• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: [Finished] SURVIVOR PC - LEGENDCHU PRODUCTION'S MAIDEN VENTURE

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • ^ I think LegendChu implied that the tribe names he thought up are subject to change if the members want, or at least before the game actually starts. :)

I like all the names that have been put forward so far!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • ok so the majority has voted - we're the Spontaneous Stunfisk Tribe. C:
    Technically Tribes are already decided by LegendChu :/
    Those three names related to light remember?
    ^ I think LegendChu implied that the tribe names he thought up are subject to change if the members want, or at least before the game actually starts. :)
    I like all the names that have been put forward so far!
    Unfortunately, PercyX is right, I had to register the Tribe names, which I already did, so they cannot be changed now, so sorry for any inconvenience caused :(. But come on guys, they aren't that bad, they are in keeping with the Survivor Tradition of naming tribes on something based on local dialects & they are also Pokemon-related (the Electric connection). C'mon support me on this guys :|.

But I do have some good news for you guys, I just talked to Lycan about making separate Groups for the Tribes, where you can discuss strategies & all. You should see something about that pretty soon.

And these Bug are really starting to Bug me now, why doesn't anyone want to take Bug Type? >:(

Okay as a last resort, is anyone willing to swap & take up Bug Type & find someone to take your Type? Its high-time that we got the ball rolling.

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Unfortunately, PercyX is right, I had to register the Tribe names, which I already did, so they cannot be changed now, so sorry for any inconvenience caused
    [Finished] SURVIVOR PC - LEGENDCHU PRODUCTION'S MAIDEN VENTURE
    . But come on guys, they aren't that bad, they are in keeping with the Survivor Tradition of naming tribes on something based on local dialects & they are also Pokemon-related (the Electric connection). C'mon support me on this guys
    Okay, being aware of Survivor, let me be the first one to say that the names you came up with are excellently thought of

And these Bug are really starting to Bug me now, why doesn't anyone want to take Bug Type?

Okay as a last resort, is anyone willing to swap & take up Bug Type & find someone to take your Type? Its high-time that we got the ball rolling.
    I don't think you'd need to do that, because I think someone just took Bug

I'll be Bug :o
    I think that to be officially part of the game, you need to fill in the registration form which is in the first post of this Thread. Better do that to confirm your registration, before someone else does it & takes your place.

Years
  • I think that to be officially part of the game, you need to fill in the registration form which is in the first post of this Thread. Better do that to confirm your registration, before someone else does it & takes your place.

Oh, good catch!

NAME (This will be your Pokecommunity User Name): Linay
    POKEMON TYPE (The Pokemon Type you'll represent. Just remember to take a look at Registered Members above you & make sure you don't choose a Pokemon Type, that has already been chosen): Bug
    Are you aware of the original SURVIVOR GAME? (Yes/No): Yup

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Oh, good catch!
    No probs :). I may not be part of the game, but I'll always be supporting it.

I think Raj (LegendChu) is going to be really happy, because it seems like Bugs were really bugging him, as no one was selecting this type.

I super excited to see this game get underway now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Unfortunately, PercyX is right, I had to register the Tribe names, which I already did, so they cannot be changed now, so sorry for any inconvenience caused :(. But come on guys, they aren't that bad, they are in keeping with the Survivor Tradition of naming tribes on something based on local dialects & they are also Pokemon-related (the Electric connection). C'mon support me on this guys :|.

But I do have some good news for you guys, I just talked to Lycan about making separate Groups for the Tribes, where you can discuss strategies & all. You should see something about that pretty soon.

And these Bug are really starting to Bug me now, why doesn't anyone want to take Bug Type? >:(

But that's kinda unfair, you said we could decide and only gave us ten hours before you chose names. All throughout the thing you said we could decide the names and you choose the teams. We had a vote in progress on the names before you decided (since my post). So... We're still the Spontaneous Stunfisk. In every single submission were submitting our answers as that as you took our right to vote and decide on our name despite saying we could decide. Plus this is Pokémon related and you did want Pokémon related names. Plus with timezones if I could get to people quicker I could've. Don't punish us for not every single member being online for 10 hours (some people have school and I sleep 9 hours normally).

