• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    It says Southern Islands, I wonder if I am correct and there is indeed one other island to the south of Alola. Most islands have a spot from hawaii, but one island was missing in the Alola map, if you count the cloud veiled one that was in the northeast.

This island is the long island and would go perfectly to the south of Alola to complete the circle. Or whatever shape you want to call it. But it would completely surrond the artificial island if the long island is to the south.

Anyway, according to what I have seen June 16th did not have anything at all and it looks like we only got the 2 new pokemon from Corocoro.

I have a feeling we might be hitting a slow new period soon, other than with Corocoro and the trailers we get sometimes. Maybe sometime at the Worlds, but I have no idea when those are.

I was just thinking the same thing lol. I don't really care if new pokemon slow down, but I at least want some new megas to be shown.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Jeez, I almost forgot about Worlds happening next month. Since CoroCoro(and the official website will most likely update before then with the same info), I wonder if they'll show something at Worlds as well.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Yeah. right now I just mainly want to see more of the world and the evil team and maybe a gym leader, or a confirmation that the game will stay mostly the same or be different from the others.

Years
    Yeah. right now I just mainly want to see more of the world and the evil team and maybe a gym leader, or a confirmation that the game will stay mostly the same or be different from the others.

I think the mention of Island Trials at E3 may be giving that "no Gyms rumor" in the Chinese leak some credibility because it did also mention a Poison/Fire Pokemon was introduced (Salandit) and the gems used for super-powered moves mechanic.

Plus, as shown with GO's popularity people want more innovation and fresh ideas in Pokemon and most players of GO were people who got bored of the main series being so "samey" so ditching traditional Gyms in favor of these trials may be part of that approach.

Years
    I think the mention of Island Trials at E3 may be giving that "no Gyms rumor" in the Chinese leak some credibility because it did also mention a Poison/Fire Pokemon was introduced (Salandit) and the gems used for super-powered moves mechanic.

Plus, as shown with GO's popularity people want more innovation and fresh ideas in Pokemon and most players of GO were people who got bored of the main series being so "samey" so ditching traditional Gyms in favor of these trials may be part of that approach.

I am also really thinking that leak was credible. There was like a 1/350 shot of giving a correct typing right before Salandit was revealed. Also, as you know I want that Popplio (and Rowlett) evolution to be real!

I actually was a bit hesitant reading "no gyms" at first. Then soon after I thought deviating away from gyms is maybe exactly what pokemon needs to revolutionize the games. The idea of building one's own gym is interesting as well as having online potential. It seems like you would invite friends to be the other gym leaders to make up your league...or the other gym leaders arrive after the e4 as a part of the post-game. That would be crazy to defeat the e4 and THEN the gym leaders. Either way, if this is valid I totally welcome something new.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    Man...this is the first I've heard of the "no gyms" thing, I'm really not sure what to think of that...but if that leak got Salandit and the "super move" thing right, it may be real...

I'll let time sort itself out and wait to see what I really think of how that's going to work, if it it's real; I won't make any preemptive judgements. :) Perhaps it'll turn out to be a revolutionary change that works out well for the series.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Even though I don't believe any rumors and leaks until proven true by a credible source, I wouldn't mind a new formula that is something different yet similar to the Gyms. Like I've said before, I really liked the Colosseum and Mt. Battle features in the GameCube games.

blue

gucci
    Years
    A Mt. Battle style battle system would actually be really cool for a main-series game. It wasn't something that became repetitive after a short amount of time and the challenge actually steadily increased the further up you went. I'm not entirely sure whether Gyms will be returning or not, but that would sure make for a good substitute.

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
    While the progression through the main story line (Collecting all the badges, fighting a criminal Organization, catching a Legendary pokemon) is indeed important, the majority of my time is dealt in the post game. Currently I have almost 500 Hours on Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and I think 20 of those hours was spent on the main story.

Therefore, any design choices that improve the Post game are personally more valuable to me than any other changes. (Besides the few obvious ones, such as bringing back Pokemon Following you, etc)

So if the exclusion of Gyms somehow improves the post game, either by replacing it with something better or makes the game harder (Which quite frankly, Pokemon is in desperate need of. The Games' Older Audience has grown quite significantly and the games should compensate by either adding a difficulty setting or add more challenging features into the game. I mean technically Mega Evolution and the new Synchro moves or whatever they're called are nerfs to the game's difficulty.) Then I'm all for it. admittedly, the thought of losing the tradition of going to the Gyms is somewhat saddening, but like I said if it replaces it with something better or is atleast something unique to the Alola Region to make Sun and Moon Special then I'm all for it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    It isn't proven to be creditable at all. Poison/Fire was a very much wanted typing, of course we are going to get ti eventually, especially with new combinations coming out. And when you think of volcanoes, you usually think of Fire and Poison. The super power moves were already going in that direction before the leaks even came, of course it will possibly be right, because it was obvious that was what was going to happen.

