• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that requires insane hand-eye coordination

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Have you ever 100% beaten some the most games infamous for being just stupid difficult? Dark/Demon Souls, Super Meat Boy, Sekiro, Touhou, Cuphead - just go name a few.

If so, let's hear your humble brags. :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I guess the closest to that description is me beating Eryi's Action. However, I consider this more of a puzzle platformer than a hard game. It still has a lot of cheap deaths, though!

Other than that I've gotten to world 5 (The Rapture) in Super Meat Boy and I've gotten past Mike Tyson in I Wanna Be The Guy. I did get stuck in both of these games eventually, though. That was when I was still into ridiculously hard platformers. Nowadays I wouldn't even dare touch these games again.

I can't say I was nearly as successful in Dark Souls (which I gave up really quickly) and MH4U (which I lost interest in when I reached the second town).

pkmin3033

I can't say I found Dark Souls to be all that difficult tbh - I don't think it's about hand-eye co-ordination as much as it is learning where everything is, what boss' attacks and tells are, and how to avoid them. Most bosses throughout the series have very obvious tells that give you more than enough time to get out of the way...they just punish you quite severely if you get it wrong. I found Hollow Knight to be similar, although that required faster reaction times - the Mantis Lords boss fight in particular, and Nightmare King Grimm both require very fast reaction times to do without getting hit.

For INSANE reaction times, though...Hatsune Miku: Project Diva, as a series. I managed to clear every song on Normal in Megamix on Switch with at least an Excellent rating and I am extremely proud of this, and I managed to Perfect about five songs on Hard. But there are two difficulties above Hard that I can't even make a dent in. I'm a loooong way away from doing stuff like this.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I've beaten the soulsborne series a fair few times. I don't think they're that hard to be honest, it's more just learning how things move and knowing how to react against that. It took me forever to be DS1 and didn't end up going back to it until after I beat DS2&3. No leveling runs are a pretty fun challenge once you've been through the game enough times.

I've played up to the current week of Friday Night Funkin, but haven't got a FC on a couple of the songs so I'm still working on that. Rhythm games in general are really hard for me, but they're definitely a good way to judge your level of hand/eye coordination.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't know if I can say that I've really ever beaten anything ultra difficult because if dumb, useless, talentless trash like me can beat it, it can't really be that hard, right?

Years
    There's a fight in The Witcher 2 that a lot of people struggle with. Probably the closest I get to something hard that I beat, since i don't tend to play overly hard games.

Years
    I 100% Super Meat Boy back when it was new. I also beat obscure SMB clone Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory. That was fun.

I also beat Ghostrunner last year, which is consider hard by some. It was cool game, but I didn't really find it that hard. It was designed more as a puzzle for you to solve, than just mindless action game. It doesn't give you anything for free, you have to learn from your mistakes. So, dying was expected part of the gameplay.

I'm currently playing Dark Souls. So far, I have the same opinion on it as on Ghostrunner. It isn't as hard as internet made me think it was. Speaking of souls-like games, I also beat The Surge 2, but it was so easy that I beat most bosses on the first try.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Cannot think of many games that qualify. Probably never played many of them. Closest matches:

- The True Arena in Kirby: Planet Robobot (with Mirror 99% of the time). Spikes way up in difficulty from the rest of the game. Takes maybe thirty minutes for a full run? (Probably varies by ability too, of course.)
    - Supreme Calamitas from the Calamity mod in Terraria. Forgot which difficulty, but definitely not the hardest.
    - Panthera Cantus on Ultimate in The World Ends With You (DS). Remembers getting the full Darklit Planets set. Includes Black Jupiter, which is that boss and difficulty.

Back