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • But that's kinda unfair, you said we could decide and only gave us ten hours before you chose names. All throughout the thing you said we could decide the names and you choose the teams. We had a vote in progress on the names before you decided (since my post). So... We're still the Spontaneous Stunfisk. In every single submission were submitting our answers as that as you took our right to vote and decide on our name despite saying we could decide. Plus this is Pokémon related and you did want Pokémon related names. Plus with timezones if I could get to people quicker I could've. Don't punish us for not every single member being online for 10 hours (some people have school and I sleep 9 hours normally).
    What Forever says is true, tho I personally didn't vote. That was the name we had decided as a group. To take that away doesnt make sense, as it kind of kills the spirit of the game.
    in any case, while those electric names are interesting and all, not only did you not put Pokemon centric names on the board, you also simply registered names again without member approval.
    How do you register names anyway? I thought this was more of a game then a form when you submit things.

As a side note, if they are unchangeable, you the should definitely have put different names in. The Ragged Rockets is decent, the Raging Reds could be another name, and maybe the Galliant Greens as a third name. But electric?........... Just saying.

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    What Forever says is true, tho I personally didn't vote. That was the name we had decided as a group. To take that away doesnt make sense, as it kind of kills the spirit of the game.
    in any case, while those electric names are interesting and all, not only did you not put Pokemon centric names on the board, you also simply registered names again without member approval.
    How do you register names anyway? I thought this was more of a game then a form when you submit things.

As a side note, if they are unchangeable, you the should definitely have put different names in. The Ragged Rockets is decent, the Raging Reds could be another name, and maybe the Galliant Greens as a third name. But electric?........... Just saying.
    Agreed
    It would have been more fun with pokemon theme involved.
    There would be competitions to prove the Fierce Charizard Stronger than the Ballistic Blastoise tribe (xD)

Years
  • I'm fine with what the names are currently, but having the players devise their own would be more immersive and make things a little more, well, fun. Just repeating the same word in different languages is a bit dull, though. It doesn't give much personality or distinct traits to the tribes. It's a bit like (for example) describing the sky using blue, bleu and azul, even though they all mean the same thing, when words with different meaning and values could be used instead (blue, vast, infinite).
    It also takes away the joy of creation and working as a team, since we'll be going with predetermined names instead of distinct, unique names ourselves I probably wouldn't have been much help in choosing a name, but that's besides the point.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I'm not in the game but I still want to comment the situation.

But that's kinda unfair, you said we could decide and only gave us ten hours before you chose names. All throughout the thing you said we could decide the names and you choose the teams. We had a vote in progress on the names before you decided (since my post). So... We're still the Spontaneous Stunfisk. In every single submission were submitting our answers as that as you took our right to vote and decide on our name despite saying we could decide. Plus this is Pokémon related and you did want Pokémon related names. Plus with timezones if I could get to people quicker I could've. Don't punish us for not every single member being online for 10 hours (some people have school and I sleep 9 hours normally).
    Don't forget that he had promised to avoid giving time zone advantage to anyone:
    Ya I know different Time Zones was the biggest hindrance putting up this game, coz of course everyone has a life outside of here, me as well. But don't worry I'll take care to put up questions challenges at different times, to avoid a time zone advantage for any one Person/Team.

Giving only 10 hours for choosing the name can be considered as breaking that promise. 48 hours is minimum time limit where nobody gets time zone advantage.

What he should do now is apologize his mistake and give extra 48 hours for choosing the name, this would clear the atmosphere around the game so it can more likely be successful. I'd also ask Meadow and Lycanthropy to keep LegendChu under control from now on in order to prevent this kind of situations.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • But that's kinda unfair, you said we could decide and only gave us ten hours before you chose names. All throughout the thing you said we could decide the names and you choose the teams. We had a vote in progress on the names before you decided (since my post). So... We're still the Spontaneous Stunfisk. In every single submission were submitting our answers as that as you took our right to vote and decide on our name despite saying we could decide. Plus this is Pokémon related and you did want Pokémon related names. Plus with timezones if I could get to people quicker I could've. Don't punish us for not every single member being online for 10 hours (some people have school and I sleep 9 hours normally).
    Agreed
    It would have been more fun with pokemon theme involved.
    There would be competitions to prove the Fierce Charizard Stronger than the Ballistic Blastoise tribe (xD)
    I'm fine with what the names are currently, but having the players devise their own would be more immersive and make things a little more, well, fun. Just repeating the same word in different languages is a bit dull, though. It doesn't give much personality or distinct traits to the tribes. It's a bit like (for example) describing the sky using blue, bleu and azul, even though they all mean the same thing, when words with different meaning and values could be used instead (blue, vast, infinite).
    It also takes away the joy of creation and working as a team, since we'll be going with predetermined names instead of distinct, unique names ourselves I probably wouldn't have been much help in choosing a name, but that's besides the point.
    See what happens, just light a spark & everything around you bursts into flames.

