• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    But... but... Blarzigord... this is blasphemy...

Eh, I don't mind if that's the way you want to do things of course. I just thought some context to everything and some small explanation as to why the characters were there at all would be a bit more exciting.

Since I was a kid I've always been left with a sour taste in my mouth when things happen for no understandable reason plot wise, it takes away from things for me... though that's a personal problem, obviously.

It's not like I was expecting some big epic battle for freedom at the end or anything. Nor did I desire any sort of major development apart from the characters being moved around... that would go against the entire premise of the RP after all, but oh well, it doesn't matter really. ^^

It's not my creation though, so do what you like!

On a side note, we'll still be doing things like the hotel, deserted island and murder mystery train right? I don't see how this change would effect them.
    I edited my post before you replied :o

And yeah, the cooler the settings, the better!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Think of it as a dreamworld; you never know how you get to a place, suddenly you're just there :3

... Though, as I think about it, it might be more fun and invite more interaction if we do it like you say and have them be aware that their surroundings are new. Maybe some just can take a bit of time to realize it, if they want to play oblivious for a while? Just like you won't immediately realize when you're in a dream!

That sounds really fun.
    You should drop them in the middle of a situation without explanation, like in Inception.

Years
  • But... but... Blarzigord... this is blasphemy...

Eh, I don't mind if that's the way you want to do things of course. I just thought some context to everything and some small explanation as to why the characters were there at all would be a bit more exciting.

Since I was a kid I've always been left with a sour taste in my mouth when things happen for no understandable reason plot wise, it takes away from things for me... though that's a personal problem, obviously.

It's not like I was expecting some big epic battle for freedom at the end or anything. Nor did I desire any sort of major development apart from the characters being moved around... that would go against the entire premise of the RP after all, but oh well, it doesn't matter really. ^^

It's not my creation though, so do what you like!

On a side note, we'll still be doing things like the hotel, deserted island and murder mystery train right? I don't see how this change would effect them.

I have to admit, I would also prefer some sort of reason for the occurrences in the RP, even if they are flimsy any inconsequential I find it more comfortable to RP in a universe where things are happening for a reason. I support whatever method you guys go ahead with though, that's just my two cents.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I like how RPC has become an obscure cult. Do we do ritual sacrifices in the name of Blazigord or just post in his name? :P

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Members suggest and the mod listens. Omnipotent force and awareness it is!

I call bull, mods are evil >:)

Hooray, Blarzigord rules supreme once more!

Also shh, Fox, you dishonor the Lord Blarzigord with such words. You mods are amazing, our Lord Blarzigord approves.

10/10

Would force into eternal worship again.

Or as he would put it.

"BLACHGARBKALAH! DENKACH/DENKACH!"

I like how RPC has become an obscure cult. Do we do ritual sacrifices in the name of Blazigord or just post in his name? :P

Blarzigord needs no sacrifices, Lord Blarzigord needs nobody. The world needs Lord Blarzigord.

Disclaimer:
    Blarzigord and associated cults and worshipers hold no responsibility or liability in court of law for the actions of individual members. While Lord Blarzigord does not accept or acknowledge sacrifices in his name, he will also not be held liable should someone "donate" a life to his cause. All dead eventually return to Blarzigord, as Blarzigord is the ruler of all. Should Blarzigord be held liable and presented in a court of law then Blarzigord will not be held liable nor be presented in a court of law due to his omnipotent eminence willing it into being.

© Blarzigord the Almighty - 2015 to The rest of our eternal damnation and sovereignty in his presence.

I just got thrown out of my relaxed mood by some police siren on this other game I play.
    Any ideas to get relaxed again?

It helps me to relax when I sing songs of praise to our Lord Blarzigord.

I feel like I'm actually starting to become indoctrinated into a cult. Someone help me.

Years
  • Am I the only one starting to get a little creeped out by how popular the "blazigord" thing has gotten?

Blarzigord is weird and confusing, but he seems to make people happy. Let them have their fun, and just roll with it. Smile and nod, grunt ambiguously from time to time, and just repeat to yourself "It's just a game, I should really just relax."

After all, as Discord once said, "What fun is there in making sense?"

I just got thrown out of my relaxed mood by some police siren on this other game I play.
    Any ideas to get relaxed again?

