• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Now I'm just scared it'll get too crowded and difficult to post in for people who aren't online as often as you crazy people. Maybe we should have a limit on 5 posts a day or so? Idk?

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Now I'm just scared it'll get too crowded and difficult to post in for people who aren't online as often as you crazy people. Maybe we should have a limit on 5 posts a day or so? Idk?

Well you can take two paths:

• Take the more DCC-ish path and not put that rule, encourage casual character interaction and conversations.
    • Take the more traditional RP path and make people think ot their posts and write thoroughly like a regular RP.

I'm more for the first option as the new RP is meant to be casual and not serious - it's not a smash bros RP, it's a sort of lounge for current/former RP characters, the ultimate sandbox. There could be organized events by players and mods such as "king of the hill" style tournaments, awards, quests around the forum, etc. It would basically serve as a home for any minor events (ones that don't need as many people/attention as big events such as the Smash Bros event or the PMD event.)

TBH what would be really good would be a way to IM between people. Google Docs/Etherpad is a great way for people to both discuss what they want to do as well as stroing important information such as SUs and whatever other info.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well you can take two paths:

• Take the more DCC-ish path and not put that rule, encourage casual character interaction and conversations.
    • Take the more traditional RP path and make people think ot their posts and write thoroughly like a regular RP.

I'm more for the first option as the new RP is meant to be casual and not serious - it's not a smash bros RP, it's a sort of lounge for current/former RP characters, the ultimate sandbox. There could be organized events by players and mods such as "king of the hill" style tournaments, awards, quests around the forum, etc. It would basically serve as a home for any minor events (ones that don't need as many people/attention as big events such as the Smash Bros event or the PMD event.)

TBH what would be really good would be a way to IM between people. Google Docs/Etherpad is a great way for people to both discuss what they want to do as well as stroing important information such as SUs and whatever other info.
    Valid point. There's no need to store a lot or keep a strict leash on the IC. People who arrange interaction just gotta keep track of each other or make joint posts I suppose :)

Foxrally

Years
  • I think you'll love what Rika and Deceptio have written up<3.

Lets keep it carefree, and mostly rule-free, for now :D.

aghhh I'm fangirling rn :D

Really excited to see what could come out of this in the future. 10 years later I'll go up to the young whippersnappers and be like

General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

"I was part of this, respect me and inflate my ego!"

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I'm anxiously awaiting my thread approval after a two year Hiatus, It feels good to be back, I can sit back in my chair and sink in to writing, and letting my mind wander, I have Easter break so I'll be doing a mix of Read - Write - Game.
    I just wonder if people like my roleplay ideas.
    I am not making the mistake again of getting in too many roleplays, I look forward to an entirely new population of marvellous writers and roleplayers, a few years ago I found most of the rps I joined had the exact same girls, while it was good, they weren't too reliable, nor bringing much new ideas forward.

I apologize for trailing off topic but I... honestly do not understand what you guys are saying.

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years
  • I'm anxiously awaiting my thread approval after a two year Hiatus, It feels good to be back, I can sit back in my chair and sink in to writing, and letting my mind wander, I have Easter break so I'll be doing a mix of Read - Write - Game.
    I am not making the mistake again of getting in too many roleplays, I look forward to an entirely new population of marvellous writers and roleplayers, a few years ago I found most of the rps I joined had the exact same girls, while it was good, they weren't too reliable, nor bringing much new ideas forward.

I apologize for trailing off topic but I... honestly do not understand what you guys are saying.

Welcome to the RPC! *hands book*

This is the holy blargle, book of our tentacled supreme overlord Blarzigord. Worship him 294 times a day and you'll be fine.

*whispers* stay away from the person called gimmepie. He's dangerous.

But in all seriousness, hope your RP is interesting :D What is it about?

Last edited:

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Welcome to the RPC! *hands book*

This is the holy blargle, book of our tentacles supreme overlord Blarzigord. Worship him 294 times a day and you'll be fine.

*whispers* stay away from the person called gimmepie. He's dangerous.

But in all seriousness, hope your RP is interesting :D What is it about?

