• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Some people watched the entire thing? Did they show anything else interesting? I just waited for the new info to be posted and slept through it :p

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well that was slightly underwhelming, although that could be a kinda nice thing. We've been getting a ton lately, and I kinda wanna ease into the S/M release period, since I'm getting the games so late :(

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Tortunator is love. Tortunator is life.

Judging by the name and design, it looks to be based on a gladiator and a tortoise.

I would say more in the lines of Tortoise and Terminator. Not sure what 'U' is for though.

I also looked up Dragon Turtle, which this pokemon might also be based on, which is chinese mythology.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Has there been any hints towards surprise reveals or trailers for Worlds this weekend? It seems like a great opportunity for them to make a new announcement, hopefully!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Has there been any hints towards surprise reveals or trailers for Worlds this weekend? It seems like a great opportunity for them to make a new announcement, hopefully!

Unless the 21st rumor is true, I don't think so.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    A new pokemon Crabrawler was just shown!
    Edit: Hinted at more news through the week
    Future News dates

Also, new cards for Solgaleo and Lunala were shown, and they appear to have a feature similar to Z moves.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Here are the Sandcastles Pokémons, the new Crab, and another Pokémon revealed in youtube!

EDIT: Can't seem to make it work, so watch it HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Crabrawler better have an Ability that gives it +9 priority when it fights one of the VGC Big 6. What a cute way to reveal this little guy.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I wasn't expecting it to be shown on the first day of the Worlds. So I wonder if something else will come out at the end of the Worlds?

I am still expecting there to be something else this month, maybe not. But this did fall on the 19th last last month's did.

Something tells me there will be one more trailer this month. It might be small as Tortonator's trailer, but something. I guess we will see.

Years
    So, we know it will be September soon and it was around that time during XY pre-release we had Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie's middle evolutions revealed. My likely guess for Rowlet, Litten and Popplio's middle evolutions is September or October so I hope they get revealed soon.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I wasn't expecting it to be shown on the first day of the Worlds. So I wonder if something else will come out at the end of the Worlds?

I am still expecting there to be something else this month, maybe not. But this did fall on the 19th last last month's did.

Something tells me there will be one more trailer this month. It might be small as Tortonator's trailer, but something. I guess we will see.
    I believe they hinted at more news during the week.
    So, we know it will be September soon and it was around that time during XY pre-release we had Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie's middle evolutions revealed. My likely guess for Rowlet, Litten and Popplio's middle evolutions is September or October so I hope they get revealed soon.
    That would be awesome! Can't wait.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    My guess is November itself as we got another corocoro that month.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Doesn't seem like there will be any events next month but we've always got CoroCoro. It seems like that has been a reliable news source for new info with S/M so I'll remain hopeful for next month's issue! I'm pretty sure it will be the issue that reveals the secret behind Rockruff's evolution?

Years
    My guess is November itself as we got another corocoro that month.

I think that out of my two guesses (September and October) I could say the starter middle evolutions would be more probable in October. Having them come out in an issue of CoroCoro that comes out only three days before the game release would be a bit too short for people to adjust to how their evolution lines will go since it's expected a lot of people will be buying the game on release day, and for those who aren't there's the holiday season the following month.

If I recall, Dewott, Servine and Pignite (Unova starters' middle evos) were revealed officially only three days before Black & White's release in Japan and I felt that didn't give enough time to get used to before you got the game, except if you were outside of Japan in which you had to wait for March 2011 which would have given more than enough time to get used to them.

Revealing the Alola starter middle evos in October would keep it similar in line with the Kalos starter middle evos being revealed in September, so they can keep it close to release but not in too short of a timeframe that we can't adjust to them just before we start playing. Rockruff will be the focus of September's CoroCoro which is another factor of why I'm expecting it in October.

Last edited:

Years
    I think that out of my two guesses (September and October) I could say the starter middle evolutions would be more probable in October. Having them come out in an issue of CoroCoro that comes out only three days before the game release would be a bit too short for people to adjust to how their evolution lines will go since it's expected a lot of people will be buying the game on release day, and for those who aren't there's the holiday season the following month.

If I recall, Dewott, Servine and Pignite (Unova starters' middle evos) were revealed officially only three days before Black & White's release in Japan and I felt that didn't give enough time to get used to before you got the game, except if you were outside of Japan in which you had to wait for March 2011 which would have given one enough time to get used to them.

Revealing the Alola starter middle evos in October would keep it similar in line with the Kalos starter middle evos being revealed in September, so they can keep it close to release but not in too short of a timeframe that we can't adjust to them just before we start playing. Rockruff will be the focus of September's CoroCoro which is another factor of why I'm expecting it in October.

Except that the September 2013 release was also the last issue for XY, seeing how they came out before the November issue (October release). So, for the past two gens the middle starters have tended to be be revealed in Corocoro, in the last possible issue. This time SM falls into the same scenario as Gen V did.

Years
    Except that the September 2013 release was also the last issue for XY, seeing how they came out before the November issue (October release). So, for the past two gens the middle starters have tended to be be revealed in Corocoro, in the last possible issue. This time SM falls into the same scenario as Gen V did.

The difference is that with the Unova starter middle evos is that outside of Japan we did take more time to adjust since it was still the days when international versions came out months after Japan, but since we're talking about a worldwide release for everywhere except Europe on November 18th and CoroCoro tends to release on the 15th, we'll only have three days to get to know the Alola starters' middle evos before a lot of people likely start playing.

They could change up the pattern this time around, though. Pikipek's evolution is something I could see get revealed in September or October as well.

Years
    The difference is that with the Unova starter middle evos is that outside of Japan we did take more time to adjust since it was still the days when international versions came out months after Japan, but since we're talking about a worldwide release for everywhere except Europe on November 18th and CoroCoro tends to release on the 15th, we'll only have three days to get to know the Alola starters' middle evos before a lot of people likely start playing.

They could change up the pattern this time around, though. Pikipek's evolution is something I could see get revealed in September or October as well.

You're forgetting that GF focuses a lot on their home market (Japan), so if they were willing to give the Japanese fans only three days to pick a starter based on their middle evolutions, I can easily see them willing to do so to the worldwide fans. Besides, I'm sure that they've caught on to the fact that Corocoro leaks days early by now, so we'll actually have 8-5 days. The same goes for a video reveal...some of them have been leaked a day or two earlier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back