• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Years
  • any tips you want give to make it less like the x and y sprites and more close to the gba style?
    is this better?
    Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

i find it rather difficult especially with Vivillon, honedge, doublade, and aegislash
    can you help with hawlucha?
    version 1
    version 2

Last edited:

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • any tips you want give to make it less like the x and y sprites and more close to the gba style?
    is this better?

i find it rather difficult especially with Vivillon, honedge, doublade, and aegislash
    version 1
    version 2

Size matters a bunch. Make sure they are the appropriate sizes. (64 x 64) and make sure they are somewhat relative to the rest of the pokemon sizes. Check the lighting and shading on them. (This includes outlines)

Study original gba pokemon sprites. Keep a reference of the art you're doing on the side while you're drawing.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Okay, so I needed a reason to get back into spriting for a bit, so I figured I'd do a Dedenne sprite.

Sorry about no backsprite, I'm not very good at those. I'm a little worried I got the size wrong... then again, it seems roughly Pikachu-sized. Feel free to redo the eyes, I'm not 100% sold on those. The tuft of fur on the tail was a pain.

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    (I Edited, recolored, resized, and combined some sprites)
    Xerneas :

Yveltal :

Yveltal (Full back body sprite) :

The Yveltal sprite looks a bit squished, but there's not much you can do due to its design in the first place. I can insert it into in the game and it looks fine.
    However, the Xerneas sprite has way too many colors, because sprites can only use 16 colors. The horns on the front look a bit messy too.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    is this better?

version 1
    version 2

Sorry won't be taking any of these at this stage. Might use some of the Meowstic backs as bases.

Okay, so I needed a reason to get back into spriting for a bit, so I figured I'd do a Dedenne sprite.

Sorry about no backsprite, I'm not very good at those. I'm a little worried I got the size wrong... then again, it seems roughly Pikachu-sized. Feel free to redo the eyes, I'm not 100% sold on those. The tuft of fur on the tail was a pain.

This is good! I'll definitely use it as a base! Backs are probably the easiest things for me to do, so no sweat.

It's using the artwork of Galifia as references.

I've already done Chesnaught.

(I Edited, recolored, resized, and combined some sprites)
    Xerneas :

Yveltal :

Yveltal (Full back body sprite) :

Sorry but Tudou summed it up the issues with them perfectly. They're probably the hardest pokemon in this whole set so why not start with something simpler.

Anyway, sorry for the long absence. Here's Mega Beedrill!

Credits to Spherical Ice for the front sprite which I touched up a tad.

EDIT: I'm on a ROLL!

Mega Slowbro (credits to The Cynical Poet and Layell for the original front sprite which I resized and touched up)

and Mega Salamence (credits to Sky High for the original which I recoloured)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    Sorry won't be taking any of these at this stage. Might use some of the Meowstic backs as bases.

This is good! I'll definitely use it as a base! Backs are probably the easiest things for me to do, so no sweat.

I've already done Chesnaught.

Sorry but Tudou summed it up the issues with them perfectly. They're probably the hardest pokemon in this whole set so why not start with something simpler.

Anyway, sorry for the long absence. Here's Mega Beedrill!

Credits to Spherical Ice for the front sprite which I touched up a tad.

EDIT: I'm on a ROLL!

Mega Slowbro (credits to The Cynical Poet and Layell for the original front sprite which I resized and touched up)

and Mega Salamence (credits to Sky High for the original which I recoloured)

estan geniales!!! These sprites are awesome!! Keep it up man! I'm waiting for Mega Altaria and hondge line patiently ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I was bored, and noticed that Hawlucha didn't have a sprite. So I whipped this up:

I have noticed that it's missing a one or two things. Feel free to use it as a base!
    (Sorry if it looks too small, and that it doesn't have a backsprite! D:)

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • estan geniales!!! These sprites are awesome!! Keep it up man! I'm waiting for Mega Altaria and hondge line patiently ;)

Thanks! The Honedge line is a bit complicated, but I really want them done. I'll probably work on them next.

I was bored, and noticed that Hawlucha didn't have a sprite. So I whipped this up:

I have noticed that it's missing a one or two things. Feel free to use it as a base!
    (Sorry if it looks too small, and that it doesn't have a backsprite! D:)

Yeah it's a tad small don't think I'll accept it sorry!

So I'm going full steam ahead apparently. I've done a few new sprites, and have also taken the liberty to replace
    Froakie, Flabebe, Floette, Goomy and Sliggoo with what I think are superior sprites from the XY sprite project!

Froakie (credits to N-Kin for the front sprite)

Flabebe (credits to Princessofmusic for the front sprite)

Floette (credits to Princessofmusic for the front sprite!)

I've updated Sylveon to its most recent iteration in the XY Sprite Project (credits are still to Layell!)

Goomy (credits to Wobblebuns)

Sliggoo (credits to Wobblebuns)

I fixed up Inkay's front sprite to make it smaller and cleaner

I've also redone Goodra because the broken neck started bugging me!

The newest addition to the Kalos Pokemon is Barbaracle (credits to Red Rooster and Layell for the original front sprite which I resized)

Last but not least here's Mega Steelix. He was an absolute monster to do.

Last edited:
    Back