The Dark Age Of Pokemon, brings a dark side of these powerful creatures their true selves out, or rather how people use them, this is set around the medieval age, as I view Damos' time to be Ancient Era. All the factions have some kind of bad thing attached, I don't want people to be chosing the neutral faction as you see, like The Kingdom Of Swadia In Mount and Blade, as they seem the most european. Pokemon are slaves, used on full fledged war.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Well you can take two paths:

Personally I still stick with the opinion that we should stay away from the "IC DCC" idea... as that would make it a little too underwhelming for my tastes. Just because it's treated as a proper RP doesn't mean posts need to be incredibly thorough and thought out you know? But now I'm excited regardless. XD

I think you'll love what Rika and Deceptio have written up<3.

Lets keep it carefree, and mostly rule-free, for now :D.

Hell yes! I was mentioned! Now when I complain to the younglings I can link back to this conversation and claim respect from their innocent minds!

General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

That's right you lousy brats with yer newfangled RPs and yer holographic interfaces! Back in my day we did things right!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm anxiously awaiting my thread approval after a two year Hiatus, It feels good to be back, I can sit back in my chair and sink in to writing, and letting my mind wander, I have Easter break so I'll be doing a mix of Read - Write - Game.

Welcome back! We'll assess your submission before to long, don't worry :3

And sorry if we are a bit crazy in this thread lately... We've been brainstorming ideas for a new kind of RP, a sort of lounge where you can put characters from other RPs and just explore them a bit more and interact with others that you wouldn't get to meet IC otherwise.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Hi guys

Would it work to make it a bit Wreck-it-Ralph-ish? The characters now they're from different worlds, but they don't act strange about it. Although in this case they don't know they're from "games" or roleplays in this case. The world could be a mash-up of some kind, smashing the world's iconic parts together into a small city like thing, were the characters just interact.

Years
  • Welcome back! We'll assess your submission before to long, don't worry :3

And sorry if we are a bit crazy in this thread lately... We've been brainstorming ideas for a new kind of RP, a sort of lounge where you can put characters from other RPs and just explore them a bit more and interact with others that you wouldn't get to meet IC otherwise.

You left out the part where we now worship Blarzigord in the RPC

Seriously though, any idea on a timeframe for when we might see this cafe?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi guys

Would it work to make it a bit Wreck-it-Ralph-ish? The characters now they're from different worlds, but they don't act strange about it. Although in this case they don't know they're from "games" or roleplays in this case. The world could be a mash-up of some kind, smashing the world's iconic parts together into a small city like thing, were the characters just interact.
    Actually, I thought we'd just let the players choose that themselves. Most likely, I'll let my characters just be there with not much of a mystery, because the setting isn't the plot. The characters are.

You left out the part where we now worship Blarzigord in the RPC

Seriously though, any idea on a timeframe for when we might see this cafe?
    Soon. All good things come to those who wait.

Years
  • Actually, I thought we'd just let the players choose that themselves. Most likely, I'll let my characters just be there with not much of a mystery, because the setting isn't the plot. The characters are.

Soon. All good things come to those who wait.

I didn't mean to rush anyone, I'm just curious xD

Jay

Years
  • Hi guys

To help further explain this for all newcomers... (As I think this plot is settled.)

The RP is essentially a casual cesspool of any character you want to play as from any RP you have previously been in. These characters will travel through various different scenarios and setting alongside one another, it will be a casual sandbox RP experience that will allow players to play as and better get to know any character they have previously created.

As for the "plot" so to speak...

All of the characters are aware they are from different worlds, or at least they'll most likely realize it pretty soon. However some omnipotent force (Blarzigord) is warping them through dimensions and throwing them into various situations for his amusement.

This is established more as a way to explain how the characters will react to different things... and as a means of all the characters actually being where they are. It's technically a plot, but there's no real depth to it... basically the omnipotent presence is using them as a means of killing time, they can't do anything about it and so they have no real choice but to interact with one another in the varying and progressively varied scenarios put forth by the omnipotent presence. (Eg. Café, Hotel, Desert Island, Medieval/Fantasy, Murder Mystery on a train, etc. etc.)

In other words, the characters know their own worlds, will have to adapt and react to different worlds... and the reason behind it all is that some God thought "LOL this will be funny" and threw all of these characters together.

That's about it as far as I understand it. There's no real underlying plot besides this apart from, presumably, small interactions and adventures that characters will get up to themselves in the settings provided.

In other words, casual hilarity and comic relief will ensue.

Edit:

Actually, I thought we'd just let the players choose that themselves. Most likely, I'll let my characters just be there with not much of a mystery, because the setting isn't the plot. The characters are.

