• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Female Starters, OH MY!

PIKACHU DOES KUNGFU!

working out the kinks ;D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    I got a female Turtwig and female Chimchar. This is pretty sweet. I got a male (I think?!) Togeti. WTF IS UP WITH THAT!? Haha!

Cenzo25

Disciple of Red
    Years
    My brother's Chimchar was female.

The only fmeale starters I get are from breeding, but I will settle for nothing less than a female Chikorita once the new games come out!

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Female Starter?

In saphire I got a female treeco

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    torchic was my only female kinda odd seeing as how it looks feminine at first than boom Blaziken 0.0

Ayselipera

Yeah when I used to play Gold I remember sometimes starting the game over for what seemed like 20 times just so I could get a female Chikorita.

Then when Sapphire and Ruby came out I thought Treecko and Torchic looked like females so I had to do the same thing. Somewhat thankfully the IV generation didn't have any female looking starters. Same for the I generation. Atleast to me.

Years
    My Charmander on FR is female. :) Well, Charizard now obviously.

Other than that no other female starters that I can remember, though I think I possibly had a female Cyndaquil once when I played through Gold (both my Gold and Crystal versions are dead now though :().

Rai-chan

DINOSAURSMASH!!
    Years
    When I first got my Crystal, I chose a cyndaquil, and it was female!! She was so awesome... unfortunutly, back then I sucked at pokemon so she wasn't that great, but she had a big impact on me, making typhlosion one of my favorite pokemon.

I've actually had quite a bit of female starters. Maybe I'm just lucky.

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
    I changed the starters in my Pearl and to my surprise, the Pikachu that replaced Turtwig was a female!

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    My first female starter was Mudkip. First try too :) When I got Emerald I wanted another female Mudkip so I restrted the game til I got one.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I've only gotten 3 female starters.

-Treeko (Sapphire)
    -Treeko (Platinum)
    -Turtwig (Platinum)

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Having a female Pokemon starter is quite rare because the male ratio is greater than the female ratio, but I started out with a female Turtwig in my Pokemon Pearl and surprisingly the attack stats were much stronger than my male Turtwig in my Pokemon Diamond and it had the same nature and everything.

Back