• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Computer Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Well, I have heard that you can record with DVD-player but I don't know how.

Years
    Which game console are you wanting to record from? You have DVD recorders, TV tuners/cards, the Pinnacle Dazzle, or the Hauppauge HD PVR, and many more for recording content from your TV to your PC.

Also, I only ask about the game console because in today's world, the latest generations of video game consoles offer high definition output, and not many recording devices offer HDMI/component video input.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    I want to make walkthroughs, basically for anything. However, I use my DSi XL a lot. I am even writing this message with it.

Years
    If you have an original Nintendo DS, and some spare time and steady fingers, someone made a dock that hooks into the DSs internals and allows you to connect it to a computer via USB and record it. Or you can use a camera, although it isn't the best in quality. I'll see if I can find some links later.

Hmmm. I have a spare DS. It might be interesting to give this a go, depending on how complex it is.

Years
    Well since everyone there are independent sellers it's best to have a look at feedback and see what the majority of people say :D Also don't forget to look at all the details like payment and delivery and such.
    But I've personally bought something along the lines of that example and it was perfect, the only problem was postage xD took about two months to arrive, but it said so in the delivery details so it was to be expected.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Just keep an eye on the seller, the feedback, and the shipping. Shipping is the most important, because sometimes it can be pretty expensive depending on the seller. As Hybrid Trainer mentioned, you'll have to be pretty patient. You'll be in good hands when the seller has 100% feedback though. ;)

Years
    So did anyone get anything computer-related for Christmas?

I got a Logitech Driving Force GT for racing sims on the PC. Currently hooning through TDU2. :D
    General Computer Chat

Oh, and just before Xmas I got myself 2 1TB HDDs, so they're now pulling 270 MB/s in RAID. :D

Years

I'm thinking of doing it. :P Since I'm not a fan of them.

You're meant to remove the plastic. It's purely for packaging only. :P

Sorry, it's just I have to deal with customers all the time who insist on leaving the plastic on well after it has bubbled over and changed colour.

"Why do you leave that rubbish on?"

"I don't want it to get scratched"

"Why don't you want it to get scratched?"

"Because it will look bad"

"And the peeling plastic covering it up looks good?"

"I JUST WANT IT ON LEAVE IT ON BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THE MENTAL CAPACITY TO DEAL WITH PEELING A STICKER OFF aaaaaaAA!"

...sorry. I had to.

Years
    I know the feeling all to well. Just like my mother. She keeps them on to prevent damage, but it looks ugly regardless if she keeps it on there, or it does get scratched.

Correction - it looks worse with the plastic on, regardless. Even if the surface gets scratched to buggery, it's still going to look better. If anything that adds character. The plastic is just a badge of achievement in tackiness. :cer_laugh:

There's one case in which it's acceptable. If there's a case going on very soon or it's being resold. Seriously, though. I don't have a case on my phone or laptop and they're both spotless. People must abuse their stuff. :/

I'm thinking about buying myself a nice mechanical keyboard. Maybe a 87Key Leopold with MX Clears?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I just removed it. It sure looked really unappealing, and it's asking to be removed. :P But some parts were harder to remove... hinges, anyone?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Honestly I don't see the point of leaving the plastic on the laptop xD You're gonna get the plastic scratched anyways.

Sorta changing the topic guys...It's been a week for me trying to fix a 7-inch mini netbook my sister got for Christmas, and I'm starting to think that she got a dud instead of a deal. Note to self: stay away from Windows CE.

Years
    CE is an older OS, so I doubt your sister got the netbook as a new or a refurb.. also, since it's a netbook, your sister shouldn't be doing any hardcore stuff on it due to it's small processor and small-sized screen.

EDIT: Wow.. I need to check my facts more.. apparently the latest build of CE was back in March of 2011 xD though the OS was initially released in 1996

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
    CE is an older OS, so I doubt your sister got the netbook as a new or a refurb.. also, since it's a netbook, your sister shouldn't be doing any hardcore stuff on it due to it's small processor and small-sized screen.

EDIT: Wow.. I need to check my facts more.. apparently the latest build of CE was back in March of 2011 xD though the OS was initially released in 1996

Windows CE stands for compact embedded. It is used quite a lot in the business side, such as in ATMs and Kiosks. It sucks for home used though, no eye candy, not to mention all the programs you are used to won't work on CE architecture.

Back on topic, I got a 'Logitech Keyboard for Android 3.0+' I used it all the time with my Acer Icona A100. I love they keyboard. It works great. My Christmas was uneventful. No cool gifts that I didn't ask for. :/

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I got one of those Samsung Galaxy Players for Christmas. I've never really been able to mess around with Android before, because I wasn't willing to shell out for an off-contract Android device that can run anything newer than Froyo.
    Since the SGP runs Gingerbread and has basically the same specs as the Galaxy S phones, I'm hoping that it will get ICS same as the SGS.

btw anyone know any good free GBA Emulators or other great Free android apps i Should try?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back