Eh? So we're not going with the Blarzigord thing anymore?

Alright never mind I'm starting to lose track of what's going on myself. XD

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Unfortunately, I do not have any real characters at the moment, I mean I could bring out a very old character by trolling the RPC Crypt, but going around there makes me feel uncomfortable, plus those characters are hardly up to standard, I wish to add that my roleplay I am submitting, I do not have any specific character as I will be focusing on playing the miscellaneous NPCs.

Holy Milktank! Adventure I just noticed, you were mod when I was here before my Hiatus, You gave me my very first (and only) infraction, for One Liners when I had only just joined, on Realm Of Darkness. I know it isn't very memorable nor a particular good thing, do you remember me? I just found you in my Inbox.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    To help further explain this for all newcomers... (As I think this plot is settled.)

The RP is essentially a casual cesspool of any character you want to play as from any RP you have previously been in. These characters will travel through various different scenarios and setting alongside one another, it will be a casual sandbox RP experience that will allow players to play as and better get to know any character they have previously created.

As for the "plot" so to speak...

All of the characters are aware they are from different worlds, or at least they'll most likely realize it pretty soon. However some omnipotent force (Blarzigord) is warping them through dimensions and throwing them into various situations for his amusement.

This is established more as a way to explain how the characters will react to different things... and as a means of all the characters actually being where they are. It's technically a plot, but there's no real depth to it... basically the omnipotent presence is using them as a means of killing time, they can't do anything about it and so they have no real choice but to interact with one another in the varying and progressively varied scenarios put forth by the omnipotent presence. (Eg. Café, Hotel, Desert Island, Medieval/Fantasy, Murder Mystery on a train, etc. etc.)

In other words, the characters know their own worlds, will have to adapt and react to different worlds... and the reason behind it all is that some God thought "LOL this will be funny" and threw all of these characters together.

That's about it as far as I understand it. There's no real underlying plot besides this apart from, presumably, small interactions and adventures that characters will get up to themselves in the settings provided.

In other words, casual hilarity and comic relief will ensue.

Edit:

Eh? So we're not going with the Blarzigord thing anymore?

Alright never mind I'm starting to lose track of what's going on myself. XD

That's... Not really what we had in mind actually. We have actual RPs for that stuff :3 you are welcome to create a multiverse RP if you want. But this is really just meant to come and go as you like and have whatever fun you like to have in whatever setting we happen to have going on, and then oops setting changed. No worries, just start anew or even keep an interaction going but in a different place.

You don't think that'll be the best way to do a thing like this?

Think of it as a dreamworld; you never know how you get to a place, suddenly you're just there :3

... Though, as I think about it, it might be more fun and invite more interaction if we do it like you say and have them be aware that their surroundings are new. Maybe some just can take a bit of time to realize it, if they want to play oblivious for a while? Just like you won't immediately realize when you're in a dream!

Holy Milktank! Adventure I just noticed, you were mod when I was here before my Hiatus, You gave me my very first (and only) infraction, for One Liners when I had only just joined, on Realm Of Darkness. I know it isn't very memorable nor a particular good thing, do you remember me? I just found you in my Inbox.
    Haha hello! I do remember your username actually ;) I must have been called Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers back then.

Jay

Years
  • That's... Not really what we had in mind actually. We have actual RPs for that stuff :3 you are welcome to create a multiverse RP if you want. But this is really just meant to come and go as you like and have whatever fun you like to have in whatever setting we happen to have going on, and then oops setting changed. No worries, just start anew or even keep an interaction going but in a different place.

You don't think that'll be the best way to do a thing like this?

Think of it as a dreamworld; you never know how you get to a place, suddenly you're just there :3

But... but... Blarzigord... this is blasphemy...

Eh, I don't mind if that's the way you want to do things of course. I just thought some context to everything and some small explanation as to why the characters were there at all would be a bit more exciting.

Since I was a kid I've always been left with a sour taste in my mouth when things happen for no understandable reason plot wise, it takes away from things for me... though that's a personal problem, obviously.

It's not like I was expecting some big epic battle for freedom at the end or anything. Nor did I desire any sort of major development apart from the characters being moved around... that would go against the entire premise of the RP after all, but oh well, it doesn't matter really. ^^

It's not my creation though, so do what you like!

On a side note, we'll still be doing things like the hotel, deserted island and murder mystery train right? I don't see how this change would effect them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back