• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Typing

blue

gucci
Years
  • Dark, Poison and Flying.

At a push I'd say Psychic but those are the three types that happen to be that of my favourite Pokemon. Recently I've appreciated Dark-type Pokemon a lot more though.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • I never play with Dark-types nor Dragon-types for some reason..

My fav. types are Steel, Ghost, Poison, Fairy, Water and Ice, I'd say

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • While I will outright say my favorite types are Water, Grass, Electric, and Ice for competitive reasons, my favorite dual typings often go far outside this range. I'm incredibly partial to Ghost/Fire, Electric/Bug, Electric/Water, and the like

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • The element of electricity has appealed to me since I was a kid for reasons difficult to pinpoint other than simply listing its properties, which isn't really a reason.

Also, Electric Pokémon have a very high ratio of cute species, and I adore that. What's more, those cute species pack a punch for their size explicitly BECAUSE they are electric.

Tewi

Хорошо
    Years
  • Fighting is my favorite for sure, but for a second best i can't decide between Fire and Electric, but i think i would say Fire.
    That's why Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon. Fire and Fighting in combination is the best.

Years
  • Water is my all-time fave type (and of course my PokeMascot is of that type) but I also love Fairy, Normal, Ghost, Flying, Grass, Ice and Psychic due to most of their designs. Dark is also awesome, as is Fire.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Poison! There are some very cool and quirky Poison-type Pokémon and I love the idea of slowly whittling down your opponent whilst building yourself up. Poison has some very interesting moves to make use of and some of the most unique strategies in the game for how to play, so I think it's easily my favourite type. Honourable mention goes to Electric for being both cool and cute at the same time in such a strong way.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm not sure what my favorite type combo would be, but I've always enjoyed Fire types (except for in the games, where Fighting types rule!).

However, lately I think I might lean more towards calling Bug my favorite pokémon type c: They just have so much variation and interesting designs and co-typings. Still waiting for my Bug/Ice type tho! And Bug/Dragon. Mega Flygon perhaps?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Grass types are my favorite followed by steel and fairy types. I'm also growing a love for poison

Years
  • I must say water types. Idk I just happen to like those designs a lot. Almost every generation my favorite starter is the water type starter. Also my all time favorite Pokemon is Poliwrath (Because of my Pokemon Yellow Poliwrath >:3).

Sirfetch’d

I'm not sure what my favorite type combo would be, but I've always enjoyed Fire types (except for in the games, where Fighting types rule!).

However, lately I think I might lean more towards calling Bug my favorite pokémon type c: They just have so much variation and interesting designs and co-typings. Still waiting for my Bug/Ice type tho! And Bug/Dragon. Mega Flygon perhaps?

Mega Yanmega for Bug/Dragon!

As for my favorite Pokemon type, it's a tie between Steel and Fairy. I love both types so much and find the Pokemon that are given those typings to be super cool and useful. Both typings are absolutely fantastic competitively.

Lunarly

(●´ω`●)
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    I've always had a thing for Water and Psychic types. Probably because most of my favorite mons fall in those type charts (Starmie, Gardevoir, Empoleon, Milotic). But Alola Ninetales typing of Ice/Fairy is also reaaaally had to pass up.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Steel/Fairy. The resistances are for real, man. Plus, it removes one weakness from Fairy completely (unless Salandit comes in).

Or pure Fairy. That could work. It's got some weaknesses rarely anyone uses, and is resistant to Bug, Dark, and Fighting- three great types to use.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Fire and Psychic are my favorite types. Most of my favorite Pokemon have one of those two types (both in Delphox's case).

Back