• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Poke Ball?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Do you have a favorite Poke Ball? If so, what is it, and how did it come to be your favorite? Are there any Pokemon you try to catch in particular types of Poke Balls?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I prefer just to use a standard Pokeball, mainly because I just like everything to be uniform when I'm looking at my team on the game. It irks me if I have 5 Pokeballs and 1 Great Ball or something.

So, I try to catch everything in a Pokeball, including legendaries. Sometimes it can take a while!

Do you have a preference?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I tend to use poke balls rather than great/ultra balls at first, though I'm not super picky about those. I like premier balls, but not enough to use them for most Pokemon (though I always buy poke balls in batches of ten, to maximize my premier ball reward rate). My most commonly used balls are dusk balls (because I play at night) and quick balls, though they aren't my favorites.

I pay a lot more attention to what balls I use if and when I'm catching parents for breeding. For easy-to-get balls, I really like dive balls, and tend to catch a lot of water types and blue Pokemon in them. I also really like moon balls.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I prefer just to use a standard Pokeball, mainly because I just like everything to be uniform when I'm looking at my team on the game. It irks me if I have 5 Pokeballs and 1 Great Ball or something.

So, I try to catch everything in a Pokeball, including legendaries. Sometimes it can take a while!

Exactly the same! Although I do like some Poké Balls like the Luxury Ball, Love Ball, Premier Ball, etc. because they're cute, I like the uniformity when I'm playing through the game. I have been considering trying my hand at shiny hunting though, and I'd like to catch Pokémon in Poké Balls that match their color scheme.

Years
  • I'm definitely in agreement about being a fan of the classic Pokeball, but I don't have the luck or the patience to attempt that with legendaries so they are often in a Dusk or Ultra Ball.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I prefer just to use a standard Pokeball, mainly because I just like everything to be uniform when I'm looking at my team on the game. It irks me if I have 5 Pokeballs and 1 Great Ball or something.

I used to be the same until balls could be passed down through breeding.. Love balls are too damn adorable xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I used to be the same until balls could be passed down through breeding.. Love balls are too damn adorable xD

Yeah, the breeding thing really got to me as well. I hardly thought about balls at all before, or just went for Poke Balls for everything so my freshly bred Pokemon would match everything else, but now, I tend to want to match color schemes more. I wish the apricorn balls were easier to access (it's annoying to transfer Pokemon with terrible IVs through multiple generations, and in general, they can't even have HAs, so it feels limited).

There's also the marketability element. If I'm hatching something, and I'm planning on trading away the breedjects, or I want to breed something that others might actually want to trade for, I have to think about whether my Poke Ball preferences align with other people's. It's easy to stick a Poke Ball back onto something that has been bred, but once a specialty Pokeball disappears while breeding, it's gone forever.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • For me, it's Dusk Ball. I often play in the evening, after work. So a Ball that is more effective during nighttime works out well for me.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Luxury Ball!

Favorite Poke Ball?

They've always looked pretty fancy...and honestly? That's the only reason I prefer them over the others. :x How superficial of me.

Thanks god I am not the only one!!! :D <3

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Always been a huge fan of the Premier Ball, and more recently the Cherish Ball. I used to think the Premier Ball was even better than an Ultra Ball and I would always save them for legendaries... too bad that never worked.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Growing up I didn't have much of a preference though I really liked the Ultra Balls. Presently though I really like just keeping my team in the standard Pokemon if I can. It is just such a nice classic look and the uniformity is really nice.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • In the early generation I more prefer to use normal PokeBalls so all of them look perfect in my team
    When I starting to play the 3rd generation, I started to like to use premier ball rather than the normal one
    I liked it because it's purely white and looks cute ●ω●

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017

Yes! However I only really use the normal Pokeball if I know I want to use the Pokemon in-game, since they are going to be a part of my team and all. If it's just some Pokemon I caught for the Pokedex, then I can go wild with what Pokeball I want to use. This includes legendaries, since I don't use them often.

Appearance-wise, I like the moon ball and the luxury ball the most. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The regular, old Poké Ball is my favorite; it's got a simple design, and does its work perfectly fine, even if it may not have that much of a catch rate. My second favorite is Dusk Ball.

Sirfetch’d

I love Heal Balls the most! They are super cute and really cheap :) It's a shame that their catch rate isn't great but I make due.

Back