• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I think they'll start to move away from more pokemon reveals and focus more on features as the games get closer, and then maybe 1 or no information in November.

I think they're still going to drip-feed new Pokemon since once new Pokemon reveals started for the last two generations it usually never stopped. October is also the month I'm expecting the starters' middle evolutions since they are usually held off until the month before game release, at least most of the time.

and yay 38k posts

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I think they're still going to drip-feed new Pokemon since once new Pokemon reveals started for the last two generations it usually never stopped. October is also the month I'm expecting the starters' middle evolutions since they are usually held off until the month before game release, at least most of the time.

and yay 38k posts
    I think they'll still show pokemon, but not 6-7 at a time. probably 5 or less from this point on.

blue

gucci
    Years
    They also have Worlds and CoroCoro for August news making it 3 opportunities for new info. Going by previous reveals then I'd probably say the August trailer will focus on new Pokemon followed by CoroCoro focusing on the other Island(s) as promised. As for Worlds, I'm not too sure what usually gets revealed there but we could get something new?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    What role, if any do you think the legends would play?

If you think about it, Magma already tried the whole screw nature for more land for humans thing...

I think it would be along the lines of Natural vs Tech. We thought this was the case with BW, but it really wasn't. Not 100% anyway. The rainbow prophecy is a bit different. We would be protecting nature. I am not 100% sure how the mascots would play into it. Magma wanted to create land so that pokemon and humans could live together. Not really technology. The evil team would just want to destroy forests, natural habitats, ect to make room for buildings and what not.

But currently there is too little we know. So it is impossible to tell if it is the Rainbow Prophecy. Currently the only idea we have is that pokemon who are based off extinct or endangered pokemon will come back and walk this land with the different colored children and become the guardians of the world. Colors referring to the Rainbow. Which is why it is called the rainbow prophecy. It also says that if the path of technology is taken, the world will be brought to destruction or something like that. And right now. Tech vs Nature is possible with the steel types and the artificial island.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I kinda remember seeing the Rainbow Prophecy being mentioned somewhere in this forum, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember seeing Zygarde being mentioned in the theory as well. Which would fit, Zygarde is supposed to fix ecosystems when they fall apart and there's the "rainbow" coloring in its chest, plus there's a hint of rainbow aurora coloring in its Core Enforcer signature move. Solgaleo and Lunala would fit into the whole thing because like I said earlier in another thread, you absolutely cannot have life on Earth without the sun and the moon. I'm not sure how the island guardians would fit... but I wonder if there's some sort of hierarchy system for ecosystem protection levels that goes something like this:

Sun=Solgaleo, Moon=Lunala ---> Zygarde=Earth ---> Island Guardians=Alola Islands

Years
    I was busy going back looking at the XY news archives and at this point we had 26 new Pokemon revealed, along with Mega Mewtwo Y (who was promoted as just a new form back then) which is actually very close to the 25 Pokemon for SM revealed so far. I would count 10% and Complete Zygarde but it's just a new form of an older Pokemon.

SM had a news drought from March-May but seems to have caught up with XY a lot once the Alola starters reveal happened.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I know people are looking at the number of Pokemon revealed as some kind of indication of how many Pokemon we'll get but the 5th generation revealed about 56 Pokemon before release. Not that much more than were revealed for the 6th generation and yet the total new Pokemon for each gen was vastly different.

I feel like they'd probably reveal a similar amount of Pokemon regardless of how many new ones we were actually getting. (Somewhere between 40 and 60 probably)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Sounds good...
    so long as the middle evos confirmed too.

Popplio = Qualladin or Pignite = No buy

(Not really...probably)
    Lately the middle evos have been revealed in the month of release (Gen V), or the month prior (Gen VI). So, I am not expecting middle evolutions until October, or even November. 3 days now...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    According to serebi, it is said that Pokemon will have a spot at Gamescom. It said that there would be a Pokken Turny and The Battle Director would be there for some insight on the pokemon world and that there might be a surprise. This takes place on the 17th - 21st of August in Germany.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Seeing a dark type gym would be amazing! That would definitely boost S/M on my favorites list.

Years
    So in August, we got 4 things to watch out for:

- August 1st announcement on the websites
    - CoroCoro
    - Gamescom in Germany
    - Worlds in the US

Daayyyuuuuuuuummmm....

If July was already a huge month of new Pokemon reveals I think August will be another huge one. Especially with the next issue of CoroCoro showing us more about Alola.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

- CoroCoro
    - Gamescom in Germany
    - Worlds in the US

Daayyyuuuuuuuummmm....

That isn't even counting the possible blind side trailer we might get. We can also look forward to a trailer if new pokemon are shown in Corocoro.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023

- CoroCoro
    - Gamescom in Germany
    - Worlds in the US

Daayyyuuuuuuuummmm....

To think that that probably isn't even much compared to other months XD
    Well hopefully we get something good at each reveal. Also I'll update the OP.

blue

gucci
    Years
    If the directors turn up to one of these events then it's definitely possible they could reveal a new Pokemon. It's happened before and depending on what gets revealed on Monday, I think we could be in for quite a good month for news in August.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back