Froslass all the time when it came to my playthroughs on Diamond/Platinum. And then there's Bird Jesus, which is just a given.

Nakala Pri

Pidgeotto, Weavile, Houndour, Zweilous, Tyrunt and Sylveon! :D This is basically a list of my favourite Pokemon and all of them are so fantastically awesome that I just keep using them, again and again.

Everyone else is pretty cool but whatev's, y'know?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Quilava, Blaziken, Glaceon, Giratina, Serperior, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Greninja and Sylveon gets my vote.

Because I want to see them in the finals. Especially Serperior, but who am I kidding? That line won't make it...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • My vote went to Typhlosion because it's one of my top favorite Pokemon. I love the design and the fire on its back.

How could you not love this?
    157.gif

Back