• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon

bunny24680

Keep Catching, Keep Battling - It's a Pokemon Life
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2021
    I like all pokemon but I love only Charizard!

Years
  • If I had to pick a single favorite, I'd choose banette. I don't know why, I've just been drawn to it since it first came out. It has a sad backstory. It was just thrown out after giving all its love, and now it seeks the person who threw it away. I guess I can relate, since I hold onto grudges as well. It's also really cute though! and it's a doll! and I do really like ghost types.

Years
  • Wigglytuff, of course. Ever since I first played PMD2 years ago, Wigglytuff has been my favorite. It also has a pretty good variety of moves that it can learn, so that's nice.

Years
    • Age 31
    • OH
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    This is a tough one..how does one person pick only one pokemon. I have to go with Absol. Absol has the highest Attack of any non-legendary Pokémon which is not a part of an evolutionary family.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Favourite pokemon is always tough because it's the sort of thing that can change day to day. And not to mention the series has been around so long now and a lot of pokemon have changed in the way we think about them too. Vaporeon used to be seen as a strong water type for instance, but now might be seen as an annoying stall pokemon. How the pokemon look in game has changed a lot as well from being black and green sprites on a gameboy to the brilliant 3D models we have now. Funnily enough there are actually a couple of pokemon I think looked better back in the old Red and Blue sprites, Dragonite being the best example. He looked like a fierce dragon back then, whereas he looks a bit nonthreatening now.

After all that I do have a couple of answers for the question. The first is Eevee which is a bit of a cop out answer as I love most of the Eeveelutions and Eevee can evolve into any of them (and is incredibly cute in it's own right). But my real answer is Murkrow, and that's based purely on design. Dark types were a big thing for gen 2, and to me Murkrow is pretty much the quintessential dark type. It's dex description is the Darkness pokemon after all. It's just looks so sneaky and sinister too. I imagine Murkrow in the classic conscience dilemma with angel on one should and the devil on the other with Murkrow as the devil, as the bad conscience, the corrupting force. From a design standpoint, it just works, with the nods to things like The Raven while also retain it's own unique qualities.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Well if my name doesn't point the answer to you, my favorite Pokemon is Blaziken. Not only is he one of the strongest fire Pokemon, has really good stats, and is Badass looking, he always had a place in my heart. My first Pokemon game was Ruby, and when I was going to pick my starter, I accidentally picked Torchic instead of Mudkip, which I really wanted -_-. I was going to restart the game, until I gave Torchic a chance. Throughout the game he has been kicking ass, and I was happy I had him. When he finally evolved into Blaziken, he literally destroyed anyone he fought, and the ones that looked at him funny. Ever since Ruby, Blaziken is considered my favorite Pokemon of all time. Can't wait to bring him back on Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire :D.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I am a huge fan of Wailord (pun intended).

However, I never truly used one that much. On the flip side, Gyarados winds up on my team no matter what game I'm playing, from Blue to White. So I think Gyarados is my favorite based on how much I love to use it.

Years
  • I can't pick. :( Whimsicott is my top favorite probably, it's too perfect. But other cute Pokemon like Emolga, Raichu, Chikorita, and Chespin are really high up there too.. how is it possible to choose a single favorite out of 718?!

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • My favourite pokemon is drapion. I like the dark/poison typing and has found its way into my team since bw2. Recent games have shown it to be a common pokemon in the wild, so that's always a good thing.

Years
  • I've already discussed this before, but my #1 favorite Pokémon is none other than Lapras. The enigmatic Water/Ice-type transport, amazingly designed and has a lot to utilize.

Other than that, Houndoom and Scolipede are my other two favorites. As far as the other regions go, I have Aggron, Staraptor and Heliolisk up there.

Years
  • Ninetales is my absolute favorite, and it will never change. This is the Pokemon I want to have in every single Pokemon game.

madforpokemon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Favorite Pokemon

Crazy for Pokemons? Check out this awesome Pokemon Game on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rushilsablania.guessthepokemonster

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    My all-time favorite would have to be none other than Mantine. He's taken my spot ever since his introductory generation. I was so glad I picked Gold over Silver. His overall design is brilliant and I like his lore, stats, and moves.

It's weird to have him as a favorite because of how hateful the community is toward him. I'm not ashamed to say I've been using him competitively since 4th gen, with very successful results. I love the new AV set gen 6 gave him. Maybe I'm just good with him due to using him since his introductory gen. Under my command, a Mantine is not unlike Giantdad. Everyone won't shut up about how much he sucks and how I shouldn't use him, but if I'm winning, then why stop? This Pokemon is bro material and you bet your ass I'll rep him til the end, even if I'm the only one.

Back