• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Unova Gym Leader?

Who is your fave Unova Gym Leader?

• Total voters

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
Years
  • ^ Haha I agree.

I liked Iris because unlike all of the other Gym Leaders, she actually put up a hard fight. She took out all of my Pokemon except for one and I had to stall her Haxorus out because all of my Pokemon kept fainting.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • I've always loved flying types. I would go with Skyla
    In order it would be

Skyla
    Drayden
    Iris
    Elesa
    Brycen
    Lenora
    Burgh
    Clay
    Cilan
    Chili
    Cress

The reason why the first three gym leaders are at the bottom is that they never do anything. You get as much interaction out of them as you would a first gen gym leader.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I like Brycen, he has a cool personality and way of battling (No pun intended) and the ice floor puzzle brings back memories

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Elesa - It is because she makes struggle with her Volt Switch spam.
    Iris - Well, what can I say about Iris? She is awesome with her dragon-type mons.
    Brycen - He looks like a real actor :D

Markichuuuuu

YouTube LP'er :3
    Years
  • I like Elesa. She's like a Pokémon Version of Lady Gaga! Wait a minute, if she's like Lady Gaga, that would mean...

OH GAWD EMOLGA RUN BEFORE YOU GET TURNED INTO A MEAT DRESS!! O_O

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2012
    My fav is Brycen. He does look awesome and the whole i speak without saying a word and the I can see ninja's thing totally rocks also.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Chiliis my favorite because of his personally, hair and Pokemon.

My second favorite is Skyla simply because she reminds me of Winona.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I don't like Unova gym leaders, they're strange, almost each time I discovered a new one I winced.
    Except for Skyla, she is a cool gym leader, with a real gym leader style.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Uuuugh, I really don't know. This is the first generation where I have a hard time choosing a favorite. I don't like the triplets, I don't like Lenora, I don't like Burgh, I don't like Clay, I don't like Brycen, and I don't like Iris being a gym leader nor do I like her counterpart. And Elesa and Skyla are so overrated in the fandom with people constantly going on about how hot they are. (How are they hot, anyway? May I direct you to the only hot gym leader in Pokémon AKA FLANNERY) But if I MUST choose someone, those two would be it... Though, Skyla's outfit is really fugly. I also like Chili's hair, despite my disgust towards the horrible name they decided to give him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Drayden's one of the most badass characters in all the games, IMO. His outfit is awesome, his Pokémon are awesome, and his beard is shaped like an open spiky toothed mouth lol

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Ah well my favorites are definitely Skyla and Elesa (as seen in my signature). They both have awesome designs, and are really pretty (for game/anime characters at least haha) and both their gyms are pretty awesome too!

Ashley182

I.MISS.YOU.
    Years
  • Skyla, for definate!

She looks cool and has one of the best gyms in the game, I loved playing through that gym, with the roller coasters.

She also specializes in a really good type, electric, my favourite ^^

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Elesa. She's got an electric personality!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The top two voted Gym Leaders are definitely the right two, I voted for Skyla because I love flying types especially Birds and I love her! She reminds me of Winona who is my all time favourite Gym Leader and then Elesa is just awesome.

Back