• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Shiny method?

Favorite Shiny Method

• Masuda Method

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Pokeradar chain

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Chain Fishing

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Horde's

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Luck

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Shinies found through random luck have the biggest "wow" factor for me because I don't expect it. I do like getting competitively viable shinies through RNG abuse, international breeding, and chaining as I can customize their nature and whatnot. However, it's a slightly different feeling, as I'm doing a menial, repetitive task and sooner or later a shiny will appear... Not the same level of awe.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like it when I encounter shinies on pure luck. It just excites me, haha. My second favorite would be chain-fishing. I've tried it before, and was pretty successful. With this method, I was able to encounter shiny Tentacool and Goldeen. Couldn't catch the former though, as I accidentally made it faint. PokéRader chaining is my least favorite, because, for me, it's just way too complicated. I've done it plenty of times before in Platinum, but couldn't run into any shinies at all.

Years
    Yeah, as most of these people have said, I like it most when I run into a shiny in the wild randomly. Those are the ones that really hit you the best.

That's not to say I won't try chain fishing or MM, though (although i've had no luck with either of those at all yet).

Years
    I used to hunt them, and my favorite method was random encountering. It felt a lot more satisfying to find it via luck and patience than to lower the odds so much that a shiny became trivial. Now I just hope I encounter one, and maybe run around in the grass a little more than I need to just in case :D Soft resetting was my second favorite, especially for a shiny johto starter!

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    I have experience chaining for shinies (12 total), and I must say that the feeling of encountering shinies this way doesn't compare to the 2 times I've encountered them by chance. I like that we're allowed to work hard to obtain shinies we want, but when you know that you're guaranteed a specific shiny if you're patient enough, it doesn't end up being all that surprising.

When I have encountered shinies by pure luck... my blood rushes! :D And when I manage to capture it, I end up having a greater appreciation for the random pokemon just knowing that it chose me.

Edit: Actually nvm. The red gyarados method is the best shiny method and that's a fact.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    I'm not hunting any shinies now and I never have, but I do intend to when I finish all the Pokemon games on the GBA, just 3 Emerald runs left (collecting Johto starters)... I intend to use the Masuda Method in X & Y, hatch the eggs and wonder trade them off if they're not shiny. ;D

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    Soft-resetting is the only method that worked for me. I still can't figure out RNG or the Pokeradar, but I don't have the patience to hatch so many eggs in a row.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I like the Masuda Method, but it never seems to work. All my shinies were gotten by luck, so I guess I would have to pick Luck.

Back