• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think if Masuda is attending then it is likely that he will announce a new Pokemon or Alolan form. He has done the same in past events which have led to reveals in a similar fashion!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I expected Gamescon would be an opportunity to showcase something, although the claim of "gameplay footage" makes me believe it might be another recap. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong though!

I wouldn't look too much into it. Pretty much any kind of trailer reveal is going to have "gameplay footage".

I mean any time we get a new Pokemon reveal we also see "gameplay footage" of it in action.

"Another" recap? When did we get the first one?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    According to Serebii, there will be gameplay footage shown at Gamescom on Thursday. 17:00 CEST. Hopefully it's more than just a recap of sorts!

Awesome! That's the day I get home!

If Ash-Greninja (or Rainbow Greninja, or whatever they want to call it, really) doesn't happen by the time Worlds starts, then I think it's safe to assume that particular leak is debunked, right?
    Let's hope so for the good of pokemon!

Years
    If Ash-Greninja (or Rainbow Greninja, or whatever they want to call it, really) doesn't happen by the time Worlds starts, then I think it's safe to assume that particular leak is debunked, right?

I guess you could call it debunked if such a reveal doesn't happen. Anyways, with Gamescon happening tomorrow we will have to pay attention to the four relevant leaks and see if what's shown will be related to what was shared in said leak.

blue

gucci
    Years
    There was an NPC standing with a Delibird, Guzma uses an Ariados, and then Ledyba can be caught in the first Route. I think they're the only Johto Pokemon seen so far but I would also like to see some Alola Forms for them.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'm still holding out hope for Johto starter Megas, or even Alola Formes for that matter. I think the Johto starters have always been my favorite.

There's supposed to be a "surprise" at Gamescom, it'll be interesting to see what it is. I hope it's a genuine surprise that will knock our socks off, I haven't been disappointed yet by SM reveals so far.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm looking forward to seeing what they have planned for tomorrow. It is gameplay footage and regardless of whether that reveals something new or not, we get to see parts of the game we haven't seen before in live action.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    And finding out more about Alola forms and what they're all about...

I don't understand what is the big deal about Alolan Forms, they're just Pokémons that adapted to Alola's weather and conditions, just like real animals evolve/adapt to different regions of Earth. There is nothing to discover about these forms, they're just adapted forms to a new region of the world.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't understand what is the big deal about Alolan Forms, they're just Pokémons that adapted to Alola's weather and conditions, just like real animals evolve/adapt to different regions of Earth. There is nothing to discover about these forms, they're just adapted forms to a new region of the world.

They are basically new pokemon, but old pokemon. Alolan Ninetails and Normal Ninetails are 2 totally different pokemon, being completely opposite and the designs are just amazing.

That is why they are so popular. Not to mention people have wanted them for a while and that they are basically Delta Species from the TCG.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It will be interesting to see what wild Pokemon are available in Alola assuming we get to see some battles in the gameplay tomorrow. If they don't show any new Pokemon then at least we'll get to see some of the older Pokemon that can be caught.

Years
    I just want confirmation or something that the Alola forms aren't Kanto only. ;___; I mean, I've kinda resigned to the fact that it'll most likely be the case and I'm ready to accept it, but it'll just be a huge bummer.

I am in the same boat as you, since I get a bit tired of 1st Gen pandering with how much Kanto references were in X/Y. If a new Alola Form does get showcased, hopefully it will make or break my assumption on if they really will be 1st Gen-only or not.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Don't get me wrong, I think Alola form are a great idea for giving old Pokémons a new life, and I love the design!
    But I've seen many people speculating about how those forms can be triggered during battles or I don't know, but it is specifically written on their website that these are wild Pokémons that just adapted, this is no special capacity or anything like that.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Kinda off topic, but any leak that says split starter evolutions will be in game is 99% fake, as we saw the pokedex had 2 (Count them, 2) spots for extra pokemon, not 3/4.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back