• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Ever Masterball Catch

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Hello everyone :) So, what was your first Masterball catch?

Did you wait until you found the right legendary you wanted? Or did you, like me, catch a random Pokémon (*cough* Wingull...) just to test it out, which may or may not have potentially left you with nothing to catch you legendary with?

Years
  • The first ever Pokemon that I caught in a Master Ball was Mewtwo in Pokemon Yellow. Granted, I don't think I realized at the time that the Master Ball was a guaranteed capture, since I remember careful whittling down Mewtwo's health before I used it. Nowadays I hold onto my Master Ball in case a shiny Pokemon appears- I'll use Ultra Balls, etc. for legendaries.

Oh, and since this is a thread about the games rather than the series as a whole, I'm going to move this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you!

MOVED.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I think it was probably Zapdos in LeafGreen. I don't think I had any idea at the time that I only got one of those in the whole game, and if I did I'd likely have saved it for the much higher-level Mewtwo.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It was probably Mewtwo in Blue version. I really don't remember that far back, but I doubt it was any of the legendary birds.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    I don't remember what Pokemon I used my first MB on, but I do remember accidentally catching a tentacool with a MB in one of the Gen1 games. That was a sad say; I was permadepessed for the rest of the week.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Mewtwo on Red. It seemed an appropriate choice to use the "ultimate" ball on the "ultimate" Pokemon, and without Pokemon that ran away or shinies, there wasn't anything else I particularly needed to use it on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    My 10 yeat self were wise enough to use my MasterBall on a Mewtwo. My thoughts that time is that this is the strongest ball so it should be used on the strongest pokemin lol

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Articuno in the Original Blue as I really wanted the Ice Bird. Caught Mewtwo in an Ultra Ball if I remember correctly.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    Cobalion in Black version.

Yep.

Not the best first capture. Should've saved it for the roaming legendary.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Zapdos on LeafGreen. If I knew that you can catch a roaming legendary beast after the main story, I would've saved it for that.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I always catch mascouts with master ball a lot of time actually and not bother catching them with other balls

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Kyogre in my second playthrough of Sapphire. I didn't get the Master Ball my first time since I didn't explore the Aqua Hideout enough, haha. I wish I had known Latias was a roamer, though. Because...yeah. lol

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I believe it was for Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave in the original Red version. But being that it was so long ago, I can't be sure. Being that I was a young kid, I probably wasted it on something common, lol.

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
    Years
  • Man that was a long time ago I want to say it was ether groudon or rattata I can not remember of course back in the day I didn't even know that the left half of jouto existed for until the remakes (even then I still couldn't find it for awhile) so I probably did the dumber option 1st :3c

Back