• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gathering all Magic Players - The Magic: the Gathering Club!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
  • Damn, nice pulls! I think my best was pulling the foil Mox Opal + Shadowmage Infiltrator from a MM2015 pack.

Also when I was opening some Innistrad packs I bought myself last summer, I got both Snapcaster Mage as well as Liliana of the Veil. :D I think they're worth about $140USD together atm? Not sure if their prices have changed or not xd

One of my personal favourites was opening 2x Narset Transcendent planeswalker cards. <3 The new U/W style has me really liking white more now! ^^

nightsmith97

Know Thyself
    Years
  • Username: nightsmith97
    Favourite Colour: Blue; I love control.
    Favourite Deck: Well, I have a neat Mardu deck I put together last year!
    Mode of Play: Paper! I like holding the cards as opposed to clicking on them.

I wouldn't say I'm 'new' to the game, as I have a good understanding of the rules and such. However, I do consider myself a 'newbie' to Magic: The Gathering. I haven't had many people to play with but I AM going to college soon, so hopefully I can find a group to play with there. :)

Ullion

Years
  • Welcome! \o/ *High-fives for the blue love*

I'm in the same boat. I get the grasp of MtG, but I'm far from experienced, and I just play casually. I seriously hope you get to find a cool group of people to play with!

nightsmith97

Know Thyself
    Years
  • I think my best pull was a Monastery Mentor. Sadly I no longer have it. I also pulled a Worst Fears once, which I think would be great for EDH/Commander.

Years
  • I'm still mega jealous of you Ullion for pulling a foil Mox Opal!

I think my best pull was a Monastery Mentor. Sadly I no longer have it. I also pulled a Worst Fears once, which I think would be great for EDH/Commander.
    Worst Fears is such a fun card! I haven't played with it but I have used a Sorin Markov ultimate ability to control someone else and it's so much fun! For you anyway, not so much for the other person.
    Also Monastery Mentor is a stupidly good card imo. I'm debating picking on up for my Teysa EDH deck.

nightsmith97

Know Thyself
    Years
  • Oh, I almost forgot to mention; not long after KTK was released, I went to my local card shop and bought just a single booster pack and got a Wooded Foothills! Fetch Lands are great. :D

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Welcome to the club Nightsmith!

Favourite Deck: Well, I have a neat Mardu deck I put together last year!

You have very good taste ;) R/W/B FTW!

I pulled a goyf, a foil blood moon, and a kitchen finks in the first Modern Masters. Totally made it worth buying the box and buying another :)

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • my best pull was when i bought my first pre made deck box that came with two extra booster packs. i pulled Nissa hehe.

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • Nissa :) Elves are cool! I just got into them a bit and now they're on my Commander deck idea list. I think maybe I should get xmage or something so i can make decks.

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • How interested would you be in making an EDH/Commander deck together?

(i double posted but no one saw so shhhh ;-; )

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I think it would be fun that we elaborate on making EDH deck

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I got a couple packs for my birthday, and I managed to pull a Gideon, so that's pretty cool. I don't have any decks or cards that it will fit into, so I might keep it until I do, or trade it away for some really good cards. Or sell it, but I'm probably not going to do that.

I've been playing the Magic Duels game, and I think it's pretty fun. It's going to be interesting going through all of these story modes and testing out the various deck types. Maybe I'll find one that really clicks.

As for building a deck, I think I'd be more of a hindrance than a help, haha.

Ullion

Years
  • Omg the storymode on Duel: Origins... it just proves I can't use black decks. All the story modes I could do easily except Lilliana's!

I can mix black with other colours.... just monoblack is so difficult. ><"

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • Omg the storymode on Duel: Origins... it just proves I can't use black decks. All the story modes I could do easily except Lilliana's!

I can mix black with other colours.... just monoblack is so difficult. ><"

yeah my friend has a black zombie deck quite annoying. i havent play any magic duels on steam because of league haha. im building a new deck though using a deck builder.

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • Well, I believe that we should take a look at some commanders, everyone could suggest a commander, maybe a little description about what we could do with the commander, or we could choose 2/3 colors (Or we could go purple with 5 ;D) and find a commander for those colors.

I'm personally down to play any combination and use any commander, but these 3 color combos are my personal favorites.

Grixis: B/R/U
    Jund: R/G/B
    Mardu/Dega: R/W/B

After we have decided on a commander/color combination we could each contribute a list of cards we think would work well with the deck and commander, also lands that are not basic would be very appreciated.

Remember: We aren't buying this or anything, so don't worry about the cost of cards when you suggest them, think more about how much you'll enjoy using the cards and their synergy with the deck we've been making already.

Some of the cards suggested won't make it, and that's ok! The point of this is to have fun and expose yourself a bit more to Commander(Nolafus you got this ;D)

We could also do tribal if any of you are interested in that.

For anyone who doesn't know, tribal is a type of deck consisting of one creature type, or centered around a creature type. Ever seen a goblin, elf, vampire, or merfolk deck? Those are all tribal decks! I'm personally a fan of vampires, zombies, and elves. :P

Ullion

Years
  • My favourite colour combinations would be:

Jeskai (R/U/W)
    Temur (R/U/G)

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It's really hard for me to think of a EHD deck