• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite pokedex entries

Years
    Often we talk about favorite pokemon or regions, how bout a favorite pokedex entry? It can be from any generation or pokemon. Heres just one i like for galarian wheezing " Long ago, during a time when droves of factories fouled the air with pollution, Weezing changed into this form for some reason" dude basically said "when in rome"

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now

Moved this over to Gaming Central. Generally refers to Pokedex entries from the mainline games.

(Acknowledges unique entries in other mediums, such as the anime. Would not mind people posting those, for the record.)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    No worries. Doubts anyone will bring up an anime entry. Illustrates why Gaming Central is better.

Returns to the topic at-hand as a normal user. Tends not to read Pokedex entries. Reads a few on the initial playthrough. Ignores them in-game after that. Draws from a small pool, as a result.

Decided to look through some Mega evolution entries. Likes Mega Slowbro's Ultra Moon Pokedex entry: "Having been swallowed whole by Shellder, Slowbro now has an iron defense. It's pretty comfortable in there, too." Yes, just casually chilling with teeth around your head.

Points to Klefki's Shield Pokedex entry as well: "Klefki sucks in metal ions with the horn topping its head. It seems this Pokémon loves keys so much that its head needed to look like one, too." Explains Klefki's appearance very well. Appreciates it more with this information. Considers that a feat for a simple Pokedex entry.

When three Magnemite link together, their brains also become one. They do not become three times more intelligent.

Magneton is a poor thing.

Torchic is mentioned a little less, but:

Torchic has a place inside its body where it keeps its flame. Give it a hug—it will be glowing with warmth. This Pokémon is covered all over by a fluffy coat of down.

This is too cute and I love it!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I always liked the more creepy Pokedex entries since they stood out the most for me. Some of these include:

Shedinja: It is a discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit.
    Phantump: After a lost child perished in the forest. their spirit possessed a tree stump, causing the spirit's rebirth as this Pokemon.
    Houndoom: The flames it breathes when angry contain toxins. If they cause a burn, it will hurt forever.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    From what I recall, Drifblim:

It grabs people and Pokémon and carries them off somewhere. Where do they go? Nobody knows.

It carries people and Pokémon when it flies. But since it only drifts, it can end up anywhere.

Ghost-types in general usually have some funny (and creepy) entries.

Years
    It's referenced in most of their dex entries, but these specific ones are from BDSP:

Bagon: 'Dreaming of one day flying, it practices by leaping off cliffs every day.'
    Salamence: 'As a result of its long-held dream of flying, its cellular structure changed, and wings grew out.'

Just... freaking love this. 😭
    The cute little dragon literally wished itself a pair of wings into existence!

I like Swablu's entries that mention it liking to act like an hat, this one is from X:
    Swablu - 'For some reason, it likes to land on people's heads softly and act like it's a hat.'

There's probably more, but they're not coming to mind atm.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Bidoof, Platinum:

"A comparison revealed that Bidoof's front teeth grow at the same rate as Rattata's​

I guess Youngster Joey is a Pokémon researcher now!

Bagon is great - and tragic, given how few wild Salamence there area.

Urshifu Rapid-Strike (Gigantamax), Sword, Shield:

"As it waits for the right moment to unleash its Gigantamax power, this Pokémon maintains a perfect one-legged stance. It won't even twitch. "
    "All it takes is a glare from this Pokémon to take the lives of those with evil in their hearts—or so they say. "​

Normally Ghost-types get the creepy entries but that's like a Weeping Angel!

We all know about Charmander's flame being its life force thanks to the anime, but how many know Spoink has it possibly worse?

Spoink, FireRed & LeafGreen:

"It apparently dies if it stops bouncing about. It carries a pearl from Clamperl on its head. "​

So...first of all it has to keep moving or perish, which is why I'm sure its very glad the Pokémon world is depopulated compared to ours. It has also somehow obtained a pearl from a deep sea Pokémon...how? Do Grumpig use psychic powers to control other Water-types to steal them when a new Spoink is born? Does it somehow combine a corksrew motion and the life-saving bounce to swim down there itself?

Years
    I think some other entries say spoinks constantly jump to keep their heart rate up, and if it falls to low it dies. I could be entirely wrong though.

High percentage of rattata vs high percentage of bidoof; who will win!?

It's referenced in most of their dex entries, but these specific ones are from BDSP:

Bagon: 'Dreaming of one day flying, it practices by leaping off cliffs every day.'
    Salamence: 'As a result of its long-held dream of flying, its cellular structure changed, and wings grew out.'

Just... freaking love this. 😭
    The cute little dragon literally wished itself a pair of wings into existence!

I like Swablu's entries that mention it liking to act like an hat, this one is from X:
    Swablu - 'For some reason, it likes to land on people's heads softly and act like it's a hat.'

There's probably more, but they're not coming to mind atm.

Ahhh yes I love the Bagon line because of this. <3

Also, gotta love Gossifleur:

It whirls around in the wind while singing a joyous song. This delightful display has charmed many into raising this Pokémon.

Just another reason for me to love this cute thing so much.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Pokémon Moon's PokéDex entry for Seaking provides us with this gem:

Pokémon Moon's PokéDex Entry said:
    Trainers who are crazy for Seaking are divided into horn enthusiasts and fin enthusiasts. The two groups do not get along well.

I can imagine PokéManiacs on PokéReddit and/or the PokéTube comment section having serious debates in the Pokémon world about Seaking's fins or horns being better than the other, and not many other people caring.

Back