• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Feelings about "Liked" Posts.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    Whenever I get that notification I think to myself "oh hey someone is messaging me"

*User liked your post*

oh ok

in all seriousness its not that I dislike people liking my posts, its neat that theres a simple way of letting someone know you liked what they posted or agreed with it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't really hang out much in places where internet points have much impact. On PC they are just cute, make people happy or can underline how heavily people agree with something said in a discussion (without the need for parroting with posts of their own).

But recently I made some reddit and imgur comments that actually got lots of likes and that felt.... exhilarating

/gets back into IG

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I don't really hang out much in places where internet points have much impact. On PC they are just cute, make people happy or can underline how heavily people agree with something said in a discussion (without the need for parroting with posts of their own).

But recently I made some reddit and imgur comments that actually got lots of likes and that felt.... exhilarating

/gets back into IG

Ah, a fellow Imgurian. I see you are a woman of great taste!

I remember when I got the top thread on a subreddit and it made me super bubbly. It's weird cause ultimately it is such a minute "accomplishment" but it still was pretty cool.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't really care a whole lot, but it IS nice when I make a post and a few people like it, because often I post just because I want to and figure it'll get lost at sea.

So when I get likes I'm like "hey, people actually read what I say". lol

Though, also, I usually forget what I even post since my activity is so spotty... I absolutely will not remember this tomorrow. If it gets a like I'll have to go remind myself of what I even said.

Years
    Well speaking for myself, I have a tendency to like people's posts pretty often because I want others to know that their messages are meaningful and that I appreciate the time they put into sharing their perspectives. :) I also feel that liking people's posts can also be a display of friendliness. People might think you're interesting!

So basically I do think they're a very nice thing to have! What wouldn't be so nice is if we had a dislike feature, because some people would abuse that to make others feel awful and terrible...

Back