• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Guardian Deity!

Which Guardian Deity is your favourite?

• Tapu Koko

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Tapu Lele

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Tapu Bulu

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Tapu Fini

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
  • Favourite Guardian Diety!

I am genuinely surprised that a thread about the Guardian Dieties has yet to be created...let's fix that shall we with a nice pretty thread with colourful pictures :)

Above, we have the four Guardian Deities of Alola, Tapu Koko of Melemele Island, Tapu Lele of Akala Island, Tapu Bulu of Ula'ula Island and Tapu Fini of Poni Island. Each one differs in appearance and stats, as well as bringing their own unique terrain to the field when they are called into battle!

The question is simple; Of the four, which is your favourite? This could be down to how competitive it is, the benefits it gives, which one looks the coolest, whatever you think makes it the best!

For me, Tapu Koko...life debt at the start of the game and I think it's got the coolest battle cry of all of them :)

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • If I'm being honest, the Tapus have become my favorite set of legendary Pokemon. Not only are they all extremely useful, but what really hooked me is their design and mysterious cool factor. Picking my favorite would be like choosing my favorite child. I have a favorite, but it's only by a hair and I would never tell the other kids.

With that being said, I'd say Tapu Koko, with Tapu Fini being a very close second, and Bulu and Lele barely trailing as a tie for third.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    usually i'd be more inclined to tapu lele because wow, so pink and adorable, but i think tapu fini might actually be my favourite! it's typing is particularly cute and imo, it has the most interesting design. i like them all though - really interesting legendary pokemon concept!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think all the Tapus have brilliant designs and there isn't one I dislike tbh. Ranking in them in some sort of order would be:

Tapu Fini > Tapu Bulu > Tapu Koko > Tapu Lele.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Tapu Koko is the coolest-looking. It's like a rooster-mohawk Sigilyph on Red Bull.

I'm not really too sold on the others, to be honest, but I'll likely get used to them if I'm forced to use them competitively. I will admit though, Tapu Rupee-Jar is cute.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I like Tapu Lele since it has Psychic Surge and it powers up Psychic. It also stops those annoying speed priority moves.

Years
  • tapu lele is incredibly good and is adorable. easy choice. koko is second, the other two are still dope though

Years
  • I'm with Team Fini as well. I feel Tapu Fini's the most beautiful-looking of the four and it has two of my fave types, which I definitely can't say no to.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • The Mediterranean one is my favourite Diety

In terms of competitive, it'd be:
    Tapu Bulu>Tapu Lele>Tapu Koko>Tapu Fini

In terms of design:
    Tapu Lele>Tapu fini>Tapu Bulu>Tapu Koko

So overall
    Tapu Lele>Tapu Bulu> Tapu Fini>Tapu Koko

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Because mermaids and marlins are both cool, I like Fini the best. I like the look of its claws, its poofy sleeves, and its long hair fins.
    Koko's a close second, because you can tell by looking at it that it's got a good fighting spirit. Also its eyes are nice looking, blue with orange highlights. They all have highlight in their colors, but blue and orange are complementary, so it works best.
    Lele's cute, but it was annoyingly hard to catch for me in Moon, and it's a little boring to look at, so it's third.
    Don't care much for Bulu. I don't dislike it, but it just kind of doesn't stand out for me.

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I think the game wanted us to like Tapu Koko the most and feel the most attached to this deity because it saved us and it had the largest role of the deities in the game. And it looks like I "fell" for it. xD

Its my favorite in terms of design, typing, and power!

jeon74

Adventure is out there!
    Years
  • I personally think Tapu Koko is the best out of all of them because he was introduced early in the game in a great way. It reminded me of when (people who watch the anime probably thought this too) Ash saw Ho-Oh at the beginning of episode one. I have to admit that Tapu Bulu looks pretty cool too.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • I like Tapu Fini. I can't put my finger on why, I just feel more strongly towards that one. Was the hardest for me to catch so that might be why.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Tapu Lele is my definite favorite, Tapu Bulu being second. The other two are still great, though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Tap Lel is my favorite Guardian Deity, and I'm so happy that it's currently the second most used Pokémon in the meta.

Back