• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Five Nights At Freddy's 3: The Freddening

Who's the scariest animatronic?

• Total voters

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    My name is Springtrap

Well, this is unexpected.
    (In case you don't know, Scott's 2 boys are his beta testers)
    So... is the murderer's name Springtrap? Is it the name of the guy visiting the attraction? Is it the last name of the Phone Guy? It's certainly important, but what might it mean?

Also I pity his kids. They get to test out all the jump scares. XD

WAIT. There's a censored bar there... maybe there's a second animatronic-like thing called Springtrap! Really what is that thing? It's very long, way too long to be Springtrap.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    "He" seems to be the animatronic for sure, but we have that weird string of 14 stars. (This might not actually be a thing, but 1+4 is 5, ie the number of nights in the title. #funfactsnotfun) Springtrap doesn't seem like a name for an animatronic, but I mean we did have Mangle which is also an odd name. I personally think Springtrap would be the mystery feature, given this is a horror attraction it's probably spring loaded traps.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Regarding the name Springtrap, it may mean this animatronic is ment to be a Springhare.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedetes

Springhares are actual rodents while rabbits and true hares are lagomorphs, so if we work off the assumption this new animatronic existed prior to both FNaF 1 and 2, it was possibly scrapped over the course of the series' story as it would make sense not too many people would know what springhares may be and might mistake them as a strange-looking rabbit. However they used the basic design to create Bonnie later on.

BTW did anyone check out the two videos I linked before? I wanted to get people's thoughts on those since they both do shed some light onto Springtrap a little, if one assumes that the in accordance to the Marionette theory that Marionette possesses Springtrap (or whoever/whatever was manipulating marionette uses sai puppet to use springtrap as a puppet) to become what we see in FNaF3.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    "He" seems to be the animatronic for sure, but we have that weird string of 14 stars. (This might not actually be a thing, but 1+4 is 5, ie the number of nights in the title. #funfactsnotfun) Springtrap doesn't seem like a name for an animatronic, but I mean we did have Mangle which is also an odd name. I personally think Springtrap would be the mystery feature, given this is a horror attraction it's probably spring loaded traps.

This may be true, but the thing did read "My name is springtrap", not "its name" or whatever. I think it's more of a possessive pronoun.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    This may be true, but the thing did read "My name is springtrap", not "its name" or whatever. I think it's more of a possessive pronoun.
    Pretty much everything Freddy's related that's mechanical seems to get possessed. In fact, Balloon Boy doesn't even have an endoskeloton if you look at the air duct shot. So it stands to reason that if there are traps, they might be possessed, and therefore have self awareness of some sort. Especially if they were made using the spare parts of old animatronics. Also, something interesting, maybe a stretch, (actually I'm pretty sure it is a stretch but whatever it's fun to theorize) but Springtrap has only 2 vowels, i and a. Only one unit has that combination of vowels in that order, and you know what, she hasn't appeared in any form in any of the previews.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
    And we all thought Golden Bonnie/Spring Trap/whatever was the only threat here......WE WERE ALL FUCKING WRONG.

*Whimpers* And then everybody screams in terror as soon as they saw him,

SPECULATION/THEORY TIME!!!!!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    And we all thought Golden Bonnie/Spring Trap/whatever was the only threat here......WE WERE ALL FUCKING WRONG.

But how is that even possible? We saw Balloon Boy's mask with the rest of the toy animatronics in the box. Could this be because the guys behind the horror attraction didn't consider Balloon Boy as an animatronic and sees him more as a prop than anything?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years

Oh gosh darn it Balloon Boy.

Wait... those are the same eyes Golden Bonnie has... and those teeth...

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    What if it isn't balloon boy, but the animatronic wearing the balloon boy mask like I theorized might be a thing that happens?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Here's a brighten-up version of the teaser image:

What could the 10 mean? A countdown to the game's release? The number of cameras in the building? The number of animatronic masks?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    The demo has been released to some YTers it seems. The game looks amazing and I can't wait to play it myself!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The demo has been released to some YTers it seems. The game looks amazing and I can't wait to play it myself!

It looks incredible. Seems this time you're fighting more against yourself (as both the man behind the cameras and the player) than the animatronic(s). Super excited! :)))

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years

The demo.....*Looks at Steam page* Yeah, right......

But the full game is released on Steam! And it's popular too. That already means it's gonna sell like hot-pockets. I think. Anyways, for those who are gonna buy the game, go here.

EDIT BEFORE POSTING: Ah, come on! Someone beat me to it!

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
    I checked the TV Tropes page for FNAF3 and then I saw that there was another picture was also uploaded......
    I was not happy and frightened by what I saw.

'It's all in your mind'......?

Oh dear.

So, I guess I should mention that I'm currently watching a LP video with my little sister of this. Gonna have to put these into spoilers.....
    Spoiler:

TL;DR Five Nights at Freddy's 3 is scary.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    A youtuber named xxProClassGamerxx has finished beating FNaF3; I'll post a link to his lets play on the first night just to be safe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grsru0sPLL8

Spoiler:

Back