• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GAME in UK to distribute Darkrai w/ Phantom Force

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
  • Started February 13th. GAME is distributing codes for Darkrai with the peculiar move Phantom Force. On my phone right now, but check Serebii for end date :pink_tongue:

No news yet for NA or even Japan.

Have you gotten yours yet? Any hassles?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Well at least the Europeans got something that neither the U.S. nor Japan has gotten yet: a Darkrai event. That being said, Phantom Force much of a good move for Darkrai per say. Sure only Dark types resist it this gen, but it's kinda redundant for Darkrai, for Dark moves provide the same properties as Ghost moves except STAB.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Darkrai is specially inclined... and Phantom Force isn't even STAB. This isn't even that decent of a giveaway.

Years
  • As people have said, a Ghost-type Attack with two turns isn't exciting for a Dark-type.

How about Night Daze (Zoroark's signature move) instead? That might make it a bit more interesting.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    About damn time. ^^ We're going down to get ours soon.

Though I wish they were distributing over wi-fi like they did before. Then you could just lurk outside the shop and download it. Going in and actually asking for it is scary. :(

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    GAME only...again. I really wish they would do online releases instead.

Yeah... but to be fair, with HMV moving away from the gaming market and GameStation closing down, what other dedicated video game stores do we even have anymore? :(

The Unova starters are still available online with codes I believe.

Years
  • Yeah... but to be fair, with HMV moving away from the gaming market and GameStation closing down, what other dedicated video game stores do we even have anymore? :(

The Unova starters are still available online with codes I believe.

I meant that It would be better if it was available via mystery gift online rather than a GAME exclusive.

Reactions: Kip

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I meant that It would be better if it was available via mystery gift online rather than a GAME exclusive.

Ah right, gotcha. They still might; a lot of events that was available in NA via. GameStop stores were made available online eventually. Mind you, international Darkrai release? *shudders* Local battles will never be the same...

Years
  • As others have said, Phantom Force isn't really a good move for Darkrai given Dark and Ghost have the same super-effective coverage. But still, it's nice to see Europeans getting a unique event for a change.

Reactions: Tek
    Years
  • I got a couple of Darkrai, one for each of the Gen VI games I have. I'm just glad this happened, I traded away my only Darkrai years ago for some reason. Plus this event means I finally have Enigma Berries!

pkmin3033

Yeah... but to be fair, with HMV moving away from the gaming market and GameStation closing down, what other dedicated video game stores do we even have anymore? :(
    Game Exchange?
    ...yeah, alright. Never mind. xD;

I'll be picking mine up next Monday; my local store has a Pokemon night every Wednesday and they've had every other event thus far, so it's a pretty safe bet they'll have this one too. Having no Darkrai at all right now, I don't care if Phantom Force is useless or not - I just need a replacement. This comes at a good time~

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well at least the Europeans got something that neither the U.S. nor Japan has gotten yet: a Darkrai event. That being said, Phantom Force much of a good move for Darkrai per say. Sure only Dark types resist it this gen, but it's kinda redundant for Darkrai, for Dark moves provide the same properties as Ghost moves except STAB.
    The Phantom Force Darkrai was previously released in Japan last year.
    Darkrai is specially inclined... and Phantom Force isn't even STAB. This isn't even that decent of a giveaway.

Darkrai itself is still a decent giveaway because the above distribution was the only way to get it (in Japan, Taiwan and South Korea) within Gen VI.

Back