• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Galar Region Doggo

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • In every generation, we have always have some sort of regional doggo.

Our previous doggos have included:
    Kanto- Growlithe
    Johto- Houndour, Snubbull
    Hoenn- Poochyena, Electrike
    Sinnoh- Riolu
    Unova- Lillipup, Zorua
    Kalos- Furfrou
    Alola- Rockruff

What do you think Galar's doggo will turn out to be like? Typing? Etc.

If Galar's regional dog was a little Scottish Terrier I will squeal in joy. But I guess Lillipup's evolution line is kinda based on the Scottish Terrier so maybe not? What do you think?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2021
    Some of the most popular breeds in England are English Bull dogs, English Mastiffs, and Cocker/Springer Spaniels. Ooh! A Blood Hound would be AWESOME!!! There are a lot of terrier breeds, but we already have a terrier doggo, so that's out.

English Bull Dog: Some combination of Normal, Ground, or Steel type. This is just because the dog's build is so dense and strong, their bites are incredible, and they look like they can dig some epic holes. Maybe their under-bite teeth could be sticking out and be steel, thus the steel typing. It would be a good exclusive for Shield version!

English Mastiff: Fighting, Normal, or Dark (fighting being my least favorite for this particular breed, but it could work). Ground may work with this one too because of its sheer size, but I couldn't decide if Ground or Fighting would be more appropriate for the size. We just need more large and formidable doggo Pokemon with a solid defense.

Cocker/Springer/King Charles Spaniel: Grass, Fairy, Normal, or Flying. I think it would be interesting to try and make a dog a flying type, and I think these dogs would make great flying types since they move around so whimsically and free-like. Plus, their ears are so long and fluffy that it would make sense if they could fly. Plus, I don't think there are any other interesting types of doggo yet. I thought maybe grass/flying or fairy/flying would be a good type for this breed.

Blood Hound: I think a Normal/Psychic typing would be most interesting with this one. The Blood Hound is an incredible tracker, almost knowing where their prey is all the time, like an Oracle. Hence the psychic typing. Plus, it seems right to make a dog a normal type. AND! That would be a cool typing because it would eliminate so many weaknesses like Fighting and Ghost! I think it would be fantastic. If not that type, I think I'd accept any type coupled with Normal. Except dark or fire. We already have the fire one and I don't like the excessive weanesses associated with Normal/Dark.

Ya know, now that I think about it, I really just want to see another Normal/Psychic type. I loved that typing in Oranguru. I guess I'd also like to see maybe a more tank-like or wall doggo instead of a glass cannon sweeper.

Dogs are great, and I can't get enough of those Pokedoggos!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    C O R G I

It's the queen's doggo of choice, they have to

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • English Mastiff: Fighting, Normal, or Dark (fighting being my least favorite for this particular breed, but it could work). Ground may work with this one too because of its sheer size, but I couldn't decide if Ground or Fighting would be more appropriate for the size. We just need more large and formidable doggo Pokemon with a solid defense.
    I've always wanted a pug Pokemon in general, but one particular idea I've had is a pug that evolves into a Mastiff. They may not be related culturally (pugs are Chinese), but don't Mastiffs sort of look like giant pugs? :giggle:

Years
  • i gotta say, i really hope we get a corgi pokemon. it would be absolutely adorable :')

As far as typing goes...hm. Maybe.. Psychic? It'd be a nice change from normal at least.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2021
    I've always wanted a pug Pokemon in general, but one particular idea I've had is a pug that evolves into a Mastiff. They may not be related culturally (pugs are Chinese), but don't Mastiffs sort of look like giant pugs? :giggle:

Haha! Yeah! They do! The colors are the same. That'd be really fun!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Snubbull line should be one of the Pokemon for the region, imo. Arguably Houndour too for the bloodhound relation, although I reckon a new one would be more fitting there, and agreed that'd be cool.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    If there's no corgi I'll be really disappointed! I think it'd make a good Normal-type Route 1 dweller. A dark-type mastiff would be cool as well, but maybe unlikely since we already have Dark-type dog Houndoom. Maybe an unpopular choice of dog to like but an English bull terrier might make a good choice too (I used to not like them but then my friend got a puppy I fell in love with them lol)

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't like dogs, but Game Freak has made some really cool dog Pokemon, like Arcanine, Houndoom, Lucario, and Midnight Lycanroc. But there are some dog Pokemon that I don't like, like the Snubbull line and the Lillipup line. Either way, I'd be fine with either getting a new dog Pokemon with a good design, or no dog Pokemon at all.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I want to say English bulldog, but Snubbull is a bulldog, right? I wouldn't mind seeing another one, though. I mean we have a billion different kinds of cats, so why not two bulldogs?

Otherwise, an Old English Sheepdog might be fun. My parents used to have them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I feel a Corgi is the obvious choice, and as someone whose grown up with them as pets, I'd be so happy. I always remember when I was younger and would fake-play Pokemon I'd pretend my Corgi was a Growlithe because that seemed to match him the most, but getting an actual Corgi Pokemon would be incredible.

Back