You got 3 sources saying almost the same exact thing and 3 different languages, they are copying each other. Nothing more. Having no gyms is a step in the wrong direction I think. It honestly, I am not a fan of the idea one bit.

And if those final evolutions were real, they wouldn't have just disappeared. they would have disappeared a week or so after they popped up. Not a month or two after they first pop up.

And although I like Mt. Battle, it takes way to long to do and too much time has to be put into the games. And that in my opinion is also a mistake. They are making the games easier because people don't want to spend so much time on them. They said that directly. Mt. Battle is a step in the wrong direction. And how was it not repetitive? It was basically a battle tower. You defeat a trainer. You move one. Defeat another trainer, you move on. How in the heck is that less repetitive than what we already have? I am not a fan of systems like that. I loved White Forest/Black City in Pokemon BW2. But I only enjoyed it because I did it a few times. Not to mention it could get very annoying at points.

A lot of people who play Pokemon games, are the ones who play it because they like the format. Changing it too much, would probably make a lot of people quit playing, especially if it takes an increased amount of time. And they are still doing fine, still selling a massive amount of copies. Also don't forget that a lot of people complained because the Red/Blue re releases were too difficult and annoying to play.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Next month's issue is the first time I actually believe we'll get something from corocoro with little doubts, and trust me the first teases of info made me have a lot of doubts. However, these past two issues had new mons, plus they're slightly hyping up the next issue.

Years
    Next month's issue is the first time I actually believe we'll get something from corocoro with little doubts, and trust me the first teases of info made me have a lot of doubts. However, these past two issues had new mons, plus they're slightly hyping up the next issue.

I think they are seemingly trying to hype us up, and that's why we've had less 7th Gen Pokemon revealed in CoroCoro so far as opposed to a trailer. It's an approach that seems to work, plus I could expect something major regarding the games getting revealed next month because I recall Mega Evolution was revealed during August as well. CoroCoro even hyped up that reveal as the "scoop of the century".

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    From Serebii:

In The Games Department
    Pokémon Sun & Moon

It has been confirmed that the next batch of Pokémon Sun & Moon information is to be released on the official sites tinught at 22:00 JST, which is 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT & 06:00 PDT. It's not currently known what information will be revealed at this time but be sure to keep checking back for news.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    From Serebii:

In The Games Department
    Pokémon Sun & Moon

It has been confirmed that the next batch of Pokémon Sun & Moon information is to be released on the official sites tinught at 22:00 JST, which is 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT & 06:00 PDT. It's not currently known what information will be revealed at this time but be sure to keep checking back for news.

I had enough with New pokemon , I even seen fakemon better designed then some of new pokemon.
    I hope the Next news will be about New Synchiro attack , New villainous Team , Gymleader/Island trial , New Mega evolution Or New Mechanics.

blue

gucci
    Years
    That's literally under an hour a way which is much quicker than I expected. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the news and I'm hoping to see the fate of these Gym Leaders.

Years
    Famon is right, some of the new Pokemon designs have been..um...different and I think we've seen quite a few new Pokemon recently so personally I'd like to learn some more about the region and the evil team in this news.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    A buncha new Pokemon shown and the names for Mimikyu (stays the same) and the bear (Bewear) Looked like the training thing is also back.

New bug, a new plant, a Lei like Pokemon and a Clydesdale Horse~

Disguise looks like it may be a substitute like ability

We'll be able to host our own competitions as well. Also states that Gen 6's Global Link site will close down in favor of Sun and Moon.

Years
    Okay this is literally what I didn't want haha... we don't need to know so many Pokemon cause it kinda ruins the game when it gets released, hyper training is cool though.

Years
    We'll be able to host our own competitions as well. Also states that Gen 6's Global Link site will close down in favor of Sun and Moon.

I expected the Global Link would undergo a generation change process because we had Dream World and 5th Gen Global Link close down when X/Y were coming out, so it made sense the Global Link will be changing again for 7th Gen.

Anyways, Mimikyu and Bewear (hahahaha that punny name) look good in-game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back