• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 8 move animation project [DISCONTINUED]

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
Years
  • Thanks to people like you and Darryl :)

Don't mention it, we are just glad that we could help on this project.

Let's hope Maruno doesn't change the way animations work!

Well... possibility might be a 0% considering the fact that Maruno seems to no longer focus on animation related stuff such as the all animation project etc.

Yup, but I hope ZUD can Compatible with EBDX v18....but Maruno released new version of Essentials before ZUD compatible with EBDX..

Um... that won't be possible cause Lucidious and StCooler has confirmed that they will no longer work on the V18 of ZUD and like they said before, they will work on the EBDX support after the V19 ZUD is complete and EBDX has a V19 update (which it has)

Years
    • Seen today
    Um... that won't be possible cause Lucidious and StCooler has confirmed that they will no longer work on the V18 of ZUD and like they said before, they will work on the EBDX support after the V19 ZUD is complete and EBDX has a V19 update (which it has)
    PokeMiner made a post stating he was working on v18 compatibility for ZUD and EBDX (and his own plugin, EMBS....oh, with all these acronyms), so I'll leave that to him to release that. I haven't heard a word from him on the subject for quite some time, though.

ZUD for v19 is going through quite a few coding improvements, so it's going to be a very different project anyway from its v18 incarnation (at least on the back end of things). Native compatibility with EBDX v19 as well as the new Gen 8 Project is definitely something I want to incorporate before release. Please nobody mention v20 lol.

EDIT: Also, if Z-Move animations are on the horizon, maybe some of you could make use of these title cards for all the Z-Moves. I already supplied StCooler with these images, but since this is a community project, it may as well be a shared resource. I have no idea if they're worth incorporating into the move animations or not, so make of them what you will:
    https://i.imgur.com/B3uU3eH.png

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    no more error in animation editor again^^
    Nice :)

Don't mention it, we are just glad that we could help on this project.
    <3

Yup, but I hope ZUD can Compatible with EBDX v18....but Maruno released new version of Essentials before ZUD compatible with EBDX..
    Exactly.
    Basically I made my plugins (Z-moves only, and then ZUD with Lucidious) because I needed them for my game. Now I have every script that I want, I only have to make the story (with events and such). It will be too time-consuming for me to upgrade every script (I have ~30 more that I won't release), so I won't be working on new scripts until I finish my own game.
    The animation project, on the other hand, is also something that I need XD

Maruno seemed to have been in a hurry, I don't understand why. He wanted to release v19 as soon as possible, and he didn't want to include Gen 8 stuff in it. ZUD would have been easier to upgrade.
    Does anyone know why he wanted to release v19 so fast?

PokeMiner made a post stating he was working on v18 compatibility for ZUD and EBDX (and his own plugin, EMBS....oh, with all these acronyms), so I'll leave that to him to release that. I haven't heard a word from him on the subject for quite some time, though.
    That's not good :(

EDIT: Also, if Z-Move animations are on the horizon, maybe some of you could make use of these title cards for all the Z-Moves. I already supplied StCooler with these images, but since this is a community project, it may as well be a shared resource. I have no idea if they're worth incorporating into the move animations or not, so make of them what you will:
    https://i.imgur.com/B3uU3eH.png
    Thanks!

Where is the GEN8-Solar Blade.png?
    I forgot to put it! Check again.

DarrylBD99

Years
  • Maruno seemed to have been in a hurry, I don't understand why. He wanted to release v19 as soon as possible, and he didn't want to include Gen 8 stuff in it. ZUD would have been easier to upgrade.
    Does anyone know why he wanted to release v19 so fast?

Well... it isnt the matter that he wanted to post it so fast, but because many stuff planned for v19 is already finished. However, porting project gen 8 to suit v19 would mean that it will need to be complete rewritten. Though I agree to some extent that Maruno should've waited a bit longer, but I am pretty sure that gen 8 isn't in his priority...

Then I guess you should inform him that Luka's EBDX is now on v19 and... well... I dont see much of a way to download the v18 one... The history section only gives changes to a file which btw, doean't really help us... Therefore, we shoulf probably tell him as soon as possible about this...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Then I guess you should inform him that Luka's EBDX is now on v19 and... well... I dont see much of a way to download the v18 one... The history section only gives changes to a file which btw, doean't really help us... Therefore, we shoulf probably tell him as soon as possible about this...

I have EBDX v18

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    Hello there so i have a little problem here once i resize my screen after installing your pack nothing shows up on it anymore is that normal ?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hello there so i have a little problem here once i resize my screen after installing your pack nothing shows up on it anymore is that normal ?
    Absolutely not normal!
    Have you installed other scripts that might affect the size of the screen?
    Can you launch the game?
    What do you mean "nothing shows up"?
    Please give more information.

Years
    • Seen today
    Absolutely not normal!
    Can you launch the game?

so .... when are we going to do the common animation?

Years
    • Seen today
    Now :) This is the current task!
    I wasn't thinking you'd need a start signal :)

Yup I need it :v

EDIT : But, I need a rest too for fix and continue my project and maybe I Will make some common animation too..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    Absolutely not normal!
    Can you launch the game?

Actually it was fixed that's because i used Essentials V19 lol i actually went back to v18 and ZUD plugin it worked real fine ! :)

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Sorry but Reborn made these common anim, no?
    Spoiler:

Also, did you guys make Detect? Reborn did IIRC.

Last edited:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Sorry but Reborn made these common anim, no?
    Spoiler:

Also, did you guys make Detect? Reborn did IIRC.

My list is necessarily correct because I made it by using a script to scan the database and check for every common animation called in Essentials ^^
    The common animations you mention depend on moves. Reborn probably used the move animations as their common animations ^^"
    Which is a god idea ^^

DarrylBD99

Years
  • My list is necessarily correct because I made it by using a script to scan the database and check for every common animation called in Essentials ^^
    The common animations you mention depend on moves. Reborn probably used the move animations as their common animations ^^"
    Which is a god idea ^^

Actually speaking of that, would pokemon essentials even play the common animations for the terrain?

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
    Years
  • Actually speaking of that, would pokemon essentials even play the common animations for the terrain?

It sure would. I don't know if you have seen that when a Pokemon with the surge abilities like grassy surge comes in battle the ability pop up would vanish instantly and that is probably because there are no common animations for the terrain effects. However I don't know whether it will keep the battle bg with the terrain graphics, I never tried.

Back