• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film First movie you watched?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    We have a "Last movie you watched" thread, but do you remember your first?

I vaguely remember the first time I was in a theatre but I'm honestly not sure if it's a memory constructed from what my mom told me or it's actually a thing I remember - I was 2-3 when Titanic came out and apparently I was frightened when people started drowning and screaming, so I cried and my dad had to carry me out of the theatre.

Before that, I'm sure I watched some Disney movies here and there, but I think this was my first movie-going experience.

How about you? Do you remember the first movie you watched, in a theatre or otherwise?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Great question!

I don't know if I could come up with the first movie I ever watched but I know the first one I watched in the movie theater was Pokemon the First Movie :)

The first movie I can remember watching is either Child's Play or Stephen King's It. Probably because they're scary movies.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • The first movie I watched was The Incredibles. I'm really hyped for the 2019 sequel, but it's soo far away (18 years after the original, too!). </3 Was such an awesome movie.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    The first movie I watched was The Incredibles. I'm really hyped for the 2019 sequel, but it's soo far away (18 years after the original, too!). </3 Was such an awesome movie.

I saw that one in the theater when it came out too. I was 13 and I wanted to see Saw or Alien Vs. Predetor instead and was upset we had to see Incredibles. I was too cool for school back then ;) But we saw Incredibles and I ended up loving it haha

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Jesus christ that's quite some.. thinking back.. I have absolutely NO idea what could've been my first watched movie, nor even anything close to it.. Sooooo.. I'm going to go with the first movie on my imdb.

...Which is Fight Club. I mean.. That's maybe only a couple of years ago. Jeez, I reaaaally don't remember anything else. I'm just going to stick with Fight Club, since this was also from the time back when I still watched movies that came on TV.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • I have no clue. I could barely talk. It was probably either the Lion King, Bambi, Snowwhite or Jungle Book. One of those.

I was deathly afraid of the witch in Snowwhite though. So I almost never rewatched that one again.

In a theatre, I have no clue. The first one I can clearly remember seeing in a theatre was Disney's Tarzan, but it's possible I went to some others before that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm going to guess it was Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back since I know I would watch that almost every day when I was young and I can't remember anything from before that. I'm sure there was some Disney movie in there, but who knows what it might have been.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Hmmm, I remember watching Gumby when I was really young so that was probably one of the first ones. The first movie I can recall seeing in theaters is Mulan. Even though those are the earliest I can remember, I don't entirely trust my memory and would love to actually know which movies were my first!

Terumi-kantoku

Cat Lover Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2017
    Duuuude, that´s a tough question for someone almost on 30....... Welllll... Let me think.....

I remember watching Alladin on theater with my mom. Yes. On theater. First release. I´m not sure if I watched Beauty and the Beast one year before. I know I´ve watched Bambi around this time, but... Well... Like many children, I had to get out of there after his mom died.

Plus, I remember Jason and the Argonauts. My dad loved to scare me, so he wanted me to watch those giants and skeleton warriors. Of course I ran off to my room :P

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • The first movie I watched was a dance movie called You Got Served, which got me into bboying for the next 12 years.
    Up to this day it's definitely one of my favorite movies of all time, probably due to nostalgia since when I look back at it the story isn't really that impressive. xD

Years
  • The earliest film I can remember from the back of my head was some very peculiar, obscure Filipino film that involved a headless chicken, which was poorly made through CGI, possessing the bodies of victims that are drunk. Yes, Filipino films are extremely weird, and this is something I remember when I was just barely 4 years old. A very odd memory.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    jimmy neutron: boy genius way back in 2001 i believe. the coolest thing about it is the theater i first saw it in is where i'm currently employed and it's my first job 8)

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    the first movie i remember being sentient enough to understand is finding nemo; which is also the first film i went to see in the cinema.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    that would be dumbo

while most people claimed to have been scarred by that "lsd sequence" i found it one of the most hilarious things i've ever seen back when i was 3

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    Probably either ET or something Disney. I'd like to think it was Beauty and the Beast, since it's my favorite movie, it came out on VHS when I was 2, and I've had said VHS for longer than I can remember, but there's no way to tell for sure.

And although I don't know if it was the first one, the first movie I remember seeing in theaters was The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which came out when I was 5. I even still have the ticket stub. :D

Back