Did you guys Read this Rule?

Spoiler:

It was clearly mentioned that YOU GUYS, THE PLAYERS, are gonna choose the Tribe Names, so why do you think I'm gonna impose names on ya? Of course names are still very open, nothing has been registered yet.

Okay now tell me one thing, how many of you have actually gone through the whole set of rules? How many of you have said - hey I didn't understand so & so rule, can you please tell me how that will work out? NOT A SINGLE PERSON. Do I take it that every Member here has understood all Rules? Don't think so. And nobody is even asking.

And I mentioned about Groups being specially created just for you guys to discuss with Teammates. Special permission was taken by Lycanthropy from the admins to have them outside of the UG. Not a single person appreciated that either.

The prizes, the Emblems created by Meadow (who alongwith Lycanthropy has also helped me make this game more player-friendly), which also have to be approved from Admins btw, nobody has talked about that either. How many of you have asked how & when the Emblems will be handed out, what does each Emblem represents, who gets which Emblem? Again, NOT A SINGLE PERSON.

Guys, a lot of effort has been put in, into creating this game. It took me almost two months of planning, discussions before this game was finally up. And there seems to be complete lack of Host-Player Interaction. How am I supposed to know things, unless you tell me, involve me in discussions?

Now let me come to the Reward Challenge, how many of you made an effort to participate in that? Not many! Yes of course I know its not easy convincing random people to join in & for those who tried, well done, I really appreciate that.

But some of you are not even trying to participate. I've seen people say repeatedly, "I won't be much help doing this", "I don't think I can do that", if you guys don't even try, how can you know how good you actually are. Believe me when I say this, there is a creative side inside everyone, at least try once.

When I opened my Club, I too was very new to the concept of Clubs, in fact had no idea about it, but was never shy of working hard, to try make it successful. I personally sent out invites to as many as 76 people (yes I know the exact number coz I always keep a tab of everything), many of whom I've never interacted with before. That's the effort I'm ready to put in. And many of you are not even making an effort. This is going to be bad news for you as a Team, coz non-participation from even one member, is gonna cost the whole team.

And talking about time management, of course I know that, which is exactly why I don't have any time limit rule for completing challenges. I juggle work & studies & I know how tough it is to take time out for other stuff. But I still do that, to come to PC, coz I really luv being around here.

Guys this is a game meant for fun & I don't wanna be strict at all, coz I'm not that kinda person, but unless every single person is more interactive, this is gonna be a damp squib.

I'm sorry if all that sounded harsh, but I'm just doing my job, trying to make this game as interesting & fun as possible, get the best out of you guys.

Okay, now just let me finally know the Tribe Names you're gonna have, I'll register them & we can start this game of Survivor PC, I'm raring to go vroom vroom, vroom

And plz guys, I need you to interact more with me

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    See what happens, just light a spark & everything around you bursts into flames.

Did you guys Read this Rule?

Spoiler:

It was clearly mentioned that YOU GUYS, THE PLAYERS, are gonna choose the Tribe Names, so why do you think I'm gonna impose names on ya? Of course names are still very open, nothing has been registered yet.

Okay now tell me one thing, how many of you have actually gone through the whole set of rules? How many of you have said - hey I didn't understand so & so rule, can you please tell me how that will work out? NOT A SINGLE PERSON. Do I take it that every Member here has understood all Rules? Don't think so. And nobody is even asking.

And I mentioned about Groups being specially created just for you guys to discuss with Teammates. Special permission was taken by Lycanthropy from the admins to have them outside of the UG. Not a single person appreciated that either.

The prizes, the Emblems created by Meadow (who alongwith Lycanthropy has also helped me make this game more player-friendly), which also have to be approved from Admins btw, nobody has talked about that either. How many of you have asked how & when the Emblems will be handed out, what does each Emblem represents, who gets which Emblem? Again, NOT A SINGLE PERSON.

Guys, a lot of effort has been put in, into creating this game. It took me almost two months of planning, discussions before this game was finally up. And there seems to be complete lack of Host-Player Interaction. How am I supposed to know things, unless you tell me, involve me in discussions?

Now let me come to the Reward Challenge, how many of you made an effort to participate in that? Not many! Yes of course I know its not easy convincing random people to join in & for those who tried, well done, I really appreciate that.

