• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Shiny Encounter

ZoroStar

★ The True Star of Illusion ★
    Years
    I'm unsure if a thread exists on this topic or not, but..

What was your first Shiny Encounter?
    And where was it? What gen? What route?
    Was your first shiny hatched? If so, how many eggs did it take?

My first shiny encounter was a Sandile in the Desert Resort of Generation 5.
    I accidentally erased the data he was in, otherwise I would've carried him over to Gen 6.​

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    My first shiny encounter was a Paras in Ilex Forest in Gen 2; Pokemon Silver. The game had just come out, and I had only been playing for a short while. I caught it, and stuck it in the PC. I think it's still in there to this day!

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Shiny Zubat in Pokemon Silver on my first playthrough. Found him in the Dark Cave. Eventually became a Crobat that I kept on my main team.

Unfortunately the save file's long lost.

First hatched shiny was a Pichu also in Pokemon Silver during my original playthrough. It was completely random as I had no idea what I was doing at the time.

Like the Zubat, it's long lost.

Shinies that I've obtained since Gen. III (Sandslash and Electrode, Ruby and FireRed, respectively) through Gen. V have since all been safely transferred to my OmegaRuby save file.

To this day I haven't gone out of my way to hunt for shinies in the wild. Only recently did I attempt breeding shinies. So far I've picked up a shiny Durant and shiny Zigzagoon through breeding. Each took fewer than 100 eggs. I'm over 200 eggs for a shiny Protean Froakie. Hasn't happened yet.

Years
    My first one was a shiny magikarp in Pokemon Platinum. I was fishing all day for this.
    Unfortunately I didn't get any shinies from breeding...

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    My first shiny encounter was a shiny Hoothoot in Gold on one of the early routes, except I didn't catch it because I was dumb and thought it was just a glitch or something. Whoops.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    Well theoretically my first shiny was a shiny mew on faraway island in emerald (found after only 30 something tries!) but that was hunting, so my first accidental was a shiny Hoppip on my Pokemon Naranja cartridge (which broke a few days later).

Mecha-Scrafty

Gastrodon shall rule us all.
    Years
    My first shiny was was in 5th gen while looking for dittos in Giant Chasm. It was a Lunatone. I was exited, but then just threw it in the pc in the last box. I named it "ugly". It had adamant nature T^T

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My first shiny was a Boldore in X in my friend Mikey's Friend Safari. As for my first hatched shiny it was an Elgyem though I don't remember how many eggs it took more.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    My first shiny ever, after I've search for YEARS...
    *If we don't count the shiny Gyarados in G/S/C*

1. Shiny Swablu my friend gave me because she had many shiny and she knew I wanted one.

2. First shiny I've had *by myself* is a shiny Treecko that I've bred. 5 IV Flawless, nature Adamant (that was I was going for), 4 egg moves. I will never trade it away :)

Both were in Gen 6.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I believe it was a Zubat in Pokémon FireRed, if I remember right. If not, then it could have been Geodude.

Years
    For me, a Duskull in Ruby. I was like randomly looking in Mt. Pyre when I found her, and I had heard about shinies before yet wasn't expecting me to actually fine one, let alone catch it. She still holds memories for me today.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
    A shiny Pidgey in Gold. I thought it was some sort of glitch as there were no guides about shinies (In fact back in the day "Silver Rhyhorn" was a rumour in game, ha)
    My next was a Wingull in Emerald, I woke my brother up at 3 am just to show him

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    My first one was a zubat in Fire red on gameboy. I got it in Mt Moon. Never have I touch it even once. meh

Magnum L.Hawk

Lazy Writer.
    Years
    I believe my first was a shiny Eevee back in Platinum through breeding, I don't recall how many eggs it took to get it however. Eventually evolved it into an Espeon by accident and now it's sitting in a box in my copy of X.

In terms of encounters, the first wild shiny I ever found was a Snover on Mt.Coronet, which like my Espeon, is usually just sitting around in a box now.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    My first Shiny was a Shiny Golett in X whilst running back to a Pokemon Center. I had never seen Golett's Shiny form before and was surprised by seeing this different coloured Pokémon.

I caught it with a Great Ball (Even though my Sylveon almost knocked it out), evolved it into Golurk and took the Automaton Pokémon to the Hall of Fame. I really like the colour scheme here with the darker colours and neon green eyes. :)

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    My first shiny that I encountered was a shiny Geodude on one of the sevi islands in Fire red. Sadly it wasn't caught.

First caught was a shiny staravia (now staraptor) in platinum. It was the route a live the daycare, I forgot the number of it. It is now in my AS version.

First hatched happened to be a shiny beldum in my X and was kinda by accident. I was breeding my teams, 5 eggs for each team member of every gen (yes I know I can't bring gen 1/2 pokés up to gen 6 but I knew my teams), and what would you know I hatched my self a shiny beldum on the 5th beldum egg. And it happened to be right before the shiny beldum event for ORAS was announced.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    So obviously we aren't counting the plot-important Red Gyarados of the lake of Rage so...

Years ago, it was in my Japanese version of Gold, and I didn't know what to do. When i saw this little Pidgey encounter in some of the patches of grass near new bark town after coming back to Prof Elm to tell about the rival, i didn't know what to do. I was young (and stupid) back then, especially since Gen 2 was the gen were Shinies really mattered, as they were built to have much better Stat totals (aka higher DVs) than regular mons.

First Shiny i caught in my life was a Shiny Oddish in my savefile of Y. I was walking around Route 6 looking for an Oddish to catch and after a few encounters, a green oddish came out and i was dutifully prepared with some Pokeballs to simply get it without harming it. It was worth the balls.

Back