I find it helps to get a sandwich and a drink, sit in your favorite seat, and listen to some music. Smooth jazz works well, but I prefer polka.

#PolkaWillNeverDie

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • I was gone for literally just a weekend. I come back and:

-We have some sort of God now? all hail Blarzigord!
    -Deceptio turned president
    -Someone promised banners but they're still not up *nudge, nudge*

I could call this weird stuff and all the like but then again... It's the Roleplay Corner. I can't remember we ever had "normal" members.

Years
  • Am I the only one starting to get a little creeped out by how popular the "blazigord" thing has gotten?

I was creeped out from the beginning.

BLASPHEMY!

I'm honestly loving how totally out of hand this has gotten and intend to continue worshipping our tentacled master. Honestly I'm just waiting for a string of Blarzigord RPs to show up haha

I was gone for literally just a weekend. I come back and:

-We have some sort of God now? all hail Blarzigord!
    -Deceptio turned president
    -Someone promised banners but they're still not up *nudge, nudge*

I could call this weird stuff and all the like but then again... It's the Roleplay Corner. I can't remember we ever had "normal" members.

Being normal and being a part of the RPC are definitely mutually exclusive.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Have an idea in my head about a sci-fi esque roleplay wherein the characters are captured by <insert evil guys here> and forced to fight in an arena for the amusement of that world's general population. events unfold, shit gets crazy, players band together, fight for freedom etc.

not all players would necesarily work together, however. i was thinking of using an alignment system of sorts and having choices made by players affect the course of the plot rather than everyone just being along for the ride. like for example, players a, b & c manage to make it to an escape pod. evil guys offer player b money and freedom if they sabotage the escape pod so it cant fly away.

it wouldn't just be a whole players awkwardly band together, go through plot point 1, plot point 2 etc. it'd be more sandboxy than that, but still have certain plot points designed to drive it forward. sorry if my explanation sucked... lol, but just gauging interest. it would include you creating your own species of alien, their home planet etc, just for more fun.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Have an idea in my head about a sci-fi esque roleplay wherein the characters are captured by <insert evil guys here> and forced to fight in an arena for the amusement of that world's general population. events unfold, muk gets crazy, players band together, fight for freedom etc.

not all players would necesarily work together, however. i was thinking of using an alignment system of sorts and having choices made by players affect the course of the plot rather than everyone just being along for the ride. like for example, players a, b & c manage to make it to an escape pod. evil guys offer player b money and freedom if they sabotage the escape pod so it cant fly away.

it wouldn't just be a whole players awkwardly band together, go through plot point 1, plot point 2 etc. it'd be more sandboxy than that, but still have certain plot points designed to drive it forward. sorry if my explanation sucked... lol, but just gauging interest. it would include you creating your own species of alien, their home planet etc, just for more fun.

Hey, an RPC post. that doesn't mention Blargizoid or whatever the hell has been going on for the past week, seriously, what the hell is going on this seriously just exploded out of nowhere, who are you people, I'm scared

Sounds a bit like the Hunger Games, right? I like that you could have your own aliens, but maybe expand a bit more on how it would be a bit more different from those kinda lame, nah jk they're OK... I never read them books to make it more original?

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • *dusts self off*

Hello all. It feels like forever since I posted again in this forum! I went to PC for old time's sake and read my old posts. My, how time flies. I used to write so differently. That said, reading back on my old posts made me miss writing and roleplaying. I'll be lurking around the RPC for a journey-style RP to join (I miss doing those the most). I'd make my own, but after two failed attempts at moderating an RP, I'm not too ecstatic to try again orz

It's nice to see familiar faces still around! I don't know if any of you recognizes me though. I have been on and off since 2011 .-.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    *dusts self off*

Hello all. It feels like forever since I posted again in this forum! I went to PC for old time's sake and read my old posts. My, how time flies. I used to write so differently. That said, reading back on my old posts made me miss writing and roleplaying. I'll be lurking around the RPC for a journey-style RP to join (I miss doing those the most). I'd make my own, but after two failed attempts at moderating an RP, I'm not too ecstatic to try again orz

It's nice to see familiar faces still around! I don't know if any of you recognizes me though. I have been on and off since 2011 .-.
    I remember you, Ace :3 I was called Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers before. Welcome back!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back