But some of you are not even trying to participate. I've seen people say repeatedly, "I won't be much help doing this", "I don't think I can do that", if you guys don't even try, how can you know how good you actually are. Believe me when I say this, there is a creative side inside everyone, at least try once.

When I opened my Club, I too was very new to the concept of Clubs, in fact had no idea about it, but was never shy of working hard, to try make it successful. I personally sent out invites to as many as 76 people (yes I know the exact number coz I always keep a tab of everything), many of whom I've never interacted with before. That's the effort I'm ready to put in. And many of you are not even making an effort. This is going to be bad news for you as a Team, coz non-participation from even one member, is gonna cost the whole team.

And talking about time management, of course I know that, which is exactly why I don't have any time limit rule for completing challenges. I juggle work & studies & I know how tough it is to take time out for other stuff. But I still do that, to come to PC, coz I really luv being around here.

Guys this is a game meant for fun & I don't wanna be strict at all, coz I'm not that kinda person, but unless every single person is more interactive, this is gonna be a damp squib.

I'm sorry if all that sounded harsh, but I'm just doing my job, trying to make this game as interesting & fun as possible, get the best out of you guys.

Okay, now just let me finally know the Tribe Names you're gonna have, I'll register them & we can start this game of Survivor PC, I'm raring to go vroom vroom, vroom

And plz guys, I need you to interact more with me

Ummm but after I made my post saying we chose our group name you said the other name has already been registered ?_?

"ok so the majority has voted - we're the Spontaneous Stunfisk Tribe. C:"

"Unfortunately, PercyX is right, I had to register the Tribe names, which I already did, so they cannot be changed now, so sorry for any inconvenience caused :("

and now you say...

"It was clearly mentioned that YOU GUYS, THE PLAYERS, are gonna choose the Tribe Names, so why do you think I'm gonna impose names on ya? Of course names are still very open, nothing has been registered yet."

Like I don't mean to confuse or anything I'm just really confused given you said that you've already decided on those tribe names but yeah, we're the Spontaneous Stunfisk Tribe, could you register that? c:

Anyways, we're discussing our stuff on an offsite place, I didn't know that the groups/forum on PC were already made, could you link it? It's gonna be way easier than our current medium c:

Emblems I assumed that the first is for everyone who participates, second is for the finals and third is for the winner. I don't care about emblems so that's why I didn't bother asking.

Tribe SS is ready to start!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Ummm but after I made my post saying we chose our group name you said the other name has already been registered ?_?

"ok so the majority has voted - we're the Spontaneous Stunfisk Tribe. C:"

"Unfortunately, PercyX is right, I had to register the Tribe names, which I already did, so they cannot be changed now, so sorry for any inconvenience caused :("

and now you say...

"It was clearly mentioned that YOU GUYS, THE PLAYERS, are gonna choose the Tribe Names, so why do you think I'm gonna impose names on ya? Of course names are still very open, nothing has been registered yet."

Like I don't mean to confuse or anything I'm just really confused given you said that you've already decided on those tribe names but yeah, we're the Spontaneous Stunfisk Tribe, could you register that? c:

Anyways, we're discussing our stuff on an offsite place, I didn't know that the groups/forum on PC were already made, could you link it? It's gonna be way easier than our current medium c:

Emblems I assumed that the first is for everyone who participates, second is for the finals and third is for the winner. I don't care about emblems so that's why I didn't bother asking.

Tribe SS is ready to start!
    Yes I did, I'm sorry I had to do is this way, but there is complete lack of Host-Player interaction, this was just to stir you up. This is only a game, nothing has to be registered, last of all Tribe names :P.

See Forever, I know you are one of those who is actively participating in discussions & I can see you were making an effort on the Reward Challenge as well. But tell me, how many others are doing that?

As for the groups, Lycan is handling that, so I'm sure he'll put something up soon.

Also, if you are doing the Team naming some place else, maybe you could have also involved me, I could have helped a bit, or at least tell me you were doing it someplace else, coz I thought you were discussing things here via PMs/VMs or some other medium. How can I know stuff unless you interact with me?

See how much more easier things are now that you had a interaction with me. Anyways, Spontaneous Stunfisk will be registered & that will be your Tribe name forever, Forever {XD}.

Other Tribes, if you are changing names, make it quick, quick, quick, coz the first question is gonna come up in a few hours time.

Back