• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game with the highest single save file playtime

Years
    Without a doubt Pokemon Emerald! When I was a kid on my first save I somehow clocked almost 700 hours on that game, completing most of the Battle Frontier and almost completing the Hoenn regional dex. I think that's why I have so much nostalgia for Gen III, as you can tell I spent most of my childhood there haha, even clocked over 100 weeks on that single save trying to see if the rocket would ever take me to space, simpler times lmao.

Years
    I don't ever restart games and only have one save file, so let's see...

347:32 hours on my Ruby
    266:46 hours on my Black (checking it now on the DS, I somehow remember that it used to be bigger😄)
    353:20 hours on my Pearl (goodness, the nostalgia of starting that game up!)
    144:19 hours on Shield, it's still young.

That's it for the main series games. I could check on spinoffs later too.

Years
    • Seen today
    It would surely be Emerald because it's the one where I get invested into the post game.

Most of the time I finish the story around 25 hours, and since I'm not a super completion type person that's when I'm finished.

Years
    • Seen today
    I think I had like 200 hours on Pearl? I think I just kinda grinded the Berries and stuff...not even sure why. Just things you do as a kid I guess.

Years
    By far my longest save ever was on Pokemon Y with over 600 hours on it. The reason for this was me starting to get into competitive battling more after Gen 6 came out so I spent too much time breeding for perfect IV Pokemon, EV training them, building strong teams and then battling online. I was also shiny hunting a lot back then so at least around 150 hours were spent shiny hunting with different methods (Masuda method, chain fishing, friend safari and horde hunting).

The second place goes to my White 2 save with around 350 hours on it. This save is pretty much a 100% completed White 2 game because I did everything you can do in this game. I beat White Treehollow, Pokestar Studios, every tournament in PWT, beat the E4 with a Monotype team with almost every type, leveled up every shop in Join Avenue to their max level and I also completed the living Unova Pokedex on that save. I also did some shiny hunting in double grass but only found one shiny, a shiny Camerupt after almost 14k random double grass encounters.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I maxed-out my playtime in my original Pearl save. Longest playtime on any of my current saves, though? Probably HeartGold at 333:03.

EDIT: Nope! Gold Version (Virtual Console) has HeartGold beat at 382:20.

Last edited:
    Years
    i maxed out my diamond version playtime before i unfortunately sold it. this was more than ten years ago, but i vividly remember having 999:99 playtime. @__@ it was nuts.

shield is next on the list with about 800 hours sunk into it. blame shiny hunting for that. =P

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Ultra Sun with 944:49. Managed a palindromic number without trying.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Thus far, I logged close to 600 hours on Pokémon Sword. I don't remember what the exact hours are, but the hours are something like that. Mind you, I received Pokémon Sword as a gift last Christmas, which should be an indicator of how much I play it. The main reason I have so many hours on it is because most of my time is spent breeding and battling competitively on it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Probably 50+ hours on ORAS. I've spent a lot of time finding the Pokemon I want through DexNav, raising their Affection levels, and then decorating them.

Years
    • Age 19
    • she
    • SC
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    I had ~400 on my original Y save file. Probably more on my original White save, but I never bothered to check before deleting it.

Back