• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

G/S remake petition thread PC version. If you don't post, you don't care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    1) did i ever say it was going to be easy? I said we're going to be needed alot more than these signatures to get a remake, made.
    2) Why post here, if you're going to be negative and pessimistic about this? It seems pointless to try to pull down peoples hope like that.

Ok, I'm about to post what I said on another website.

I'm getting really tired of all this,"online petition don't work" stuff. So what if they don't? There no point in not trying. To the people who signed do you think you've wasted your time? If so how much time have you really wasted? What 1 maybe 2 minutes? You've got to realize, if you believe there is no point in signing an online petition, then why do you bother in criticizing it?

If you believe people wasted time writing essentially one word, signs, then your wasting even more time in voice your opinion against something already in motion. Are you hoping that we're going to make an 180 and just turn and stop? Even you won't believe that someone would stop a petition because of criticism.

Now people have many logical points to why they believe this won't happen but they said it in a way as though they weren't talking to children but to people who have something they want and know it and are willing to try to do something about it. Then there are people who talk down to us with a couple of sentence that may have been explained (some not though) but with so much anger and disdain that it's really making me sick.

Of course I'm not saying you can't voice your opinion, everyone has a right to say whatever they want but consider what I've just said. We sacrifice little and if we don't succeed people may be a bit depressed but there not going to ball there eyes out for a month because of it. OK? Everyone got that?

(Now I'm talking again) This is how I felt when people said it's a waste of time. Even if this doesn't work, you'll have to admit, this is pretty epic that 530 people got together and signed this thing.

Yea seriously, if you don't have anything supportive to say about this petitions, then dont say anything at all, Sure ther is a chance it may not work but were gonna try anyways, if you don't have anything nice just to say then just GTFO,

Thats Life, Just pointing it out

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Yea seriously, if you don't have anything supportive to say about this petitions, then dont say anything at all, Sure ther is a chance it may not work but were gonna try anyways, if you don't have anything nice just to say then just GTFO,

Thats Life, Just pointing it out

Nowhere in the rules does it say that people aren't allowed to post dissenting opinions. Of course, if the staff come in and say so, I'll gladly stop. But I don't see why actually discussing this is bad, but "omgerZ teH G0lD is r0xrz! i sizgn!" is good.

Let's just pretend that those of us who don't believe in this petition don't have anything inherently against the central idea, but more the method. Considering that online petitions are so easily exploited and thus aren't a reliable way of showing a demand and it takes almost no effort to sign one, something else needs to be done.

And the best way to do that is an actual letter, typed with a hand written signature. It shows that you took the time to put your thoughts onto a piece of paper, sign it with your name, and pay the postage. This takes effort, and shows that you'd back your cause, rather than almost passively signing some random online thing that may or may not be read by someone who matters.

Pokemon is a franchise that, if they thought they'd make money by doing X, they'd have X in production by tomorrow, and a plushie of it out next week. If there is a demand for a G/S remake, Gamefreak already knows it. If there isn't, they know that too.

And you say that people will just move on if it has no affect, but I've seen posters do otherwise. Many users of the Serebii forums declared 2008 a "disappointment" because of no G/S remake. And that's ridiculous, isn't it? Judging a franchise's success based on a game that was never set for release, or even set for production?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ALRIGHT!!! keep it going...we already have over 100 sign-ups!!!

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • hell yeah count me in. gold and silver were my favorite versions, beat johto then take on kanto, two games in one

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Actually, good idea to do this in April, because Pokemon USA doesn't care and tells us to wait until Platinum arrives... yeah, I tried for Bob's Game.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
    Years
  • u can put my name there...
    I would realy like a crystal remake... I love that game... and I still play it on emulator sometimes...
    if ppl who know how to get room gave me some tips about it I would get some tutorials and try to help in a remake...

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't want to turn into the Scrooge of PokéCommunity, so I'll sign.

However, I'd just like to tell you all that it'd be wise to listen to Gilgamesh. Although he may have made himself sound like a cynic throughout his critic-like posts, he does know what he's talking about. The chances of Nintendo taking something like this seriously is slim. Plus, we're a bunch of teenagers, and who listens to teenagers even if they're the target audience for the franchise? If I were Nintendo, I'd wait until Pokémon hit rock-bottom and then I'd release remakes of GSC to revitalise the market.

Also, you can all attack me and tell me to get the hell out because I don't support the idea, but you'll be wasting your time because Gilgamesh has already said all there is to say, which means I won't be replying to anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back