• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Fourth Gen Platinum Music Awards: Voting!

Which is your favorite music from 4th gen?

• Spear Pillar

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Battle! Dialga/Palkia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunnyshore City (Daytime)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lake

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Battle! Champion Cynthia

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Battle! Ho-Oh

• Mt. Coronet

• Battle! Galatic Boss Cyrus

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Battle! Gym Leader

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Canalave City

• Battle! Frontier Brain

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Champion Cynthia (pre-battle)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Route 216 (Daytime)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024

4th Generation
    Platinum Music Awards
    Introduction
    Hello all, and welcome to Fourth Generation's Music Awards! Fourth Generation has gorgeous music throughout all of it's games. I'm curious to hear what the Pok?Community's favorite Fourth Generation video game track! There is no specific theme for this, so you're able to nominate any music track from Fourth Generation.

How this works
    You're free to nominate any one of your favorite tracks, or any other track that you think deserved the spotlight! After the nomination period, the next phase will be voiting. Every track that has been nominated will be up for a vote! Everyone can vote for a maximum of two tracks. In the end, which ever track has the most votes, will be declared the winner!

Prizes
    The winning track will be:
    • Featured in the Fourth Generation's Splash
    • Given a tweet on the Twitter page
    • Posted on the Facebook page

Timeline
    • Nominations: Nov 2nd - Nov 9th
    • Voting: Nov 9th - Nov 16th
    • Winner declared: Nov 17th

Nomination Form
    [b]Nominee:[/b] Name of the track
    [b]Link to Video:[/b] Link or embed a video of your track!
    [b]Why:[/b] Explain to the voters why you chose this track!

If you have any questions, please PM tokyodrift!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Nominee: Spear Pillar

Link to Video:

Why: This was always one of the more iconic tracks of 4th Gen to me. It's this sort of mix of foreboding and epic that's perfect for the place it plays in. You're about to start the climax of the Sinnoh games' story: the final showdown with Team Galactic to put a stop to Cyrus's plans, as well as encounter a Pokemon that borders on being a god. The addition of the wind (you are on top of a very tall mountain after all) is a nice touch too imo.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Nominee: Battle! Dialga/Palkia

Link to Video:

Why: With the conclusion of Cyrus's plans, the beginning piano cleanses the heart and rids your mind of everything while you prepare for an epic battle with the rulers of Time or Space. It all feels like a Sci-Fi film and the pianos present really showcase that in this theme. Not to mention 1:56 - 2:07 STILL gives me the chills to this day. Everything about this theme is so calming and makes it very memorable.

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
    Years
  • Nominee: Sunnyshore City (Daytime)
    Link to Video:

Why: I feel it sets the tone perfectly for the city you're in. Your journey is almost over. Team Galactic is defeated, the world is saved, you almost have your last gym badge, and the Pokémon League is just around the corner. The higher pitch and cheery tone of the song gives a great air of "You're so close!", and is probably my favorite overworld theme in the game.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Nominee: Lake
    Link to video:

Why: This music itself is so calm and relaxing, and suits the setting just so well. For me it's the most iconic track of dppt, I even think it's a one of the best representations of sinnoh itself, and with it being one of the earliest tracks the player hears, I feel it sets the tone for a good portion of the game. It's also the track, for me, that shows the huge step up in quality of music between the 3rd and 4th gens and the capabilities of the ds.

Years
  • Nominee: Cynthia's Theme
    Link to Video:

Why and what for: Cynthia may not be my favorite Champion or even in the top ten, but I will admit that Cynthia definitely was done justice with her theme. It places a sense of urgency on the player and seems to speed the battle along. Coupled with the ominous undertones towards the end of the loop give the song an eerie feeling of dread that seems to encompass her Pokémon choices well. The music is very upbeat and one of the better and more memorable Champion themes. It's easy to listen to and doesn't involve too much grain. It's leagues better than Steven's theme in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nominee: HGSS Ho-Oh Battle Theme
    Link to Video:

Why: Come on, this track is amazing and a perfect fit for Ho-Oh (especially the start).

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2020
    Nominee: Spear Pillar - Pokemon Diamond
    Link to Video:
    Why: The sheer Epicness of the song is enough for me. It also reminds me of the PMD Explorers soundtrack which by far is the best soundtrack so far in Pokemon games.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Nominee: Mt. Coronet
    Link to Video:

Why: Well, I think D/P/Pt's plot were pretty deep. The whole "reseting the world to 0" and "creating a new world" theme always made me excited. When you're climbing through Mt.Coronet to desperately stop Team Galactic, while listening to these theme, I can't help but feel more stressed. I feel like the "whole universe" is in danger and your protagonist has to reach the peak as fast as he/she can, to save the world. This theme conveys feelings of desesperation and fear, as well as determination. I felt like Mt.Coronet was some sort of "test" that you needed to pass to finally battle Team Galactic. I love how the music starts calm and slow and then builds up to an amazing and tense theme. D/P/Pt had amazing music, but this is one of my favourites!

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Nominee: Battle! (Team Galactic Boss)
    Video:

Why: Cyrus' battle theme is honestly my favorite of the antagonistic team battle themes. It's such an awesome track, and does a good job, IMO, of conveying to the player that you have to defeat someone who's hellbent on completely destroying your world.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Are we missing something here?

Nominee: Battle! Gym Leader
    Link to Video:
    Why: Its the best GL theme in series history, upbeat, magical, wonderful, etc. Hits the "this battle is important" theme very nicely.

Years
  • Nominee: Battle! Frontier Brain

Why: I always get this nice feeling inside my body when fightning the frontier brains my heart just keeps hitting a beat with pressure Since i don't want to lose! i want to win and show that frontier brain who's boss!

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Nominations end tomorrow! Get those nominations in!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Nominee: Champion Cynthia (pre-battle)

Why: The combination of the piano and Cynthia's room (especially in Platinum due to the black pallet) gives the pre-battle speech a foreboding feeling in my opinion. At the same time, it strikes me as peaceful, as if you're simply talking to a friend. She's friendly yes, but at the same time she's immensely powerful; this is what I'm getting from Cynthia's leitmotif.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Nominee: Route 216
    Link to Video:
    Why: You walk into this snowy area and the music is all slow and calm, and then it just gets all fast and jazzy. It's really catchy. That's about it, I don't really know how to explain it from a story perspective.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    The poll has been added. Please remember you may vote for a maximum of two tracks! Happy voting!

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Only one more day before the poll closes! Get those votes in to make sure your favorite track wins!

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Looks like we have a clear winner! Battle! Champion Cynthia has won the Platinum Music Awards~!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back