• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Quick Question.

Is there any Pokemon in Platinum that cannot be caught in B2/W2?

I recently got back into Pokemon and I can't find a list or anything of the sort, and I just want to know who I have to get in Platinum to transfer forward.

This is a list of all the Pokemon that require transfer from 4th Gen: https://www.serebii.net/black2white2/unobtainable.shtml

Note that some need to be transferred from 3rd Gen to 4th Gen first, such as older gen starters and legendaries.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Speedrunning Cress

I'm trying to speedrun Pokemon Black/White. I know Tepig is the fastest, but I can't defeat Cress. Tepig should be able to easily defeat Cress, but Panpour keeps OHKO'ing Tepig with Water Gun. How am I supposed to beat the game in less than 10 hours?

P.S. DON'T LOCK THIS THREAD!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm trying to speedrun Pokemon Black/White. I know Tepig is the fastest, but I can't defeat Cress. Tepig should be able to easily defeat Cress, but Panpour keeps OHKO'ing Tepig with Water Gun. How am I supposed to beat the game in less than 10 hours?

P.S. DON'T LOCK THIS THREAD!
    There's a girl near the Dreamyard entrance that gives you one of the elemental monkeys that covers your starter's type weakness. In the case of Tepig, you'll receive a Pansage. Use that against Cress's Panpour. You can't really do it with just Tepig alone.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    hello everyone.
    im trying to beat the elite four.
    im at grimsley now and i've only 1 max revive left.
    im trying to use emolga to kill scrafty with acrobatics and deerling with grassknot/jump kick to kill krookodile, and my tepig to kill the other two.
    i haven't came further than the 3th pokemon in line, so does anyone have tips for me?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    hello everyone.
    im trying to use emolga to kill scrafty with acrobatics and deerling with grassknot/jump kick to kill krookodile, and my tepig to kill the other two.
    i haven't came further than the 3th pokemon in line, so does anyone have tips for me?
    What levels are you Pokemon exactly? And you should evolve your Deerling into Sawsbuck for the stat boosts.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    my emolga is lvl 45, my tepig is lvl 53, and my deerling is lvl 46
    Wait those are the only 3 you have? And Tepig is still a Tepig? Gonna need to evolve that one too and add another Pokemon or two to your party. Emolga and Deerling/Sawsbuck would probably like to be a couple of levels higher as well. You can get some exp at the Nimbasa City sports arenas.

Years
  • hello everyone.

Adding onto what Nah said above, give us a list of your team and their movesets so that we can provide further assistance for you. It's always best to show exactly what you have because it'll be helpful to us as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Adding onto what Nah said above, give us a list of your team and their movesets so that we can provide further assistance for you. It's always best to show exactly what you have because it'll be helpful to us as well.

i won't evolve them because they'll be ugly and i can't get outta there except if i get my pokemon killed, my other three are already dead and i used them to revive other pokemon/stun/make the last hit (because boldore's endure)

Tepig
    - Take Down.
    - Flamethrower.
    - Fire Pledge.
    - Head butt.
    Item: Rock Gem.

Emolga
    - Wild Charge.
    - Electro Ball.
    - Volt Switch.
    - Acrobatics.
    Item: Magnet.

Deerling
    - Aromatherapy
    - Grass Knot.
    - Jump Kick.
    - Double Edge.
    Item: Miracle Seed.

Edit:
    I succeed beating Grimsley with these pokemon. I just need to do the other two now. I'll be starting with Caitlin. Any tips?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2016
    Help with the PWT

Hey

I've been having real difficulty with the PWT on my second run of White 2, no matter what I try I always either get a bad run of gym leaders OR they luck out with crits and one shot my team.
    To give you an example
    I got Giovanni as my first opponent so I brought out my Swanna (don't ask I was using one for the first time) ...His Nidoqueen proceeded to laugh at my Surf and then used Thunder... Swanna got one shot and my Arcanine and Serperior eventually followed suit.
    So I tried bringing some of my other Pokemon to counter Giovanni and hopefully cover all eventualities... Got Sabrina on the first match and destroyed her with my Zoroark... Then Brock happened, he stalled me and slowly wittled down my Pokemon .-.
    So yeah the current team i've got on me is Jolteon, Serperior, Arcanine, Lucario, Swanna and Zoroark
    Any ideas how I can trounce the PWT and prepare for all the possible combinations?

Thanks

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    OR they luck out with crits
    that's Pokemon for ya lol

What are the movesets, natures, and EVs on your Pokemon? Might be able to help you more if you tell us that information.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2016
    EVs are random since it's my main game team, they have what they got from battling everything else.
    Movesets & Natures

Swanna - Sassy Ice beam, Surf, Fly, Brave bird
    N's Zoroark - Hasty, Night Slash, Foul play, Scary face (because it flat out refused to learn anything useful past Night slash) Taunt
    Serperior - Quiet, Slam, Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Dragon tail
    Lucario - Brave, close combat, Strength, Aura Sphere, Extreme speed
    Arcanine- Rash, Fire Fang, Reversal, Flamethrower, Extreme speed
    Jolteon - Relaxed, Thunder, Dig, Discharge, Thunder wave (for catching post game legendaries)
    Again nothing specially picked since it IS my game team, I tend to try and do everything with one team which used to work out.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    EVs are random since it's my main game team, they have what they got from battling everything else.
    Movesets & Natures

Swanna - Sassy Ice beam, Surf, Fly, Brave bird
    N's Zoroark - Hasty, Night Slash, Foul play, Scary face (because it flat out refused to learn anything useful past Night slash) Taunt
    Serperior - Quiet, Slam, Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Dragon tail
    Lucario - Brave, close combat, Strength, Aura Sphere, Extreme speed
    Arcanine- Rash, Fire Fang, Reversal, Flamethrower, Extreme speed
    Jolteon - Relaxed, Thunder, Dig, Discharge, Thunder wave (for catching post game legendaries)
    Again nothing specially picked since it IS my game team, I tend to try and do everything with one team which used to work out.

Your Pokémon aren't bad to be honest, but a real competitive training and strategy is actually needed for PWT! ^_^ Or it's difficult to win them!

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2016
    Your Pokémon aren't bad to be honest, but a real competitive training and strategy is actually needed for PWT! ^_^ Or it's difficult to win them!

I guess, oddly enough I was able to do it a while back on my first run for some reason I just can't do it now XD. Granted I don't want to go through the rigmarole of building a new team so I better resort to the old favourite of toxic double team stalling and proceeding to hope for the best.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back