• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Exams

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    Well, finals week is upon me, and it had me thinking.

How do you all deal with finals? Do you tend to freak out and spend lot of time and effort studying? Or do you not worry as much and just go in and take them no sweat?

I tend to freak out with finals. I study as much as I can, cramming in study sessions whenever I can throughout the day. Finals always worry me.

Interested in hearing how you all deal with finals.

Sirfetch’d

Don't we all freak out? I mean even those who generally do well and are among the smartest people must be nervous heading into class that day. I study my butt off the night before and usually it does help, but there have been times where I overstudied and it hurt me :I

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
  • I've been through one finals week in high school, and because of the school I went to, it was pathetic. I studied for biology, math, and gym. Biology for 45 minutes, math for 25, and gym for 10. Got a B, B, and A respectively. The other classes (religion, English, and Latin) were laughable, and I didn't study. Got out of it with a 95% average. Then I transferred (for obvious reasons, among others). I'm assuming finals will be tougher this time XD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Ironic that this thread is made the day I finish my plethora of exams D: But to answer the post, I study and cram. Mostly the latter. And there are those moments where I feel like banging my head against something, but high school was something that prepped me well for exams, considering I basically had one every damn week.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Ugh, I wish finals were this week. I still have a month to wait and I'm dreading the wait. For finals, I normally don't study at all. I just go into the test and hope to do well. Most of the time I do fine on finals. Idk how many I will have this year because I took many AP classes. I will study a lot for the AP exam however. That is a different story imo.

Years
  • I try not to panic. Generally, I plan what I have when, and when it logically makes sense to study for it. I usually start studying about 2-3 days before any given exam. This semester, it turns out I have 2 on a Monday, and one each day from Tuesday to Thursday. One final is a presentation and the other is my collection of ceramics throughout the term. The other three are tests, but I'm not terribly worried about them. I think the only time I ever really panicked during finals week was last year because I had my tax accounting final. -_-

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I do well enough during the semester in MOST classes, where even if I fail the final exam (I've only failed one final exam), I end up with a B. I don't have a problem with final exams. I don't stress out about them. It's whatever.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm quickly finding out that academics are much different in college than in high school. Previously finals would only have the potential to harm my grade, as I did pretty well through the semester. Now I find myself relying on the finals to help boost my grade. I say all this and still end up studying the day before, but whatever haha.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Study? Me? Impossible!

When it comes to exams I don't really care lol. I'm the go-with-the-flow kind of girl who hates studying. If it's a really hard subject, I try to study, but nothing really comes into my mind. Studying just makes me confused and stressed out.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I usually just try to revise everything I can and do as many past papers as possible a week or so before finals hit me like a train. I don't really stress out, however. I tend to keep my cool before an exam.

SkySpoon

SkySpoon
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Lately I've found myself managing to completely divert my attention to something else and neglecting my studying, then realising what I've done like a day before the exam itself and rushing through everything I can.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I...tend not to stress? I mean, I try to study but if I don't know something I kind of just "eh" it and move on. It's horrible. But studying tends to make me uninterested and I've never had to cram before.
    I probably should since my grades have never been spectacular, but they've never been that bad either...idk

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Honestly when I was in school I didn't do much for final exams. I studied ,but not that much and usually only before class. Maybe that's why most of the time I had no clue what I was doing and was more stressed come exam time. XD

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • I don't really even study, I would love to say I try to do my best and work really hard for a good grade but unfortunately I can't XD
    I think it's because it's way too boring to be bothered to care, right now in school I'm actually getting pretty good grades actually. Except in things like chemistry and maths and most science subjects though, because who has the time for that?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When I was younger, I mostly didn't study. Due to that, I failed one of my final exams, and almost failed one of my classes as well. The teacher allowed me to make up for it, though, by giving me an essay to write. After the completion of it, I got a seventy on the class—barely passed. This caused me to change my habit; nowadays, I do study. Even if I don't feel like doing it, I try to spend at least ten minutes per day studying for exams. d:

Years
  • I don't have many final exams anymore since most of my classes are web design/communications so it's more or less just projects. But back when I did have exams I just crammed studying into the day before.. and usually did pretty all right. Laziness prevails!

Years
  • I thought I'd bump this back since I didn't want to make a different thread about it. This is the finals week for a lot of students in the U.S. How has it been going for everyone? What finals do you have this term?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I usually just did enough studying but never overdid it. Finals week wasn't too bad because usually I was quite prepared for them. Of course it's been five and a half years since I last took one, pahaha.

Back